Saturn Jupiter Conjunction 2020 and my chart. Am I in some serious trouble?

Osamenor

Staff member
I'd rather not but let's just say my Saturn return is not far away.

I think what Bunraku means is profection year. One way to see how active the planets are for you, and how strongly you're likely to be affected by their transits, is the time lord technique, which is dependent on your age, in years, as of your last birthday. If you currently have Saturn or Jupiter activated by profection, that makes for a stronger effect, from the conjunction, than if neither of them is activated by profection.

If your profected sign for this year is Capricorn or Aquarius, Saturn is your current time lord. If it's Sagittarius or Pisces, Jupiter is. In that case, the conjunction would be extra significant.

Saturn or Jupiter would be activated by profection, but not the time lord, if they're in the same sign as your current time lord, or if your time lord is the ruler of the sign that they're in. So, you have to know which planets rule which signs to figure it out. For this purpose, only traditional rulers are used.

To know which sign you have profected, follow this formula: from birth until your first birthday, your rising sign is your profected sign and its ruler is your time lord. On your first birthday, the second sign from your ascendant is profected, and its ruler becomes your time lord. On your second birthday, third sign, and so on. The cycle starts over when you turn 12, 24, and all other multiples of 12.

If your first Saturn return isn't far off, you're obviously older than 24 but younger than 36. Count the birthdays you've had starting with your 24th. Then, count that number of signs from your ascendant. Where you land is your profected sign, and that sign's ruler is your time lord.

ElenaJ

For some reason lately I've been having problems viewing imgur.
Is it possible for you to post the chart in a different format?
Thanks

ElenaJ

No, I'm not.Thanks.
I had problems in the past, then it was working, and now for a while the window opens but then goes black. No idea what the problem is.

The19thLaw

I think what Bunraku means is profection year. One way to see how active the planets are for you, and how strongly you're likely to be affected by their transits, is the time lord technique, which is dependent on your age, in years, as of your last birthday. If you currently have Saturn or Jupiter activated by profection, that makes for a stronger effect, from the conjunction, than if neither of them is activated by profection.

If your profected sign for this year is Capricorn or Aquarius, Saturn is your current time lord. If it's Sagittarius or Pisces, Jupiter is. In that case, the conjunction would be extra significant.

Saturn or Jupiter would be activated by profection, but not the time lord, if they're in the same sign as your current time lord, or if your time lord is the ruler of the sign that they're in. So, you have to know which planets rule which signs to figure it out. For this purpose, only traditional rulers are used.

To know which sign you have profected, follow this formula: from birth until your first birthday, your rising sign is your profected sign and its ruler is your time lord. On your first birthday, the second sign from your ascendant is profected, and its ruler becomes your time lord. On your second birthday, third sign, and so on. The cycle starts over when you turn 12, 24, and all other multiples of 12.

If your first Saturn return isn't far off, you're obviously older than 24 but younger than 36. Count the birthdays you've had starting with your 24th. Then, count that number of signs from your ascendant. Where you land is your profected sign, and that sign's ruler is your time lord.

It's Sag......

Osamenor

Staff member
Then Jupiter is your time lord. If you have any planets in Sagittarius or Pisces, or in the same sign as your Jupiter, those planets are activated by profection. The rest might still have some effect on your life via their transits, but it's the planets currently activated that are most likely to make you sit up and take notice. Same goes for transits to those planets.

The next question to ask is, where does this grand conjunction land in your chart? Do you have any planets in aspect to it?

If you have anything between about 27 degrees of a cardinal sign and 3 degrees of a fixed sign, that's the hot spot for this conjunction.

If you don't, it's more likely to just be a cool thing you see in the sky.

The19thLaw

Then Jupiter is your time lord. If you have any planets in Sagittarius or Pisces, or in the same sign as your Jupiter, those planets are activated by profection. The rest might still have some effect on your life via their transits, but it's the planets currently activated that are most likely to make you sit up and take notice. Same goes for transits to those planets.

The next question to ask is, where does this grand conjunction land in your chart? Do you have any planets in aspect to it?

If you have anything between about 27 degrees of a cardinal sign and 3 degrees of a fixed sign, that's the hot spot for this conjunction.

If you don't, it's more likely to just be a cool thing you see in the sky.

Grand conjunction lands in the 6th house.

So my true node is in Sag (5th house), squares my Virgo moon though.

Nothing in Pisces although my loaded natal house is the 12th one (Stellium).

Jupiter is in Virgo as is my Moon. Jupiter makes trines with Uranus and Neptune. Is in the 1st house.

Moon in 2nd house and makes trines with Mars, Neptune, Midheaven and sextiles my Pluto. Squares my true node though.

Main cardinal sign in my natal chart itself (not speaking of the transits here) is Capricorn. Uranus 15 degrees Capricorn and neptune at 16 degrees. Lots of Leo and a Scorpio pluto but nothing in that early of a degree. Lowest is a 4 degrees Gemini Mars in my natal.

Osamenor

Staff member
Grand conjunction lands in the 6th house.

So my true node is in Sag (5th house), squares my Virgo moon though.

Nothing in Pisces although my loaded natal house is the 12th one (Stellium).

Jupiter is in Virgo as is my Moon. Jupiter makes trines with Uranus and Neptune. Is in the 1st house.

Moon in 2nd house and makes trines with Mars, Neptune, Midheaven and sextiles my Pluto. Squares my true node though.

Main cardinal sign in my natal chart itself (not speaking of the transits here) is Capricorn. Uranus 15 degrees Capricorn and neptune at 16 degrees. Lots of Leo and a Scorpio pluto but nothing in that early of a degree. Lowest is a 4 degrees Gemini Mars in my natal.

This is probably going to be an easy transit for you. If you have any difficulties, they're due to something else.

It might even be a lucky time, like blackbery thinks. That could be anything from major stroke of luck to simply some very pleasant moments.

Transiting trines are often what you take for granted, because they represent something that's going smoothly for you. You're not worried about it, so you don't focus on it, but you have it to fall back on. It can be like the magical item the hero found earlier in the quest that helps him out of a bind, or the being he was kind to earlier who comes back to help.

The19thLaw

This is probably going to be an easy transit for you. If you have any difficulties, they're due to something else.

It might even be a lucky time, like blackbery thinks. That could be anything from major stroke of luck to simply some very pleasant moments.

Transiting trines are often what you take for granted, because they represent something that's going smoothly for you. You're not worried about it, so you don't focus on it, but you have it to fall back on. It can be like the magical item the hero found earlier in the quest that helps him out of a bind, or the being he was kind to earlier who comes back to help.

Now I am curious to know what makes a transit rough as opposed to easy.

Lots of oppositions perhaps?

Osamenor

Staff member
Now I am curious to know what makes a transit rough as opposed to easy.

Lots of oppositions perhaps?

How it plays out in your life.

A "hard" transit--square, opposition, or conjunction--can be a time of welcome change, or a time of serious crisis. An "easy" transit--sextile or trine--can be a time when things are going well (so well you'll probably take them for granted) or when something not so nice happens easily and effortlessly.

Your own actions are also a factor. How do you respond to whatever this transit brings? How have you been living your life? Key astrological transits can be times when you reap rewards or consequences.

Which planets are or aren't activated by profection may also be a factor. Right now, if I understand correctly, you have Jupiter activated but not Saturn. So Jupiter is the stronger player in this conjunction, as far as you're concerned. Jupiter tends to bring nicer things than Saturn does. If there are any problems with Jupiter, it's the too much of a good thing kind of problem, but if you've also got Saturn there, he reigns in Jupiter's excess.

Last edited:

The19thLaw

How it plays out in your life.

A "hard" transit--square, opposition, or conjunction--can be a time of welcome change, or a time of serious crisis. An "easy" transit--sextile or trine--can be a time when things are going well (so well you'll probably take them for granted) or when something not so nice happens easily and effortlessly.

Your own actions are also a factor. How do you respond to whatever this transit brings? How have you been living your life? Key astrological transits can be times when you reap rewards or consequences.

Which planets are or aren't activated by profection may also be a factor. Right now, if I understand correctly, you have Jupiter activated but not Saturn. So Jupiter is the stronger player in this conjunction, as far as you're concerned. Jupiter tends to bring nicer things than Saturn does. If there are any problems with Jupiter, it's the too much of a good thing kind of problem, but if you've also got Saturn there, he reigns in Jupiter's excess.

Makes sense, so a trine can mean that a relationship ends ASAP instead of it taking forever to end through worry and being a rollercoaster. So Trines are not always fine lol. Trademarked in case anyone wants to steal it!

As for my chart, at this point, all I can say is maybe you can look at it to see what else I may have missed. Lemme know if Imgur link works for you.

Osamenor

Staff member
Makes sense, so a trine can mean that a relationship ends ASAP instead of it taking forever to end through worry and being a rollercoaster. So Trines are not always fine lol. Trademarked in case anyone wants to steal it!

I would think of the relationship ending ASAP scenario as a hard angle transit thing. Maybe Mars to Mars (which happens every six months or so; you'd have to have more of a lineup than just Mars to Mars that to get that result). That's the moment when someone--maybe you, maybe your partner--decides to take decisive action rather than drag it out anymore. And if you're making that decision, then it already wasn't working. You're taking action to improve your situation, even if it's unpleasant in the moment.

Here's an example of a way a trine was not fine for me: a few years ago, Mars retrograded from early Sagittarius into late Scorpio, opposed my natal Mars, crossed my north node, trined my Saturn, which rules my AC, and squared my sun. I got a cold that just would not quit. It went on for months.

But as you see, I had some hard angle stuff happening at the same time. And both of the traditional malefics were involved. And I had Mars activated by profection at that time.

It was one of our forum friends who clued me into the trine aspect being part of that picture.

Last edited:

The19thLaw

I would think of the relationship ending ASAP scenario as a hard angle transit thing. Maybe Mars to Mars (which happens every six months or so; you'd have to have more of a lineup than just Mars to Mars that to get that result). That's the moment when someone--maybe you, maybe your partner--decides to take decisive action rather than drag it out anymore. And if you're making that decision, then it already wasn't working. You're taking action to improve your situation, even if it's unpleasant in the moment.

Here's an example of a way a trine was not fine for me: a few years ago, Mars retrograded from early Sagittarius into late Scorpio, opposed my natal Mars, crossed my north node, trined my Saturn, which rules my AC, and squared my sun. I got a cold that just would not quit. It went on for months.

But as you see, I had some hard angle stuff happening at the same time. And both of the traditional malefics were involved. And I had Mars activated by profection at that time.

It was one of our forum friends who clued me into the trine aspect being part of that picture.

Preference then. I prefer a sudden end rather than months of uncertainty lol.

This profection stuff is all super new to me.

Unfortunate you had to go through what you did though. Was it a cold itself or are we talking even worst aspects? Could you not work or do anything at all as a result? Tough stuff though. Malefics malefics malefics.