Newbie question on Medical Astrology

Senecar

Hi All

Sorry for utmost newbie question in this field. This is first time I have ever come across this topic.

How do you delineate medical horoscopes? Would it be by Natal charts? or NC with progressions? or Horary? or combination of those?

How is it done in traditional vs. modern methods? Rough notes or summary would be great. Thanks.

Frisiangal

If you are unable to take lessons in the study of astrology and its medical health associations I'd suggest searching 'Medical Astrology' through your browser. It will give you hundreds of sites which you can look through for information.

To learn from scratch I can recommend 'Greek medicine Net'. It takes you through stage for stage of learning in an easy to understand way.

Medical Health astrology is not something you can learn in a week or two. If it really grips and captures your interest, it can become an enlightening process explaining 'cause breeds effect' pertaining to physical ailments.

:smile:

dr. farr

And first you must be conversant with general anatomy and physiology (at a college level)-remember that medical astrology was once (before the early 1700s) part of a complete medical curriculum at the great universities of Europe.

Senecar

I am interested in Medical Astrology because it deals with well being of people, and it looks a fascinating subject.

Even now there are many symptoms that doctors do not know what they are, and cannot cure. Going to hospital would not always solve the problems of the patients - they just get there, and do lots and lots of tests, scans and get injected with this and that, and eventually get worse - there are many cases like this too. I have seen these cases happening to close relatives.

So Medical Astrology would be a great alternative resource for getting information about the ailments and getting or giving treatment from home in certain cases.

Thanks for your advice and info. :)

Last edited:

dr. farr

Yes-it is especially of value for those who use alternative health methods such as herbal medicine and homeopathy. Obviously in important cases a conventional medical diagnosis is a necessity-however, once the medical diagnosis is known, medical astrology indications can help guide therapeutics when using complementary remedies from herbal and/or homeopathic medicine.

Senecar

Great advice. Thank you. Any good book recommendations for Medical Astrology? Although my bookshelf has no more room now since I started reading on Astrology, and keep ordering books from this January :)

Culpeper

Premium Member
Books you can use on the subject of medical astrology: Astrological Judgment of Diseases from the Decumbiture of the Sick by Nicholas Culpeper 1655, London and A Handbook of Medical Astrology by Jane Ridder-Patrick 2006, Edinburgh. I have recent printings of these books so they are probably available now. If you do not see them, try searching at addall.com under out of print books.

dr. farr

Now that you have the most important modern book on medical astrology, get old Dr. Cornell's "Encyclopaedia of Medical Astrology"; also M. P. Hall's "Astrological Keywords", which has some simple and direct sections about medical astrology. Judith Hill's "Medical Astrology" is also worth study.

Oddity

A friendly bit of advice: pick up a page magnifier with Cornell's, as you'll probably need it.

It is, though, a highly informative book.

Frisiangal

Now that you have the most important modern book on medical astrology..............

That's only in English, I presume. :wink::smile:

Does anyone know if/how the 'revised' edition(s) differed from the original texts? An in-exclusion of material, or a change of perception in viewing a chart?
Couldn't find any info. when googling.

I don't have the book. Do her methods use only the 7 traditional planets, or
also include any outer planet (and Chiron?) influences?

Senecar

Now that you have the most important modern book on medical astrology, get old Dr. Cornell's "Encyclopaedia of Medical Astrology"; also M. P. Hall's "Astrological Keywords", which has some simple and direct sections about medical astrology. Judith Hill's "Medical Astrology" is also worth study.

Managed to get the Dr Cornell's EOMA as well. What a great book this is. It is over 900 pages full of gem information not just in Medical Astrology, but seems have good information in general Astrology too.

When I was ordering the Handbook of Medical Astrology book, Dr Cornell's EOMA was also recommended in the seller's system, so decided to get it too. I am glad I did.

Placed an order for M P Hall's Astrological Keywords as well - it is coming from the seller in USA, so will take a week or two.

Thank you for great recommendation. :)

Last edited:

Senecar

A friendly bit of advice: pick up a page magnifier with Cornell's, as you'll probably need it.

It is, though, a highly informative book.

Yes, it is incredible that it has been written in 1930s with the depth and amount of information in it.

Senecar

I don't have the book. Do her methods use only the 7 traditional planets, or
also include any outer planet (and Chiron?) influences?

It includes the new planets - Uranus, Neptune and Pluto, but can't see Chiron. (maybe it is in the newer edition?)

Loda41

I have a problem with coffee addiction, have been drinking it all my life and now I have headaches and skin rashes on my ankle when I overdue the black beverage. Have quit for a time but regress. Have Scorpio stellium in 5-6house starting with Saturn Mercury and Sun, Venus in 6H. Have Libra Neptune in 5H squaring Cancer Uranus in 2H. Any advice is welcome.