Hello again

Hey people. I created an account here several months ago, but life sidetracked me and I've not been back since. I thought I'd reintroduce myself and try to be sociable.

My name's Nick. I'm a Libra. A pretty stereotypical, textbook Libra at that. Okay, maybe not THAT bad. haha. I do see a lot of the traits however. I'm friendly to the point of annoyance. I've never really met a stranger, nor do I stop talking for long. I'm stimulated first and foremost by the intellectual side of a person above all else. I can be flippant, indecisive and superficial (Hey, at least I admit this), but one thing I am is loyal to a fault. When I'm not working, you can pretty much count on me being there.

What else interesting about me... hmm. Well I was born in the Northeast of England, but raised primarily in the US, hence having lost my horrible Geordie accent. I work in finance (Not interesting, I know) and I lead a pretty normal life. Would love to get better acquainted with some of you that could teach me a thing or two about astrology.

Hi again all!

haidee

Hello Nick *shakes hand* Nice to meet you.

Loyalty and honesty is what I praise the most (along with mutual respect).
You didn't write it, but I can only guess that you're an honest person since you wrote the 'negative' traits of yourself/Libra. :lol:

So your account is older than mine, but I'd still like to welcome you.

Hello Haidee. Yes. I do tend to have foot in mouth syndrome. I blame that on my Sagittarius rising. It's sort of a contradiction, yet a nice balance to having a Libran sun.

Hey Jack and Pieta! Very cool to meet the both of you. Feel free to message me anytime you like as well. I know quite a few Virgos and get on well with them. Must be that Mercury-Venus chemistry, I suppose.

What are your charts like? I'll post mine, so that you can get an idea of who you're dealing with. haha

k9i2jq.jpg

wilsontc

Staff member
Activity on the site, to Perspicacity

Perspicacity,

You asked:
Is this place usually a bit more active? Seems like this must be the slow period.

It can take awhile for people to get back to others on the Forum. Unlike Facebook, the Forum is not based on "instant response."

Following up,

Tim

Re: Activity on the site, to Perspicacity

Fair enough, Tim. It would be cool to see this site a little more active than it is. Everyone of you seems super nice.

Interesting chart, Jack. As an astro newbie, myself, I had to sort of guess around at some of your placements. If I'm reading that correctly, does that make you a Capricorn rising?

haha. Very cool, Jack. For someone who's relatively new to astrology, you sure seem to know what you're talking about.

I had to laugh a bit at "But I have Uranus and Neptune tightly conjunct my Ascendant". Sorry. Having a schoolboy moment here. I need to get serious.

As an astro beginner, I'm just now getting into houses and what roles they play in each placement. I went to the library and got a stack of astrology books that might as well be in Greek. I'm having a difficult time understanding a lot of it. I would have been better off with "Astrology for dummies", but I digress.

Maybe one of you would be kind enough to assert their astro knowledge on explaining my chart and what makes me tick. It would be interesting to see how I'm read and if it's accurate or not.

wilsontc

Staff member
Learning astrology, to Nick

Nick,

If you want a simple "quick and dirty" way to learn very basic modern astrology, check out the link below this post. If you want someone to read you chart for you, please post on the "Read My Chart" Forum.

Suggesting,

Tim