Transiting Pluto Sextile Natal Venus

byjove

Account Closed
Hello all!

I Google-searched this on the forum and I did not find something on this. (unless there is a very differently-phrased thread!)

In my chart

I have this transit upcoming in the new year. I'm very interested in learning about it. A friend who is a professional astrologer (who unfortunately I don't get to talk to often) marked it as significant for me. Venus is in the natal 9th of Pisces ruling the 4th and 11th and TR Pluto rules the 5th of Scorpio, sextiling Venus from the 6th house in Capricorn.

Some people like the specific details and some like the general so there is the specifics if they're desired. Another detail, I started a relationship with a foreign person in the summer of 2014 under a TR Saturn trine Venus transit, and my astrologer friend thinks in my case it may mean more unfolding of that situation. He has moved back to his own country where he has significant family responsibilities.

General

I'm especially interested in this from a relationship context. I don't have any strong TR Pluto experience yet so I'm very new to this. I find direct experience far more helpful than just reading astro books and I'm keen for personal insight from others.

So, Pluto is about transformation but also fate. Venus, I've selected in the romantic/relationship context. Transformation of an existing relationship or if single, a fateful or deep, transformative romance or relationship? And, are these Pluto meetings brief or keepers?

Have you seen this, had this, or have some thoughts you'd like to share?

Attachments

• By Jove TR Pluto Sextile Natal Venus March-April 2015.gif
    By Jove TR Pluto Sextile Natal Venus March-April 2015.gif
    76.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Catia

Hi, I experienced transiting Pluto trine natal Venus, some years ago. It might have a similar effect to the sextile...

It was a very positive time for me, overall. It was the time of learning and growing through relationships with others, not only through romantic encounters. This transit helped me overcome some issues that I had in my social life (being shy, reserved etc). As a consequence my social life changed a lot during this transit. I started a new chapter in my life, I met a whole bunch of new people and my social life was blossoming. I remember I read somewhere that flowing Pluto transits might have healing and therapeutic effects regarding relationships, love etc.
I also met a significant other, just after this transit ended. In my case this relationship, although very important and significant, didn’t survive in the long run. But it taught me a lot and will surely be one of the most important romantic relationships I had.
Because you are already in a relationship, this transit will probably strengthen it, if it has solid bases. Pluto likes strengthening everything which is valid. Also, you might learn more about yourself thanks to this relationship. But you should look at other transits to confirm how this transit will manifest in your love life. The fact that Venus is in your 9th house and you are with a foreigner makes perfect sense here. But I saw that Pluto will square your Sun so watch out for this one...

Ojos_raros

My wife has this coming up. Natal Pluto is in the 5th (house of children). Transiting Pluto is in the 8th and will sextile natal Venus in the 10th, which rules her Ascendant. She is 6 months pregnant and will meet her son when the sextile begins.

byjove

Account Closed
Catia,

Thank you so much for your input. It's great to hear from someone else who knows about this personally. Maybe I'll add "trine" to the title to broaden it. The sextile and trine have more in common than difference I suppose.

It was fascinating reading your account. The defining feature, or at least that you mentioned, seems to be the 'transformative relationship', which is so very often tied to this type of connection. So your social life expanded too? Blossomed? I was curious about the effects uponse social engagements. Pluto is associated with intensity, the opposite of superficiality. Were any of these friendships transformative or intense? I wonder. And how about finances? Any changes?

I don't consider myself in a relationship with the foreigner. How I wish. I broke up with him when his plans changed. But we are in contact and 7 months later I can't get him out of my head. We're discussing maybe I'll go visit him in his country in March (interestingly, when the transit is strong). But who knows. Maybe it's someone else.

Ojos, Venus being the ascending ruler, despite the fact that Pluto is an outer planet, I can't wait to see the practical effects. My good friend, the professional astrologer also marked out a few years ahead when TR Pluto trines my ASC ruler. Life changes. Leaps and bounds ahead, I'm told.

Catia

So your social life expanded too? Blossomed? I was curious about the effects uponse social engagements. Pluto is associated with intensity, the opposite of superficiality. Were any of these friendships transformative or intense? I wonder. And how about finances? Any changes?

Yes, my social life changed very much. I had just moved abroad and met a lot of interesting people. Some of these encounters were superficial, but had some effect on me nevertheless. But I began friendships which were intense, transformative and very therapeutic.

The time of this transit was very formative and I felt most of its effects just after it was over, and that’s when I met this significant other. Pluto transformations are said to take time and in my case there were some issues to work on. Actually, I had very high expectations towards this transit before, when it was approaching. I thought I would basically meet a soul mate and everything would be fine…But actually internal transformation was much more important and necessary. It’s not that a miracle happened and a new love popped into my life, out of the blue, or everything was just going smoothly in my love life... With Pluto it’s more complicated. Rather, I changed and my attitudes towards relationships changed and this positive transformation attracted a lot of good things into my life. I was a completely different person before and after this transit.

I had very rich social life for 2 years after this transit was over. After that, some bad Chiron transits came and things became more complicated...
Venus rules in my chart the 2nd and 9th house. My financial situation was quite good, stable, but nothing extraordinary. However, I travelled quite a lot for my job during this time, even to very distant places.

jkxx74

Premium Member
I am about to have this one soon as a transit, and have experienced it before as an aspect in a composite chart with an SO.

What Catia said rings true, as that relationship changed my attitudes about myself, others, and even what I could do in a professional sense. Certainly I did many things which had seemed impossible or unthinkable before, and I would say the effect was overall healing.

One danger with Pluto is that it tends to be both possessive and compulsive in the way it acts, so you could find yourself intensely wanting to "hold on" to someone, or experience this in reverse where someone else becomes fixated on you. The sextile is mild so it won't be anything scary, but it's something to keep in mind.

byjove

Account Closed
I am about to have this one soon as a transit, and have experienced it before as an aspect in a composite chart with an SO.

What Catia said rings true, as that relationship changed my attitudes about myself, others, and even what I could do in a professional sense. Certainly I did many things which had seemed impossible or unthinkable before, and I would say the effect was overall healing.

One danger with Pluto is that it tends to be both possessive and compulsive in the way it acts, so you could find yourself intensely wanting to "hold on" to someone, or experience this in reverse where someone else becomes fixated on you. The sextile is mild so it won't be anything scary, but it's something to keep in mind.

I have this problem now. But TR Pluto is still 2.5 degrees away from making an the aspect exact. Yikes.

jkxx74

Premium Member
You could look at the progressed chart and see if the progressed planets form any aspects between Pluto and Venus, that would have a very similar effect. (I have found a progressed planet making an aspect to one in the natal chart tends to present the same situation but without one's awareness of it at first, and the above rule also applies to a transit to the progressed planet.)

Mine is almost exactly 2.5 degrees away as well right now. Fun times coming.

byjove

Account Closed
You could look at the progressed chart and see if the progressed planets form any aspects between Pluto and Venus, that would have a very similar effect. (I have found a progressed planet making an aspect to one in the natal chart tends to present the same situation but without one's awareness of it at first, and the above rule also applies to a transit to the progressed planet.)

Mine is almost exactly 2.5 degrees away as well right now. Fun times coming.

Hey!

Any updates? May I ask, do you have anyone in your life now? The reason I ask is I guess if there's someone in it now, they may be with whom things intensify, if not, someone new may be coming. Just wondering!

Anyone else have any experiences on this?

byjove

Account Closed

The time of this transit was very formative and I felt most of its effects just after it was over, and that’s when I met this significant other. Pluto transformations are said to take time and in my case there were some issues to work on. Actually, I had very high expectations towards this transit before, when it was approaching. I thought I would basically meet a soul mate and everything would be fine…But actually internal transformation was much more important and necessary. It’s not that a miracle happened and a new love popped into my life, out of the blue, or everything was just going smoothly in my love life... With Pluto it’s more complicated. Rather, I changed and my attitudes towards relationships changed and this positive transformation attracted a lot of good things into my life. I was a completely different person before and after this transit.

You know, a very experienced astrologer I'm in contact with placed heavy odds that this transit would produce 'a keeper' of a partner, a very significant one.

But, actually your prediction was more accurate. It was right on time, but it didn't last. Pluto has started retrograding, a month ago, and I'm left with a bad hangover. He definitely did have some controlling issues, which he flat out denied.

I haven't put all the pieces together of how to move forward. But I will.

craft94

I also had this transit recently, and honestly, nothing really happened...at least not as far as romance is concerned. I've taken a deeper look at myself, and I suppose some of my values have changed because of it, and quite a few friendships ended during this transit, but nothing very positive. This is just my experience though, and I will go through this transit again later this year (November/December) so hopefully things will transform for the better, then.

jkxx74

Premium Member
I have this problem now. But TR Pluto is still 2.5 degrees away from making an the aspect exact. Yikes.
Hi byjove, did things improve after the aspect happened?

Interesting things people are posting, could echo some of them but cannot go into any detail. I'll add mine alternates with Pluto conjunct AC and square p Venus so I'm trying to take it easy right now.

One recommendation would be to look at the person you are involved with and whatever their true needs may be that have been expressed and try to go along with those, then go back to wherever you were at with your own. It seems Pluto highlights this for consideration whatever you actually experience with these transits.

Some people like the specific details and some like the general so there is the specifics if they're desired. Another detail, I started a relationship with a foreign person in the summer of 2014 under a TR Saturn trine Venus transit, and my astrologer friend thinks in my case it may mean more unfolding of that situation. He has moved back to his own country where he has significant family responsibilities.

I'll be getting this combo (Saturn to Venus with Pluto sextile Venus) as well, this is interesting. Currently not worried about it as it's some months away. Was Saturn in the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th houses when this happened, if I may ask?

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
Hi byjove, did things improve after the aspect happened?

I'll be getting this combo (Saturn to Venus with Pluto sextile Venus) as well, this is interesting. Currently not worried about it as it's some months away. Was Saturn in the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th houses when this happened, if I may ask?

Well, as the aspect ended (Pluto retrograde, so, it will come again later this year or next year) the relationship ended. Things didn't improve. Even now he still comes up in my mind a lot. A bad love hangover.

As for the Saturn trine last summer, that was a different guy, but Saturn was in the 4th...spot on. I'm surprised. I seen at least one of my sisters find the man of her dreams during that transit - and it stabilised her life so much.

jkxx74

Premium Member
Well, as the aspect ended (Pluto retrograde, so, it will come again later this year or next year) the relationship ended. Things didn't improve. Even now he still comes up in my mind a lot. A bad love hangover.
This sounds like it was a painful outcome of things. I had one like this in 2006 and it haunted me for a long time. I wish you a quick (as much as circumstances permit) recovery.

I did have something develop with a Saturn trine to Venus just as Sat had crossed over into H7 and finished conjuncting the DC and it would have probably been good if I had handled it right but didn't (fault was on my end that time). Not really sure what this upcoming one will bring, but we'll see.

You are right, it would have been a stable deal too by how things were going.

byjove

Account Closed
I've just been taking a peek at this again.

I had this transit in March/April this year. Oh fated things happened! I knew it was to happen again. In January/February/March 2016 this transits my Venus again.

But guess what? Pluto goes retrograde in 2016 and it will station sextile my Venus, back over it, and forward again. Almost all of 2016 is transiting Pluto sextiling my Venus direct, station and direct again.

I had just two months of it in 2015 and it made a mark. All of 2016? Surely it can't involve the same person? I'll be living on the other side of the world! And I really think that's over.

craft94

In retrospect, even the second time around, this transit did nothing for me as far as relationships are concerned. However, it did have an effect on my personal aesthetics. Not only has my style changed, but I also became a lot more concerned about my appearance during this transit and the effect has stuck with me.