ASC,aspects and appearance

PlayItAgainSam

Is it all about ASC and aspects (+ planets in 1st house) ?

What i have seen so far, whoever has following aspects,they are pretty/handsome(We're talking about pure/classical beauty here):

• ASC :libra: or :cancer:
  • :venus:in 1st house and/or ASC :trine: ,:conjunct: :venus:

For a masculine appearance (mostly for men)

• ASC :conjunct::mars:
and of course

• ASC :scorpio: and :pluto: :conjunct: ASC is about being sexy/attractive.
There are other examples like above,i just wrote whatever came to my mind.

Do you mind to share any other examples ?

Or what about challenging aspects to ASC ?

Claire19

I agree that Venus connected to the ascendant is a marker for beauty or at least pleasant manner and appearance. Taurus and Libra rising are often
most attractive in both sexes.

Mars can give muscularity and strength if well aspected.

The ruler of the ascendant and its aspects are very telling.

Jupiter in the 1st can give great legs, height and humour with lots of golden hued hair if well aspected.

Cancer rising can give a generous chest depending on the Moon aspects
and a rounded soft look.

Claire19

I have Pisces rising with Neptune conjunct Venus and Mars in Libra.
I have regular features and the classic dark hair and blues eyes that often comes with this combination. I also have the strong limbs that is typically Martian and tend to freckle with the red undertones to my colouring. The events that happen in childhood and our physical weaknesses and strengths can also be indicated by the ruler and its aspects.

A planet in the 1st house will over-ride a mere sign,

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

ASC :scorpio: and :pluto: :conjunct: ASC is about being sexy/attractive.

I know Scorpio is often regarded as a "sexy" sign, but I'm a bit skeptical about this influence conferring "pure/classical beauty." However, the eyes of these natives are said to be magnetic, which may confer beauty onto otherwise unremarkable features.

This is not intended to be an insult to Scorpio Rising natives, for there are attractive people born under every Ascendant sign. I personally do not understand the attraction to beauty--especially the narrow definition of beauty we adopt in western society. I'm much more interested in studying specific physical features conferred by different planetary combinations, many of which have been discussed in other threads.

Arian Maverick

PlayItAgainSam

I know Scorpio is often regarded as a "sexy" sign, but I'm a bit skeptical about this influence conferring "pure/classical beauty." However, the eyes of these natives are said to be magnetic, which may confer beauty onto otherwise unremarkable features.

This is not intended to be an insult to Scorpio Rising natives, for there are attractive people born under every Ascendant sign. I personally do not understand the attraction to beauty--especially the narrow definition of beauty we adopt in western society. I'm much more interested in studying specific physical features conferred by different planetary combinations, many of which have been discussed in other threads.

Arian Maverick

What i have tried to say with "pure/classical beauty " like having nice features .
Everyone has comparative thoughts about beauty,attraction.
While some find this lady attractive (she has ASC :scorpio: ) some will think the opposite..
but for example Monica Bellucci has a classical beauty with beautiful face features and body...

I have just asked about ASC+Apperance..in general..

I hope,i could express myself enough...

Hi!

According to this thread I should be one sexy mama... I'm not!

I have:

Venus trine Ascendant (coming from 8th house)
Pluto sextile Venus and Ascendant
Neptune Conjunct Ascendant
Mars conjunct Ascendant
Venus Trine Mars

I'm considered average.

Mod!

I have found that a balance of elements when it comes to the asc and it's aspects makes one attractive...

Vista

I agree that Libra rising are usually attractive or at the very least, have pleasant features; Taurus to a lessor degree.

Definitely Venus conjunct or trine the ASC

I also find that Venus conjunct the Sun can giving attractive looks, as well as Venus conjunct the ASC ruler.

I also agree that a Scorpio ASC have an alluring quality and usually a lot of sex appeal. And yes, they always seem to have very penetrating eyes. LOL!

kaminari

I love talk of beauty & especially how it ties into astrology. I have Venus conjunct my MC, so beauty figures into my life. But she's in Scorpio, poor girl, not exactly the best place for Venus. But I really do love beauty but I know it's only skin deep. We all get old & ugly eventually. LOL

• ASC :scorpio: and :pluto: :conjunct: ASC is about being sexy/attractive.

A Libran friend of mine has this & he's quite intimidating to some people. I remember what I felt when I first saw him, but his energy was familiar. He told me recently that he was afraid of me when he first met me, which I thought strange.

I don't think I look like Aquarius Rising at all, but people do think I'm taller than I really am. People tell me I'm muscular all the time. I think it's cause my prog Asc went to Aries. I also love the gym. I do think that Aquarius Rising means I definitely did look different when I was a kid, half white & Asian. As I got older people couldn't see the Asian in me as much, they are surprised when they find out now. But they say, "yeah, I can kinda see it." When I was a kid I looked it. But I think progressed Asc changed things. I think I'm not good-looking, but women sometimes tell me I'm good-looking though, especially my Mom!:love: I don't believe them, I think it's more like an animal instinct I bring out. I have a lot of energy (Mars/Uranus/Pluto trine Asc) so maybe that's what comes out, not beauty for sure! I'm like the opposite of my Libra Rising friend. She's always telling me I'm crazy.

Anyway, this Scorpio Rising friend of mine, his eyes are intense. When he looks at you, it goes deep. He's a drummer in a band & at one of his gigs he looked at me while he was playing, kind of looked right into my soul. I'm a Scorpio so I understand. But it was still a little unnerving. Yet I can imagine why chicks would jump on it cause it's an intense & mysterious feeling he delivers to people.

While some find this lady attractive (she has ASC :scorpio: ) some will think the opposite..
HOT HOT HOT
but for example Monica Bellucci has a classical beauty with beautiful face features and body...

She's ok, but I wanna see her body.:innocent:

I agree that Libra rising are usually attractive or at the very least, have pleasant features; Taurus to a lessor degree.

Yes, superficially, even if they aren't "classic" beauties. I have a friend Libra rising & she attracts guys so easily. She's not beautiful but she lives beauty, she moves in beauty. It's ridiculous all the guys she attracts. It's not beauty so much as it's the energy she delivers. There's a lot more "beautiful" women in magazines, TV, whatever. It's the Libra energy she delivers. It's pretty nice. All guys & any guys are welcome to come woo her. She's sends out that message anytime she feels lonely. LOL

The hottest woman I've seen so far in my years was a Taurus Rising. I'd really be surprised if I meet anyone else in this lifetime that does it for me like this Taurus Rising.:w00t:

But even she'll get old & ugly one day too, but I just can't imagine it.:pinched:

I'm on the lookout.

Last edited:

Maira

It's... complicated :)
My ascendant is in Libra, but Saturn is conjunct asc, from the 12. Venus is in Aries, in the 7th, combust (or cazimi? there's a whole debate going on about cazimi), and also mars, a tight conjunction.

So sex-appeal, yes. Classical beauty? I don't think so :D Saturn dampens the whole thing, but gave me great bone structure. Pluto in 1st, opposite my stellium in the 7th, penetrating gaze and magnetic personality, but also a strong nose :)

So, my guess is it depends on the planets that are in the 1st house, especially those conjunct the ascendant, and also the ruler of the ascendant and it's aspects.
My two cents :)

Last edited:

PlayItAgainSam

I think I'm not good-looking, but women sometimes tell me I'm good-looking though, especially my Mom!:love: I don't believe them,

I also say the same thing to my son and seems he believes me for now. :-D When i am telling him "you monkey ! " as a joke and he is looking at me and saying "no mom,i am beautiful ! True that mothers are seeing their kids most beautiful but we are not blind either. :)

I think it's more like an animal instinct I bring out. I have a lot of energy (Mars/Uranus/Pluto trine Asc) so maybe that's what comes out, not beauty for sure! I'm like the opposite of my Libra Rising friend. She's always telling me I'm crazy.

hmm Mars trine ASC, maybe gives masculine attitude while Uranus trine ASC ...i think different than others..or look different..

The hottest woman I've seen so far in my years was a Taurus Rising. I'd really be surprised if I meet anyone else in this lifetime that does it for me like this Taurus Rising.:w00t:

But even she'll get old & ugly one day too, but I just can't imagine it.:pinched:
but taurus rising also gives a bit chubby features, you know

Last edited:

PlayItAgainSam

My ascendant is in Libra, but Saturn is conjunct asc, from the 12. Venus is in Aries, in the 7th, combust (or cazimi? there's a whole debate going on about cazimi), and also mars, a tight conjunction.

So sex-appeal, yes. Classical beauty? I don't think so :D Saturn dampens the whole thing, but gave me great bone structure. Pluto in 1st, opposite my stellium in the 7th, penetrating gaze and magnetic personality, but also a strong nose :)

So, my guess is it depends on the planets that are in the 1st house, especially those conjunct the ascendant, and also the ruler of the ascendant and it's aspects.

its true that usually Saturn gives a good/nice bone structure .

PlayItAgainSam

Hi!

According to this thread I should be one sexy mama... I'm not!

I have:

Venus trine Ascendant (coming from 8th house)
Pluto sextile Venus and Ascendant
Neptune Conjunct Ascendant
Mars conjunct Ascendant
Venus Trine Mars

I'm considered average.

Mod!

I have found that a balance of elements when it comes to the asc and it's aspects makes one attractive...

Well..i think somehow you are different and look different +sexy as well.
Dont be too stuck on considerations :)

p.s.:i am straight..just painter,so i see beauty easier...lol :D

Claire19

Arian Maverick
I agree that any ascendant can be beautiful and its aspects give the fuller picture. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder in any event.
Scorpio can give a hooked narrow appearance and dark like the hawk with dark secretive eyes and heavy brow, better suited to a male I would suggest. If Venus is in the 1st this is a major influence for beauty for women and pleasantness and wish for accord in both sexes.

Claire19

Venus as ruler of your ascendant is the main influence along with its aspects. Mars Neptune conjunction supposed to be magnetic and appealing. I have it but in the 8th house Libra. We often dont see what others do......

There is no one combination for physical appeal.

Claire19

I also find that Venus conjunct the Sun can giving attractive looks, as well as Venus conjunct the ASC ruler.

I also agree that a Scorpio ASC have an alluring quality and usually a lot of sex appeal. And yes, they always seem to have very penetrating eyes. LOL!
I agree in general. :smile: Taurus can have wonderful hair but rather a heavy rounded look sometimes.

vanila

Hi ya,

I agree with Venus trine ASC...I have it:biggrin: but :venus::opposition: my ASC ruler?
and also ASC ruler :saturn::sextile: ASC....mmm :)

If ASC ruler is in other sign is it true that the ruler will add some of the characteristics of the sign that it is in....
for example: Jupiter as ruler of the ASC in Aries...will this add some arien characteristics to the look af the person...?

:)

Caro

My niece has libra rising and she is very pretty but then I am her auntie.

I met a guy once who was scorpio rising with venus, sun and some other planet in scorpio. he was very good looking, sexy and a bit scarey!!!!! I was impressed that he knew his astrology. He and his scorpio friend were thinking of setting up a group for 'lost scorpios' He was definitely the type you would notice across a room.

however I also have a friend who is sagi rising with a loaded first house and he is also handsome but much more laid back.

i agree it is in the eye of beholder.

Aruilly

LOL, I think Venus trine ascendant makes one more pleasant, charming personality or something along those lines. I have Venus trine ASC and I'm not physically attractive at all.

For beauty, I say having Venus in the 1st making a conjunction to the ASC is almost a guarantee that the person will be attractive. For sexiness, I'd say Venus in any aspect to Pluto is a good sign actually. A good bunch of sexy celebs have this ones.

teena

Hmm..interesting, have a few questions though.
I have an aquarius rising with 3 planets in my 1st house (sun conjunct moon in pisces, and mercury in aries). But my sun conjunct moon in the 1st house are in the intercepted sign pisces...so does sun and moon still have an effect on my appearance? maybe to a lesser extent coz they're intercepted? (I don't know how planets in the 1st house can contribute to the appearance so I can't really look at myself and decide xD )

Also, do aspects to planets in the 1st house but not on ascendant still have an effect on appearance?