Help me understand my Ascendant?

Starsareround

astro_w2gw_xxxxx.75972.77939.png

Okay okay I am a Virgo rising. I also have a lot going on near the Ascendant which I know is going to create complexity. The problem is I really don't see how I'm a Virgo rising. I believe my Moon being Parallel to my Ascendant is a huge influence. I know how to disarm people and I actually have to do that all day long in my career. I am emotional, really emotional. I am told that I read in turns as intimidatingly smart and/or very "disarming" and warm. I have had weird hormone issues at different times in my life that have lead me to gain ridiculous amounts of weight (surrounding pregnancy and birth, but still HUGE amounts of weight) I am also able to lose weight very easily and am generally slim but it's only because I've been able to learn from the ebb and flow of my hormonal changes and signals and because I am vegan and love to exercise. I've always had really wonderful women friends who I form very engaged friendships with and with whom I exchange a lot of mutual emotional support. Being a mother is basically everything to me, and I'd give my life without a thought for my kids, and we spend a lot of time together and are very close. My career is very feminine and creative (but I also work in the sciences, in a lab. As I like to say, it's where art meets science), I identify as "femme" in that I love being a lot of things that are seen as traditionally femme. I'm not organized, I've always taken a lot of risks in life and lived in several different countries and kind of blazed my path and created my career. So where is this Virgo, I ask??

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Virgo is feminine, yin energy as earth; it is mutable changing energy like the moon.
Mythological Virgo was chief Vestal (Virgo Vestalis Maxima or Vestalium Maxima, "greatest of the Vestals") and oversaw the efforts of the Vestals, priestesses of Vesta, goddess of the hearth. Virgo is proud, committed keeper of the hearth and home. It sounds like you manifest Virgo rising in a very archetypal and lovely way.

Starsareround

Thank you, Ilenek

I guess I don't really understand Virgo. What you wrote really opened my eyes. I relate to the gentle energy but also the bold creative energy that I also feel and that is evident in my chart. My main mission in life is to nurture my family though, so that brings me back to exactly what you wrote, Thank you!

IleneK

Premium Member
Thank you, Ilenek

I guess I don't really understand Virgo. What you wrote really opened my eyes. I relate to the gentle energy but also the bold creative energy that I also feel and that is evident in my chart. My main mission in life is to nurture my family though, so that brings me back to exactly what you wrote, Thank you!

You are very welcome, SAA.

From a modern astrology viewpoint, your rising point is the lens through with you see the world, and also the way you are seen. As I am sure you know, much of what you say in your original post is also attributable to the various planets in your chart, not only your rising sign.

Very smart is Mercury in its dignity/exaltation both ruling and conjunct the ascendant. A very strong force.
Exalted Jupiter sextile the ascendant, allows very warm, beneficent energy to flow directly through the rising point as well. Moon in Leo, also very warm and generous and often disarmingly so. Moon in the 12th gives you less conscious connection to its effect and flow in your life, but others feel it clearly.

These are just a few examples of how the points in your chart account for parts of what you and others describe of you. Virgo rising is a key part of that, but the planets play an important role as well.