Should I go to business school?

I am considering business school but not sure if I will do well or if it's worthwhile. Background: i have been working random jobs. I'm in my late twenties and feel like I need to make something happen. I think business school would give me a wide set of tools and is good for job prospects. I also like finance.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Attachments

• business school horarychart.jpg
    business school horarychart.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 38

waybread

By "business school," are you thinking something like a university degree or MBA? Or some short courses: for example, in office computing skills?

I don't get that this is the right time. Having said that, you could probably do some short courses or a workshop in your chosen business area, for example, at a local community college, and see how you get on. Or apply for a job in a type of business that appeals to you-- but stick with it.

You are ruled by Venus, in detriment in Scorpio. Neither it or the moon apply to Saturn, the 9th house ruler. The moon in the 12th house together with Chiron makes me wonder how clear and affirmative your motives are. Maybe you are struggling with some major personal issues, and hope more education would make you feel better about yourself. (No, I'm not being disrespectful here, just trying to make sense of the chart.)

Generally that's not a sufficient motive to pursue a demanding course of study.

Can you rate your study skills? Do you have the ability to stick to a goal once you've undertaken it? Uranus in the first house suggests some volatility here.

Note that a "no" in a horary question does not mean "never." It just suggests that now is not a good time.

(And I'd be happy to be proved wrong, if you applied for a business program and did really well at it. I'm fallible.)

I have been studying the gmat and it's been helpful for basic reading and writing and building discipline and study skills which I struggle a lot with. I think your reading describes how I feel and I agree with what you're saying. Maybe an mba is the long term goal but for now I need to stick with something Thank you waybread for your answer and advice:smile: