USA Mercury Sun Transits of the 1950's

piercethevale

Greetings.
Because of my recent involvement with answering another members' question [see "What Am I Tapping Into" in the Spiritual Astrology sub-forum] I became again interested in the subject of Venus Sun conjunctions. Continuing on, yesterday, with a little research for my own edification I came across some tables issued by NASA on transits of Venus to the Sun.
Now conjunctions are one this as it just means that two objects are in the exact same degree of the Zodiac down to minutes and seconds of that degree as well. Transits however are that too but they are also when that object "transits" across the face of the Sun as observed from Earth

...and just now a friend sent me a message via facebook and asked me if I still wanted a ride to a destination...and as my truck is not running presently...hence why I do need this ride... and as I sent him a message via facebook explaining what this astrological find I want to post about is...
I'm just going to copy and paste what I just sent to my friend, and be back later this evening, or tomorrow, to follow up on it. I'll include here,-in this post, the two charts for the events of Mercury transit the Sun on November 14, 1953 and the one for the same on May 5, 1957, as I do want to share this with you all and figure that one, or more, of you will want to make some analyses of your own... better now than later, as later is never assured, ...ya know?:unsure:

Copied and pasted as follows:

It's a subject of astronomy that I never paid much of any attention to before..Transits of Venus and Mercury to the Sun...a bit different than conjunctions, but they're also conjunctions.

It's when they also appear to be travelling across the face of the Sun.

Venus only does that about every 125 years while Mercury does it a bit more often.

Most of the time Venus does it twice within 8 years and then not again for that 125 year period. We had one in 2004 and 2012...and Venus did it to Mitch's [name change for reasons of privacy. "Mitch" is in my book] natal Sun and Mercury back then...and to a critical point on my chart as well.

Mercury did it in 1953, in November and then again on May 5, 1957...the day before my birthday and affected my natal Sun and descendant. Then I thought that I'd make the same transit charts for the nation and... whoo boy... what came up is a big WOW

The Ascendant for the event in 53 became the Part of Fortune for the event in '57...and this is unique to the US...as it is cast for Philadelphia...and that is the 9th degree of Aquarius and the Sabian Symbol is... check this out...

[from Dane Rudhyar's book on the Sabian Symbols, "An Astrological Mandala"]

"AQUARIUS 9°: A FLAG IS SEEN TURNING INTO AN EAGLE.

KEYNOTE:
The dynamic incorporation of new social values in individuals who exemplify the spiritual potential and greatest significance of these values.

This symbol nearly duplicates the one for Sagittarius 12°, but in this five-fold sequence it has a somewhat different meaning — especially since the last term of the mysterious transformation (i.e. the crowing of the eagle in chanticleer's fashion) is omitted. All that is implied here is the vitalization of a powerful symbol, its embodiment in a living reality, i.e. in a person able to fly in consciousness to the highest spiritual realm. The archetype is given living substance and wings. The Image has become a Power.
This fourth stage symbol, as usual, gives us a technical suggestion. To 'see' the new archetype, to perceive the new standard of value with one's mind is not enough. The seer must become the doer. The impersonal is dynamized and brought into focus. We have here the
ACTING OUT of the vision
"

...and the symbol for my natal Saturn is: [ibid.]
"LIBRA 23°: CHANTICLEER'S VOICE HERALDS SUNRISE."

end of message.

I did generalize the frequency of the Venus Sun conjs. as they happen at two different intervals, one being apprx. 125 years apart. They actually occur in intervals of 105.5 years and 121.5 years and and that is added to the 8 year interval between these paired up transits. There are some years when it was only one transit, as Venus didn't quite cross the face of the Sun and interestingly there was a long stretch of time when that occurred repeatedly that began at the end of the one in 540 B.C. [or B.C.E. for those that prefer] and continued to do so until 789 A.D. [or C.E. for those that prefer] which is "The Dark Ages, by the account of many historians, [and the apprx end of the Kali Yuga, by Sri Yukteswar's estimation in His book, "The Holy Science" 1890, which, by the way, was a book ahead of its time as in it Sri Yukteswar expounds on atomic structure some years before scientists made their own discovery of the same.] The Venus Sun conj. was singular again in 910 A.d. paired up again in 1032 A.D. and 1040 A.D., was singular again in 1153 A.D. and there were pairings in 1275 A.D. and 1283 A.D., a singular in 1396 A.D., but they have been paired up ever since the pairings in 1518 A.D. and 1526 A.D.

As you all can easily see that the Nazarene, of such spiritual and historical note, having been born in the middle of that long stretch might then provide a clue to the answer as to "why".
Those NASA tables for Venus Sun Transits, for 6,000 years, from 2000 B.C. to 4000 A.D. can be found here:
https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/transit/catalog/VenusCatalog.html

Those for the Mercury Sun Transits, for 700 years, from 1600 A.D. to 2300 A.D., can be found at this link:
https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/transit/catalog/MercuryCatalog.html

The event chart for the USA on November, 14, 1953, or 11/14/53 at 9:14:53 [did you all notice the coincidence in the numbers 14 and 53? ...kinda weird, huh? ]

usa-mercury-conj-sun-transit-11-14-1953.png

The event chart for the USA on May 5, 1957 [which just happened to be the day before my 4th birthday and occurred in the 16th degree of Taurus, while my natal Sun is in the 17th degree and my natal Desc. is in the 18th degree of Taurus... and I'd add the same observation as that I did above, but you all know me to always having something weird going on with my natal chart...and for those of you that don't... well, welcome to the weird world of Dave, aka piercethevale. Please buckle your seat belt and keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times until the ride has come to a complete stop. ... and thanks for flying the celestial skies with Trans-Weird Skylines. :alien:]

usa-mercury-conj-sun-transi-5-5-1957.png

Oh, and I already noticed that the South Node, at 26° Cancer 14' 37" for the event on November 14, 1953 was conj. the USA's natal Mercury adjusted for the Sidereal precession that amounted to almost precisely of + 02° 27' 09" on that date, which places the conjunction point for transiting influences to the USA's natal Mercury then at 26° Cancer 57' 44". Also the USA's Natal S. Node at 06° Aqua. 36' 08" adjusted for Sidereal precession was at that time at 09° Aqua. 03' 17" and conjunct by less than a one deg. orb to the event charts' Asc. at 08° Aquar. 46' 05", not to mention the position of Jupiter during the event was conj the non sidereal adj. position of the USA's natal Part of Imprisonment which for the 25th degree of Gemini is about, essentially, about "bare essentials", trimming away to just what is needed to survive and no more...and the Part of Imprisonment is that which one cannot embrace, and as we Americans are undeniably known for our excessive wants, and that being right when the USA was in it's prime of providing just that...as it is president Eisenhower that is given credit, by many a historian, for creating the "middle class" in the United States... well, do I need to say more?

Yeah I do but that'll have to wait until later.

Last edited:

piercethevale

You may note too that The Asc. in the event chart for 1953 in the 9th degree of Aquarius and that the Part of Fortune for the event chart of 1957 is in the same Sign and degree. also note the position of th Sun and Mercury in the event of 1953 are in the 23rd degree of Scorpio and that the event chart of 1957 has as its Asc. the same Sign and degree.
Interesting, eh?

I wanted to hold off writing this follow up post as I wanted to study the two charts some more before I did, but I've already waited a bit too long to do so and besides I have another observation I found that I want to share and felt that it is best to get this circulating to let ll of you noodle with it.

As these inferior conjunctions are as like eclipses and eclipses often being notable for the areas on the earth that the eclipse is fully seen, I thought that it would be interesting to see if there might be something similar in that effect too.
What I did was turned these charts into personalized charts s as to utilize astrodiensts astrocartography app, the one they call the Astro-click Travel available as one of their horoscope services that are free of charge.
What I found for the event of 1957 I think is rather interesting.

Here's a screen-shot [or screen-snip, as windows calls it] of the area in the Pacific Ocean where the Mercury MC line reaches its Zenith, the light green coloured, circular, spot. It is just a few miles from Bikini Atoll where the USA was doing a lot of nuclear weapon testing from 1946 to 1958. That is until the year following this Mercury Sun conj. In fact I think there was just one that followed this conjunction/transit of Mercury with the Sun.

Bikini Atoll is aprx. right at the top of the letter "I", in Islands" is on the map
Just an odd coincidence or...?
USA-screen-shot-of-astrocartography-for-Mercury-Sun-transit-of-5-5-1957.png

JUPITERASC

:unsure:

Copied and pasted as follows:

It's a subject of astronomy that I never paid much of any attention to before..Transits of Venus and Mercury to the Sun...a bit different than conjunctions, but they're also conjunctions.

It's when they also appear to be travelling across the face of the Sun.
Venus only does that about every 125 years while Mercury does it a bit more often.

Most of the time Venus does it twice within 8 years and then not again for that 125 year period. We had one in 2004 and 2012...and Venus did it to Mitch's [name change for reasons of privacy. "Mitch" is in my book] natal Sun and Mercury back then...and to a critical point on my chart as well.

Mercury did it in 1953, in November and then again on May 5, 1957...the day before my birthday and affected my natal Sun and descendant. Then I thought that I'd make the same transit charts for the nation and... whoo boy... what came up is a big WOW

The Ascendant for the event in 53 became the Part of Fortune for the event in '57...and this is unique to the US...as it is cast for Philadelphia...and that is the 9th degree of Aquarius and the Sabian Symbol is... check this out...
[from Dane Rudhyar's book on the Sabian Symbols, "An Astrological Mandala"]
1677969090481.png