Masculine/Feminine Polarity? Cancer/Capricorn

lazarusx

Masculine/Feminine Polarity? Capricorn/Cancer

Hello all :)

I'm trying to understand the polarity between the mother/father or child/parent archetypes within my natal chart. As i understand it Cancer commonly represents the mother archetype and Capricorn the father.

I have forever been in conflict with these two archetypes; I have a Sun in Cancer which is in opposition to Uranus,Saturn and Neptune in Capricorn.

I often find myself attracted to independent/powerful women.. two of my ex's have been Capricorn Suns. I feel as though im seeking out the qualities of Capricorn through my partners; however there are occasions where i myself take on those qualities.

I struggle with establishing myself, career and work. Im rather prone to escapism and avoiding responsibility where i can, but every now and then i enjoy the responsibility and the undeterred commitment towards a goal.

Im confused with how these energies are operating, am i swinging back and fourth between this opposition? There are times where i feel like an absolute child, and others where i feel like a responsible adult. I think a part of me is desperate for structure and stability, and i tend to seek that how in my partners.

This is my chart:

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    60 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Quixotic

Hi! There are a couple points that I'll try to go through, cause you've got a lot going on in this chart! I reuploaded your chart with an orb fact of 85%, it gives us tighter aspects, ruling out the ones that are out of orb and have little to no effect. So looking at your chart, there are some main aspects that are sort of a "ruling" theme. The big one is the Sun opposition Saturn aspect, it can leave the native feeling blocked or thwarted during the first part of their lives. It makes them their own biggest critic, often times saying things like "I shouldn't" or "Can't". A lot of the time, oppositions play out between people, so I wouldn't be surprised if you had issues with authority figures, or even your own father, or father figures in your life. Another point that Saturn is touching is your chiron, the asteroid of pain, in the 2nd house of self worth. This will have a huge effect on how you view yourself and your own worth and the worth of what you put out into the world. Your wounds are directly related to your ego, seeing that Chiron and your sun are in a tight conjunction. This all will effect how you work and what you do for work as well.

I can also see how theres somewhat of a duality that maybe enhancing how you feel about the tug of war of energy between Cap / Cancer, You have a Gemini moon. The moon is very uncomfortable in Gemini, the duality is too quick and fleeting. That energy could be adding to the pressure that your sun feels from the opposition with Saturn.

Now onto the women you're attracted to, often times we draw in the people that we have something to learn from. You said that you've been drawing Capricorn women, it could be that you're supposed to learn some Saturnian ways from them, seeing that Saturn rules capricorn. But also, your descendant lands in Sagittarius, and often times they are very independent and free spirited, explains the attraction to that. You're also drawn to more firey types in general seeing that your mars and venus are in Leo.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• astro_2gw_84_scott.58816.27461.jpg
    astro_2gw_84_scott.58816.27461.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 15

lazarusx

Sorry for my late reply, i've been caught up with work.

First of all, thankyou for such a detailed response and taking the time to respond, i really appreciate it!

Hi! There are a couple points that I'll try to go through, cause you've got a lot going on in this chart! I reuploaded your chart with an orb fact of 85%, it gives us tighter aspects, ruling out the ones that are out of orb and have little to no effect. So looking at your chart, there are some main aspects that are sort of a "ruling" theme. The big one is the Sun opposition Saturn aspect, it can leave the native feeling blocked or thwarted during the first part of their lives. It makes them their own biggest critic, often times saying things like "I shouldn't" or "Can't". A lot of the time, oppositions play out between people, so I wouldn't be surprised if you had issues with authority figures, or even your own father, or father figures in your life.

Yeah, i've become very accustomed to this aspect in my chart.. i've seen it play out between my father and authority figures throughout growing up, i have felt restricted in my abilities and thwarted with my will power to make change.. i spent most of my teenage years hiding away from the world.. thankfully though this has begun to change as my Sun as progressed into Leo, there's more action and assertiveness happening.

Another point that Saturn is touching is your chiron, the asteroid of pain, in the 2nd house of self worth. This will have a huge effect on how you view yourself and your own worth and the worth of what you put out into the world. Your wounds are directly related to your ego, seeing that Chiron and your sun are in a tight conjunction. This all will effect how you work and what you do for work as well.

This has been the 'centerpeice' of my entire life. My whole world, reality and attitude revolves around my sense of self-worth.. it tires me out at times, because i feel like im in a constant battle to prove my own sense of self-worth to myself. I take any failure extremely hard.

I can also see how theres somewhat of a duality that maybe enhancing how you feel about the tug of war of energy between Cap / Cancer, You have a Gemini moon. The moon is very uncomfortable in Gemini, the duality is too quick and fleeting. That energy could be adding to the pressure that your sun feels from the opposition with Saturn.

This makes sense, i hadn't thought of it from the perspective of my moon's placement.

Now onto the women you're attracted to, often times we draw in the people that we have something to learn from. You said that you've been drawing Capricorn women, it could be that you're supposed to learn some Saturnian ways from them, seeing that Saturn rules capricorn. But also, your descendant lands in Sagittarius, and often times they are very independent and free spirited, explains the attraction to that. You're also drawn to more firey types in general seeing that your mars and venus are in Leo.

Thanks for clarifying here.. i completely forgot about my descendant and the fact that it's in a fire sign; so that independence is probably a huge attraction for me. It seems strange in my mind, that im attracted to fiery type's of women when my Sun is in a water Sign; how that could work out as a relationship is beyond me.. but then, I do have more Air and Fire then Water.

I think your on the mark with needing to learn Saturnian ways from the women im drawn towards.. they seem to provide that solid sense of reality and structure that i lack.. which is unbelievably confusing when you bring traditional gender roles into the picture..

Anyhow, thanks once again for the interpretation. I'll have another look through with a fresh perspective.

:)