Elon Musk says he will have chip implants in our brain to listen to music!

Bunraku

We're all living in a halodeck with the safety protocols turned off. It's a manufactured version of real life.

I looked it up and it’s literally just a sci-fi version of communism. Like in north korea you’re only allowed to do or say one thing.

Or christians basically, the more devout they are in their communities the more they enforce these weird rules like only wearing certain types of underwear or have that weird plastic smile.

it seems to have creped into astrology somehow too. how pisces means to connect to one source and you need to be a part of it and erase your individual identity/ego :sick:

Bunraku

What's good about that? Where is the privacy for people?

What privacy? If people truly cared about it, they wouldn’t have allowed companies to gather sell and use their data.

Governments have all of your information and are freely allowed to gather info about you.

Privacy is an ancient and archaic concept.

waybread

you guys are just conspiracy theorists . None of these have any basis in reality and Star Trek is not a credible news source

It's an in-joke, Bunraku. Nobody claims that Star Trek is a credible news source. But it is full of metaphors that are widespread in our culture.

No conspiracy theory: just sensible questions and precautions.

Bunraku

This technology is not benign.

Nobody knows what it will do to your brain chemically or physically. Brains are not even fully developed prior to the age of 25.

It is a way to monetize your brain even more so than electronic devices monetize your eyes-- for someone else's profit.

That’s just an average. Some people’s brains develop quicker some later . It’s not like your brain fuses the midnight of your 25th birthday.

Bunraku

It's an in-joke, Bunraku. Nobody claims that Star Trek is a credible news source. But it is full of metaphors that are widespread in our culture.

No conspiracy theory: just sensible questions and precautions.

I think it’s just people’s addiction to fear in the internet age where the constant stream of doom and gloom articles can satisfy it. If people truly cared about privacy or having an out of control one world government, they would’ve made precautions. But reality is that many people freely sign up for their information to be taken away (see facebook and cambridge analytica).

waybread

I think it’s just people’s addiction to fear in the internet age where the constant stream of doom and gloom articles can satisfy it. If people truly cared about privacy or having an out of control one world government, they would’ve made precautions. But reality is that many people freely sign up for their information to be taken away (see facebook and cambridge analytica).

I dropped my Facebook account. I am on no social media.

I am a big privacy wonk.

Just say no.

Bunraku

I dropped my Facebook account. I am on no social media.

I am a big privacy wonk.

Just say no.

Waybread, these companies have theoretical profiles of you based on your browsing history. And what they have of you based on it, and its computer algorithms, it’s probably pretty accurate in predicting your behavior, and what you’re likely to do next.

waybread

Maybe, but why are our bodies non-sequiturs? Our experiences after having medical procedures done to us are valid pieces of data.

So you are saying vaccines are bad for you?

Say what???

Seriously, Bunraku, your logic is deeply. flawed. Do you know what a non sequitur is?

Where did I mention anything about vaccines????

waybread

Waybread, these companies have theoretical profiles of you based on your browsing history. And what they have of you based on it, and its computer algorithms, it’s probably pretty accurate in predicting your behavior, and what you’re likely to do next.

Since I have no social media accounts, serious ad blockers, and spam filters, I don't get a lot of attempts to monetize my eyeballs.

But yes, they're out there.

But this doesn't justify approval of getting microchips in your brain for a wealthy man's commercial purposes.

Bunraku

Say what???

Seriously, Bunraku, your logic is deeply. flawed. Do you know what a non sequitur is?

Where did I mention anything about vaccines????

It was in response to someone saying they will not like this microchip in them because it is similar to vaccines.

Bunraku

Since I have no social media accounts, serious ad blockers, and spam filters, I don't get a lot of attempts to monetize my eyeballs.

But yes, they're out there.

But this doesn't justify approval of getting microchips in your brain for a wealthy man's commercial purposes.

Capitalism drives inventions. Waybread, wouldn’t you want to post on AW and have a super processor in your brain to instantaneously save and create charts and know all planetary placements based on any particular moment if you just think about it? :)

david starling

I looked it up and it’s literally just a sci-fi version of communism. Like in north korea you’re only allowed to do or say one thing.

Or christians basically, the more devout they are in their communities the more they enforce these weird rules like only wearing certain types of underwear or have that weird plastic smile.

it seems to have creped into astrology somehow too. how pisces means to connect to one source and you need to be a part of it and erase your individual identity/ego :sick:

That's a Buddhist concept, often described as a drop of water returning to the ocean.

Bunraku

That's a Buddhist concept, often described as a drop of water returning to the ocean.

What type of buddhism?

Add that to the borg death cult then. They starve themselves and punish themselves and act like it’s some sort of enlightenment. I saw an the ideal was to turn into a living mummy.

I don’t think buddhism is any more peaceful than other religions, they actively kill and slaughter their oppositions.

david starling

What type of buddhism?

Add that to the borg death cult then. They starve themselves and punish themselves and act like it’s some sort of enlightenment. I saw an the ideal was to turn into a living mummy.

I don’t think buddhism is any more peaceful than other religions, they actively kill and slaughter their oppositions.

It's basic to Zen Buddhism.

Bunraku

If you pay attention closely nirvana means to "blow out” as in blowing out a candle and snuffing out a flame. It’s lights out!
Why would you want to cease to exist and become nothing. This is the 2nd death that the egyptians warned about. The alligator representing the forces of nature annihilating you. Horrifying!!

The Ancient Egyptians also hoped that these spells might prevent a person from dying a “second death”, from which there was no return. At the end of their journey, the Dead were judged in the presence of Osiris, god of the Underworld. The deceased would claim that they were not guilty of any crimes, and hoped that their heart would not betray them when weighed.

Anubis would weigh the heart against the feather of Ma’at, representing balance and truth. If the heart was heavier than the feather, it would be devoured by Ammut and the deceased would die a second death.

https://garstangmuseum.wordpress.com/2017/05/03/death-in-ancient-egypt-the-book-of-the-dead/