grand trines

flea

I am wondering about the water trine. It can be a difficult one to have. Not because of the grand trine itself, but maybe becasue of a general attitude to emotion in society. It is often seen as a good thing to supress emotion and is often understood. The grand trine itself I believe give rise to empathy where the recipient is conscious of other peoples emotions within themselves. So confusion arises whether this is my feeling or someone elses. There is no common attitude or knowing about this so it often goes undectected adn therefore remains a source of confusion to those with a grand trine.

I have moon, neptune, and chiron/saturn in a water Grand trine. I am emotionally sensitive, which was supressed over time. People did not want to see my emotions expressed, it was not enforced as encouraged behaviour so it went underground this well of emotions within unsettling. When they become expressed you can start to work out what they are and where they came from. I use art to consciously process through all i feel and that has led to greater happiness within myself. I also note that my sensitivity to others emotions are not shared by many people.

Maybe I see it through the generations too, in my mother and grandmother (both GWT). So I see the transfering of attitudes over the generations.

I cry easily and feel a negative energy in a room (shouting etc) within my body as extreme tension. That is not easily accepted or understood in everyday life while you are working by many people, it is seen as a fault or a weakness by many.

I must say that I have a great respect for my reactions now, but am unsure as to what value they can be in the collective.

Love Light and Peace
Flea

I have often wondered about the grand water trine in my chart. I have Neptune 8 Scorpio H4, Chiron in 6 Pisces H8, and Mercury 9 Cancer H12. I don't see myself as particularly emotional, however I do see that I react emotionally to others pain and their suffering. I tend to be overly empathetic, but something allows me to let it wash over me and not latch on to my personage.

I think with the water trine there may be a particular sensitivity to psychic impressions or prophetic dreams, or maybe call it intuition. But, most of the time other people seek me out for that kind of information, but I feel I lack the ability to give it to them. But, when I do give in to others needs for psychic impressions I am right on the mark. I can't even begin to tell you the number of dreams that I have had that turn out to be prophetic or at the very least symbolic of something about to happen. I think perhaps the fact that Neptune is involved in the trine makes me hesitant to share impressions with people because I tend to think I'm "making things up" or "imagining" things. So even though the information readily flows through the trine - I have trouble believing in it enough to do anything about it.

My GWT is also part of a "kite" configuration with a sextile from Mercury in 12 to Venus in 10 and from Chiron in 8th to Venus in 10th. Seems like I am supposed to take this information out into the world or to the public in some way. And, as a matter of fact, I own a metaphsyical bookstore which puts me right into that world!

I also wonder if this GWT keeps me from allowing others to read me. I have attempted many times to have a reading of sorts, but I seem to block them from getting or receiving any information - although I don't believe I do this consciously.

Anyone else have any experience with psychic ability or intuition with a GWT?

Spin

I agree, Flea, the sensitivity of a water grand trine can be painful. It's overwhelming to be so receptive. But I think the emotional suppression you mentioned several times is probably attributable to Saturn in a water sign.

Saturn represents structure and water is free flowing so you can see the incompatibility. Saturn dams the emotions. Maybe a water sign Saturn indicates the need to develop emotional discipline, to funnel feelings into specific areas rather than spew all over. Maybe, since Saturn is the natural ruler of the 10th, the emotions can be focused/expressed through career.

flea

Yes I can see that Spin, as saturn is close to chiron, also indicates a need for healing stuff. Saturn I think is helpful in my creative, arty side which pops into my career now and then, which is when i am at my happiest. What do you feel about society's attitude to the emotional life??

Janorama, I do have intuitive responses to things even the most mundane. I kind of feel my way through things and then find out why along the way. I have neptune and chiron in the same signs as you but with trines to the moon in cancer

Love Light and peace
Flea

Last edited:

Spin

flea said:
What do you feel about society's attitude to the emotional life??
The only society I'm familiar with is here in the US, and I'd say water is the least valued of all the elements. And it's certainly the most difficult to live with, especially in the frenetic, heavily populated 21st century. Being highly receptive, the water person needs solitude, just as an escape from the barrage of stimuli.

I don't have a water grand trine but definitely a strong influence in the element--Sun, Mercury, Mars in Pisces and Jupiter in Scorpio. And those planets include the rulers of my Asc and IC. I've found as I get older I've become even more reclusive. Like you, I tend to soak up the energy of those around me like a sponge. But I've never had people or situations discourage me from expressing my emotions. That disparity between us is probably connected to our different water planets--and other influences in our chart. As I mentioned in an earlier post, those suppressive experiences may reflect Saturn in water. You probably wouldn't have them if Venus was there instead. Saturn symbolizes discipline so emotion is the area it affects.

What planets were involved in your mother and grandmother's water grand trine? Was Saturn connected, either in the configuration or maybe opposition to one of the points?

Last edited:

Pisceanfool

janorama2001 said:
I also wonder if this GWT keeps me from allowing others to read me. I have attempted many times to have a reading of sorts, but I seem to block them from getting or receiving any information - although I don't believe I do this consciously.

Anyone else have any experience with psychic ability or intuition with a GWT?

Yes, this has been the case for me. My freind with moon/neptune conj says i am different then anyone else hes met, i somehow block him out. Same as my Indigo freind, says he cant get anything clear like he usually gets as a "vibe". I wonder if this protects us from not so positive energies and beings. I got true lilith 27 cancer, pallas/MC 29/2 scorpio/sag respectivly, moon/jupiter 29 pisces, in trine. Still can't figure exactly what this trine means, i also have my 27 cap venus making a kite... i am still discovering my ablilties, kinda crazy at first... at least for me. I get alot of seemingly random info and kinda like psychic noise. Moon widely squares neptune...

I think the reason your not really emotional is your moon is not involved in the trine like flea and I. Good thing i got my venus in cap to hlp steady the gush of emotion. ;)

flea

Hi Spin,

My gran had GT with venus mars and neptune. My has the CT between moon jupiter and and pluto. My dad also has a GT but in air with saturn, jupiter and the moon. That is more probably the link. I have a lot of strong links with my dad, such as moon conjunct my jupiter and his venus/NN conjunct my MC. His sun is also on my sun/moon midpoint. His pisces merc is conj my saturn.

Maybe we are here to learn different things about the water element, with sun merc mars in pisces it is important for the experience to be immediate and everyday. I experience society's lack of connection with the water element strongly with sat in pisces in the 10th, combined with feeling being a strong part of my makeup, this is an intense part of the journey for me. Something I am good at working through.

Love Light and Peace
Flea

Spin

I agree, Pisceanfool, both your & Flea's water moons express emotion more easily. My water planets all rule fire signs (well, Jupiter is supposed to co-rule Pisces but I don't see it). I think I'm developing sensitivity, empathy, compassion through life's lessons.

Flea, thanks for the interesting description of Saturn in Pisces. That placement has always been a blind spot for me. I'd love to hear any other reflections on that placement. Seems your water emphasis and the strength of Saturn in your chart should make you perceptive in that area.

pearlized

Hard aspects are imperative in a chart that contains a GT, in my mind it gives me a "kick" on the bottom to get things going.
I have two which are also kites, one in Air and one in Fire. The main players are an Venus/Pluto opposition. Believe me i know about hard times! Nothing in life has been given to me. Have had some lucky breaks where i was in the right place at the right time but usually this was after long cycles of workng hard and honestly not knowing if i would ever see an reward.

Traveler

The problem with isolating any configuration out of a chart is that nothing in the chart functions in a vacuum. Without knowing what other aspects connect to the grand trine, you can't really know how it's going to operate for that person.

I've seen grand trines work to bring out great talent,etc., and I've seen them languish. What makes the difference are the other aspects to that grand trine -- not to mention active transits, progessions, and solar arcs. I have found that too many positive aspects can mean that life just goes along without much change or growth. Conversely, I've seen lots of charts with primarily challenging aspects where the individual is forced to grow whether they like it or not.

Hi All,

This my first day on this site.

I wanted to comment on Grand Trines because I have a Grand Trine in water that involves Neptune, Sat/Moon, Sun/Mercury. I am far from lazy and in fact, I work too hard. My lesson seems to be to let go and engage in the flow.

I have also been attracted to careers and hobbies related to the water element and especially Neptune and Mercury.

peace,

Star Power

Spin

Hi Star Power,

Saturn usually indicates hard work whatever the aspect. But in a grand trine I'd think you would be compensated for your hard work unless there are conflicting indicators, such as Venus square Saturn or maybe Saturn in difficult aspect to your 2nd or 10th.

Planets in a grand trine show how it will manifest. If you had Jupiter or Uranus instead of Saturn in the configuration you probably wouldn't be motivated to work as hard.

Hi Spin,

Well it turns out that old Saturn is challenged in my 2nd house. Saturn conjuncts N Moon by one degree, squares Mars (Gem/5th house), and opposes Uranus conjunct Pluto.

And with all of that you would think, hmmm, this person probably gets depressed easily. And that is the case. I have also had to deal with my own and other people's control issues, especially in regard to the arts (5th house). And I am hoping to experience a second childhood sometime later in life. I would like to have fun at some point.

The good news is that I am willing to put in the effort on my spiritual/life path. I am willing to take responsibility for myself, my feelings, my actions, and my thoughts. This has not been an easy course, but obviously with those above the transits, the most sane course.

Oh, and people are always telling me to lighten up. If only they knew!

blessings,

Star Power

Natasha

Indeed a grand trine in a chart which has some challening aspects with Saturn to the personal planets, could be able to make the best of a challanging situation
I have seen grand trines in a charts of drug users & unemployed people but they didnt have many 'challanging' aspects with Saturn
As of course as must not forget its how the individual applies the chart -

some people make the best of a difficult chart & turn problems into positive learning experiances whilst others with similar charts will just develop a chip on their shoulder & see how its everyone elses fault.

But overall I have noticed that many grand trines are wasted & the person has a 'world owes' me a living.
I have seen expections to this but there are usually some challanging aspects to personal planets as well as the grand trine.

So in summary I feel grand trines do deserve the wasteful & lazy world owes me a living reputation but its not always the case by far.

Spin

>I am willing to take responsibility for myself, my feelings, my actions, and my thoughts.

What a Saturnian statement--yup, I can see it's influence in your grand trine. And I can also understand your tendency for depression, a common trait when Saturn and the Moon are conjoined. My similar conjunction is in Leo, the planets are 22 degrees apart and in different houses but the depressive tendencies are still there.

After writing the first reply to you, I saw your chart in the forum, posted with another question. And I felt immediate sympathy because of the difficult transits from Saturn. This must be a challenging and lonely time for you. Well, you've come the right astrology site because, if I remember correctly, the chart for this forum has important planets in both early Pisces and Gemini, conjunct your natals.

Transiting Saturn is aspecting my Pisces Mars, Sun, Mercury and Gemini Asc so I know what you're feeling.

Hi Again, Spin,

Thanks for your insights.

You must feel wiped out after Saturn's excursion through Leo! That one was pretty easy for me except that Saturn has been in my 8th house and will continue to do so through it's Virgo journey.

And you are right about this site. It does feel like home to me. I had been visiting some other sites, but they were mainly astrologers posing as a gurus and not much conversation between the visitors to the sites. My Saturn signature cannot stand egos.

I don't know about you, but I have grown weary of metaphysical meglomania.

I have felt lonely and challenged, especially lately. I feel incredibly lonely because I thought I had a lot of friends, that is until I decided to move, and not one person has offered me a room in their house to rent. It could be that I am suppose to relocate to another town before I find the community that I seek. So in the meantime, I will look for community on this forum. If the Pisces and Gemini aspects connect, this is a good thing.

peace,

Star Power

wayne penner

flea said:
water trine - Marilyn Monroe, jimmy carter, scorsese, hugh hefner, michael j fox, warren beatty,
earth trine - catherine zeta jones, britny spears, sylvia plath, andy kaufman, bono, matt damon, Dick Cheney,
fire trine - pete rose (baseball), Shaquille O'Neal, madonna, ghandi, liberace, maria callas, louis armstrong,
air trine - ricky martin, diane keaton,

Just wondered about this ... Neither Marilyn Monroe nor Hugh Hefner have a Grand Trine.

wayne penner

The old writers considered the GT an affliction. I have known people with this aspect (in Water) to be highly self-destructive, and I believe Kurt Cobain had nothing but planets in negative signs. A friend who is intent of killing himself with alcohol has it in Water, and another who almost self-destructed by gambling away everything he owns has a GT in Fire.

For good mental and pyhsical health it is probable that you need a bit of change now and again. The trines lock you into a comfortable state of lethargy - you need a few squares to get you out of bed in the morning.

wayne penner

lillyjgc said:
I found a link to Marilyn Monroe's chart:
http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t214/lillyjgc/?action=view&current=MarilynMonroe.jpg

I see a water grand trine comprising Saturn, Mars and the North Node.

I too have seen people with *grand trines* on a path of self destruction.It is true that a bit of struggle is character building, potentially. After all an aspect is energy.What we do with that is up to us. Cheers, lillyjgc

The Nodes take no aspects [in my opinion].

Last edited by a moderator: