Males with Venus in Leo.. superficial?

anjelik

I find that more often than not I attract men who have their Venus in Leo. Is it safe to generalize that all men with Venus in Leo are usually more concerned with how the woman looks on their arm, aka: "arm candy." Not only that, I've noticed that they like to throw their money around in a very showy fashion (expensive dinners, gifts, etc.).

Thoughts?

anjelik

P.S. It also occurs to me that Leos living in New York City are probably going to be one of the worst selections of Leos possible, especially if they're under the age of 35.

HAHA that is comforting to know! Makes sense though.

I just wish they weren't drawn to me.. would make things much easier! I only thought about this because there is a guy in my building who thinks I'm attractive(he told another girl who lives in my building) and since they share the same birthday I just put his info in astro.com to see where his Venus would be and it was in Leo. Three of my exboyfriends also had Venus in Leo.

virgo18

I find that more often than not I attract men who have their Venus in Leo. Is it safe to generalize that all men with Venus in Leo are usually more concerned with how the woman looks on their arm, aka: "arm candy." Not only that, I've noticed that they like to throw their money around in a very showy fashion (expensive dinners, gifts, etc.).

Thoughts?

It could be in general... but I think Venus in Leo, can be very passionate when they are in love.
My ex boyfriend has Venus in Leo, and he likes fashion, and all actual trends, expensive restaurants, he's gifts for me, were nice and expensive.
And he was the biggest attention seeker in the world.

anjelik

It could be in general... but I think Venus in Leo, can be very passionate when they are in love.
My ex boyfriend has Venus in Leo, and he likes fashion, and all actual trends, expensive restaurants, he's gifts for me, were nice and expensive.
And he was the biggest attention seeker in the world.

I agree with the passion aspect to an extent. I find that Venus in Leo are more likely to try and take you away on vacation with them the first month of meeting or take you out to the most expensive restaurant in the city in order to impress you. I also find that if you don't act impressed enough that they are very insulted.

Also, one of my ex's would always throw what he bought me in my face in an argument. If I said that I wish he would be there for me more emotionally and listen to me more the conversation would suddenly turn to how ungreatful I was because of all the nice purses and dinners he bought me. I feel like love equals material posessions to them.

dreamtimez

I agree with the passion aspect to an extent. I find that Venus in Leo are more likely to try and take you away on vacation with them the first month of meeting or take you out to the most expensive restaurant in the city in order to impress you. I also find that if you don't act impressed enough that they are very insulted.

An ex of mine with Venus Rx in Leo did this very thing !!!!! We met online and he offered to send tickets to fly to his place for a weekend ... and this just within a month of meeting online :unsure: I refused of course and he was angry. He was an attention-seeker ... almost like a child. I could not put up with it and now he's an ex :sleeping: Btw I feel all Leos (Leo Sun & Moon), not just Leo Venus, are attention-seekers to some extent ... it makes them happy if they can shine like the Sun.

anjelik

Btw I feel all Leos (Leo Sun & Moon), not just Leo Venus, are attention-seekers to some extent ... it makes them happy if they can shine like the Sun.

I can agree with that too. One of my very close friends has her Sun in Aries and her Ascendant is Leo and she is definitely an attention seeker - she walks into a room and commands attention basically. However, she is really fun-loving and not attention seeking in a dramatic sense. Her Moon is in Cancer, so she is very sensitive and motherly/nurturing.

I must love people with Leo in their charts because many of my good friends are Sun Leos and two of my subordinates at work are Leos and one is a Cancer on the Leo cusp.

JerryRR

Andy Roddick,30 August 1982, has Venus in Leo.
He dated Mandy Moore April 10,now married to Brooklyn Decker April 12.

Gemini,Cancer,Leo,Virgo and Libra Suns can have Venus in Leo.

J. :)

crazybutterfly

My best friend & boyfriend are both Venus in Leo

My boyfriend is Libra with Moon in Taurus....Plus the Venus in Leo....Libra men are already image conscious charmers....Then Taurus Moon makes him in need of material/financial stability.....then the Venus in Leo which we all know very well about!

Being an Aquarius with Venus in Aquarius makes Venus in Leo my complete opposite. My boyfriend always wants to buy me things & he always wants to pay for dinner. If I try to pay, his eyes will get wide & he'll shove my hand away from my wallet.
He also doesn't have any control of his own money.

anjelik: I definitely get what you mean with your "arm candy" comment. My boyfriend is ALWAYS talking about how "pretty" I am & he's stated a few times that he likes to "show me off". If he's not talking about that, then he's constantly asking me if I love him & if "I still think he's sexy". Being an Aquarius, my answer is always "Sure." :joyful:
He's also always commenting about my clothes. How much he loves my heels/boots/top/etc. Everytime we reminisce about our past, he's always the first to say, "I loved how you looked in those heels!!"
But he's actually way too sentimental, emotional, & insecure to be a full on cocky Venus in Leo (He's a Cancer ASC)

dreamtimez

Everytime we reminisce about our past, he's always the first to say, "I loved how you looked in those heels!!"
But he's actually way too sentimental, emotional, & insecure to be a full on cocky Venus in Leo (He's a Cancer ASC)

This rings a bell !!!!

My ex loved me in high heels ... he never stopped commenting on them :wink: At times I was in doubt whether he loved 'me' or 'me in heels'. And he had a Cancer rising ... very insecure. His Venus was Rx too.

crazybutterfly

Lol Dreamtimez that's so funny....
Well I know he actually does love me for who I am, but sometimes he clings to me out of insecurity. & my concern is that he's simply hanging on because of his insecurities.
But back to Venus in Leos....
Yeah even my friend who has Venus in Leo admitted that she is immature & childish when it comes to needing constant attention. She also said they are almost selfish people in a way that they indirectly are only thinking of themselves.
I mean I guess in the end they just like you so they want your attention. It's their way of showing affection. But it is baffling at first.

Last edited:

Phoenix Venus

Hi anjelik :sideways:

My boyfriend has venus in leo in the fifth house conjunct north node.

While i'm not sure about him "being into looks" moreso than the average man, he does compliment me on my looks often, likes to look good himself, and will notice small details about people's looks.

With him, i think having venus in leo helped him a HUGE deal. He had an extremely tough/ abusive childhood which caused him to have low self-esteem and look at the world in a negative way. Playing guitar was his way to escape it all as he was going through his teen years. he became extremely devoted (leo venus is a devoted placement) and it really gave him a sense of self and pride. it's beautiful to watch him play, (i play too but am more of a beginner than anything), and an inspiration. It taught him that there are things in life he can reach for and a good outlet for pain.

they do like to soak up the attention, have it all for themselves. They also are very devoted and committed. And love affection! Selfish and indulgent at times- yes.

but when you find someone who you love, you take the good and the bad and actually can admire the bad and work together to reach a higher level of being. ahh i said that like a true libra :kissing:

But with that an any placement, there can be a negative or positive and will be expressed in a multitude of ways depending on what else in the chart supports it.

Claire19

Thoughts?
As always the whole chart,the aspects with Venus have to be considered.
But sure, Venus Leo men can be attracted to those who are celebrities, glamourous, showy, actresses or dancers and they need to be proud of their loves and often like the drama queen, especially if she has a real mane of gold hair...:wink:However the house that Venus sits in makes all the difference. Often there is a love of children especially as an ego expression and they can play and be childlike which is often very winning. Often the Sun is in Leo too with a Venus Leo. i.e. Tom Cruise married Nicole Kidman and this is classic for this placement. "all show and artifice" enough said........

Last edited:

Inside Out Orange

It might be safe to make a generalisation of it but you can't apply it to all men with Venus in Leo ... you won't catch me "throwing money around in a very showy fashion". You will however find that my idea of romance is to take a picnic and go watch the sunrise from the beach ... very cheap and few other people to show off to. Attractive woman on my arm, yes please - but beauty is in the eye of the beholder ... she wouldn't have to be a supermodel just someone I like.

So what is the benefit of your generalisation?

Mark

Inside Out Orange said:
So what is the benefit of your generalisation?

Thank you so much, Inside Out Orange. It needed to be said. This thread, from the very first post, has been a thread used to vent and complain about boyfriends. There has been no reasonable, astrological discussion at all. There are plenty of guys who act that way with Venus in any sign. Selfishness is a choice and therefore a part of all signs, not just one.

Just for the record, my Eastern horizon (ascendant), Mercury, and Venus are all in Virgo. If you want to know what your words are actually saying, ask someone like me. What most of these words have really meant is the posters of this thread need to let someone (someone who knows what the hell they're doing) pick their dates for them. If you picked the guy for yourself, who should be blamed for the events? Just him? Only him? Strange conclusion.

Phoenix Venus

Thank you so much, Inside Out Orange. It needed to be said. This thread, from the very first post, has been a thread used to vent and complain about boyfriends. There has been no reasonable, astrological discussion at all. There are plenty of guys who act that way with Venus in any sign. Selfishness is a choice and therefore a part of all signs, not just one.

Just for the record, my Eastern horizon (ascendant), Mercury, and Venus are all in Virgo. If you want to know what your words are actually saying, ask someone like me. What most of these words have really meant is the posters of this thread need to let someone (someone who knows what the hell they're doing) pick their dates for them. If you picked the guy for yourself, who should be blamed for the events? Just him? Only him? Strange conclusion.

Hi Mark. Is that what my post said? I said both positive and negative things about a general venus in leo, which with any general placement can have negative or positive outcomes.

In reading your posts, i find them very well thought out and spiritually refreshing. So i'm genuinely curious about your thoughts.

Mark

Phoenix Venus: As you're already aware, you were fair in your post. I made a general address, rather than a specific one, because there were multiple posters committing the same error. You, at least, treated Leos like humans, rather than walking collections of astrological qualities. I suppose it's a personal frustration that comes from being a Sun Leo. I've seriously gotten so tired of this same fallacious quacking that I wish I could write my rational points on a card, have it copied a few hundred times, and hand one out whenever necessary. This thread deserves one of those "reality check" cards.

I've already written and removed three paragraphs about sampling bias, generalisation, refusal to take responsibility, and uninformed opinions. I dropped them from this post because those are simple problems that any reasonable, thinking person should already be able to handle (which also contributes to my frustration).

My real problem with this thread is the fact that it has been astrologically misleading. To read this thread as a novice, one might think that having even a single planet placed in Leo makes one a child that cannot control oneself. Leo's negative qualities (that should be overcome in time) have been used to drag Leo through the mud. Leo is perhaps the most disciplined and loyal of any of the signs. Leo has a keen awareness of the connection between performance and value. If I can't perform, then I am not fit to lead. If I can out-perform you, then I am more fit than you are. Leos are able to calculate and size up situations quickly and effectively. It is very difficult to deceive Leo's cold, penetrating stare. Leos love to snuggle and the back-rubs are heavenly! Then there's always the long-standing reputation of Leo being generous to a fault.

Did any of these wonderful qualities get mentioned? I didn't see them. What I saw was complaints about childish people who were the wrong choice from the beginning. The bottom line is that people make choices. Some people are highly developed. Some are far behind. Most are in the middle somewhere. We also need to remember that people change over time. Every person has been an idiot. The point is that we should learn from it. This forum should be a place to learn about astrology, not be misled by complaints.

I offer my apologies to those, such as Phoenix Venus, who were not contributing to the problem. I'll aim for the individuals next time.

:leoimg:

multiple

Account Closed
I also find that if you don't act impressed enough that they are very insulted.

would this be the same for women with venus in leo? I find them quite confusing, they often seem attracted to me but then vanish just as quick, I'm guessing because i'm not flattering enough or I don't appear impressed or stimulated easily.i've also never really been one to verbally acknowledge people much.I have a lot of cold saturn aspects which seem to take the warmth off the leo I have, i'm thinking it could be that.

Last edited:

Lion o ness

would this be the same for women with venus in leo? I find them quite confusing, they often seem attracted to me but then vanish just as quick, probably because i'm not flattering enough or I don't appear impressed or stimulated easily.

I dont have a leo venus, but i dont agree with that statement...

Leo's dont necessarily want to impress people.. Yes leo's need attention, but the goal is not to impress.. If some doesnt like say me... Im not insulted I could care less... That's their loss (thats the TRUE leo thinking...lol) Accept me for who I am I dont waste my time (just like anyone else) Leo's like affection, but not clingy (so when it works for the leo..lol) At the right time.. It really needs to be geuine.. If not the leo will see right through it. And walk away..

I admit Leo's can be aloof, But at least for me I need space, and time to sort things out in my head......

The best way to get my attention is
directness
laughter, playing
flirting
compliments (of course) but real compliments.. I can see fake a mile away.
real conversations. deep and meaninful.. open up to me... get into my emotional side..

Ohh and I dont want to go to a fancy resturant. I would prefer a walk on the beach... With sandwiches...
Or just take to me paint ball.... lol but dont let me get hurt... lol