Is he indifferent to me?

Serendipity

This is the chart of my friend. Background: she was dating a co-worker. They went out maybe 5-6 times. They have not been out in several weeks, he hasn't asked her. She said that he has acted a bit more reserved at work and wanted to know if he's just lost interest and is now indifferent to her.

Can someone please post the data for me?
Sept 27 2010 6:19pm Wayne NJ

I'm not going to offer my own interpretation just yet. I'd like to hear back from others on the forum first to hear what you guys think.

misskitty

It's just because you don't have the chart posted. I haven't had time to go through the steps, been busy today and still under the gun and short on time. Will look later.

Serendipity

Thanks! :smile:
I just can't post charts because I always use my work laptop and I dont want to save charts in it.
I took a quick glance at this but I'm probably biased because it's my friend's chart.

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

I erected the chart on astro.com
-querent = 1st house = Pisces = Jupiter rx
-"him" (quesited) = 7th house = Virgo = Mercury
-Mercury and Jupiter are in opposition-by-sign = negative testimony
-Moon as co-significator of querent approaches Mercury = shows querent's emotions toward quesited
-Moon as co-significator of quesited (can be so, according to earlier Arabic horary authorities such as Ibn Ezra, and the Ankara tradition) seperates from Jupiter and shows "his" (quesited's) emotions moving away from querent = negative testimony
-Moon parallel of declination with South Node (Dragon's Tail) = vitiates (corrupts) the Moon = emotions of both querent and quesited are detrimental in this matter = negative testimony
-all is not lost, however: Jupiter (querent), though self-conflicted about the matter (Jupiter rx status) is strong by house (1st) and sign (domicile of Pisces); Mercury (him) strong by both place (7th pivot) and domicile (Virgo); mutable signs are on the pivots = changing situation, not set-in-stone; both significators (Jupiter and Mercury) move toward Part of Fortune: querent's Jupiter by rx motion back toward the POF, "him" (quesited's Mercury) by direct motion toward the POF.

Answer: yes, at the current time "he" is indifferent toward "her"; however, this could change (time-frame: over the next 30 days to 12 weeks; if "his" attitude hasn't changed by 12 weeks, it won't; "his" attitude will NOT change unless querent takes actions toward the quesited of a Jovian-positive Jovian-quality)

Serendipity

Thanks dr.farr. I got the same answer as you.

Answer: yes, at the current time "he" is indifferent toward "her"; however, this could change (time-frame: over the next 30 days to 12 weeks; if "his" attitude hasn't changed by 12 weeks, it won't; "his" attitude will NOT change unless querent takes actions toward the quesited of a Jovian-positive Jovian-quality)

How did you determine that? I mean that his attitude won't change unless the querent takes action. She's supposed to act "jovian" towards him? Act friendly and casual?

DiDi

hey

I didnt see this post ive been busy over the other thread.... Yeah its a bit much when you dont get an answer when we are here all the time, luckily there are a handfull of us who are around lol varied in knowledge but never the less still here :happy:

Im not going to try and answer this one you have better people on here including yourself with skills here but i can say this ...

If hes not asking her out again or giving her clues he is still interested.. then he is pre occupied else where... with men eigh it could be overload work family or money issues or dateing someone else too.. most of them do it... till they like someone more....

I know im not the person to do this myself in my circumstances but when i use to date and didnt hear from them or i didnt want to see them again id just ask... how they feel so i knew... casually of course.

but I wonder what the chart shows for the near future because ive had some slow starts before and eneded up me telling them to chill lol

dr. farr

How did you determine that? I mean that his attitude won't change unless the querent takes action. She's supposed to act "jovian" towards him? Act friendly and casual?

The chart puts querent as Jupiter: Jupiter in the chart is self-conflicted (rx) However, in the natural order of things Jupiter is a "superior planet" (ancient astrological concept) and Mercury (quesited significator) is an "inferior" planet (also part of the ancient astrological concept) So, since a superior planet represents the querent, and an inferior planet the quesited, by querent "becoming" (through her actions) "Jupiter direct", she can influence the quesited (Mercury) toward her will (superior Jupiter has the natural potential of "controlling" the inferior Mercury) However, if she does not become "Jupiter direct", and remains passive, then the direct Mercury (quesited) is "stronger" (because it is direct and Jupiter in the chart is rx), and will go on its "own way" and the matter primarily indicated in this horary (his indifference toward her) will continue to evolve as the chart indicates, that is, nothing will develop further (at least during the pendency of the time-period indicated in this chart)

Serendipity

Im not going to try and answer this one you have better people on here including yourself with skills here but i can say this ...

DiDi your insights are always welcome. You do have skills.

The chart puts querent as Jupiter: Jupiter in the chart is self-conflicted (rx) However, in the natural order of things Jupiter is a "superior planet" (ancient astrological concept) and Mercury (quesited significator) is an "inferior" planet (also part of the ancient astrological concept) So, since a superior planet represents the querent, and an inferior planet the quesited, by querent "becoming" (through her actions) "Jupiter direct", she can influence the quesited (Mercury) toward her will (superior Jupiter has the natural potential of "controlling" the inferior Mercury) However, if she does not become "Jupiter direct", and remains passive, then the direct Mercury (quesited) is "stronger" (because it is direct and Jupiter in the chart is rx), and will go on its "own way" and the matter primarily indicated in this horary (his indifference toward her) will continue to evolve as the chart indicates, that is, nothing will develop further (at least during the pendency of the time-period indicated in this chart)

Ahhh, ok I get it now. Occasionally I forget the superior planets Jupiter and Saturn. I just figured since Jupiter is retrograde that my friend might not have the power to act in that manner. She said she might have asked him what was going on but she's been hesitant because they work together and she's got to see him everyday. Personally I feel there shouldnt be any dating at work because then you end up with awkward situations like this.

Arijana

I answer so many people's horary questions and I can't get one response to my own post. Sheesh.

lol

it's cause were all visual here :tongue:

Going what dr. farr described, her being the reto Pisces and him being Mercury in Virgo in the 7th-I'd say yes too,plus he is in his own house and kind of cold and reserved since Virgo is like that,your friend might have some piscean illusions or attitudes towards him ( dreamy,not realistic etc. )
Dr. Farr put it in the right words,maybe she's confliced on how to behave towards him,and she must take action otherwise his attitude won't change,but I don't see it like that,maybe when she goes direct there will be a change in the situation ,maybe she will realize she is good on her own and doesn't need him..

DiDi

thankyou.... :joyful:

Id say there would be more stress just by not saying anything... it all depends how its delivered... just get her to say hey did i say something to offend you or are we okay?
its pretty casual....
im going to do a jupiter and start trying to get someone i want inadvertantly... by walking same time of night my ex drives past...
dr farr inspired me with his words of wisdom :happy: think i seen him too lol

Serendipity

Dr. Farr put it in the right words,maybe she's confliced on how to behave towards him,and she must take action otherwise his attitude won't change,but I don't see it like that,maybe when she goes direct there will be a change in the situation ,maybe she will realize she is good on her own and doesn't need him..

Id say there would be more stress just by not saying anything... it all depends how its delivered... just get her to say hey did i say something to offend you or are we okay?

She is conflicted, probably signified by being retro. Right now she's tip toeing around the office trying to avoid him lol. That's kind of sad that she feels she has to do that. She asked the question so she could make a decision on whether she should say anything to him. She's trying to save face. I have an Aries Moon so I am normally pretty confrontational. But in this case from what she has said about him, I have a feeling this guy would say that nothing is wrong. Funny how they are both in domicile, in their own house and opposing. Kind of like a tug of war.

There's nothing wrong with reaching out to someone but sometimes it depends on what you expect from it. If you contact someone you need to be prepared for their reaction and walk in with the thought that things may not change to your liking and you are prepared to accept the situation as is.

Serendipity

Being that we've had 2 people here post that they've contacted their quesited and everything turned out ok I am going to tell my friend to do the same.

dr. farr

Although not even thought of in today's horary, more esoterically oriented practitioners of the past believed that by taking on the "characteristics" of planets involved as significators, they could modify the results indicated by the horary. If, for example, a negative outcome in a horary was indicated by the weakness or affliction of the relevant significator (say Jupiter rx), then be "personating" a direct Jupiter (through thoughts, actions, remedies of various sorts) then the manifesting of the horary chart's indications in the real world could be changed, and the negative outcome indicated might be changed to a positive one...We do this all the time in therapeutic horary (astro-medical horary) with selecting remedies to modify the influences shown in the chart: it can be done just as well with other horaries if the querent involved is directly involved in the horary question, and knows what to do to remedy the negative trends indicated in that horary. One BECOMES the planet necessary to change the horary indications-becomes that planet by way of thought, type of actions, colors, timing, attitude (and other more esoteric ways too)
One studies the POSITIVE indications of a planet (as easily found, for example, in texts on the meaning of planets in natal astrology) and then, through one's will, becomes like that...

Last edited:

Serendipity

Sorry tik, I couldn't post it. Just wrote the chart data.
I use my work laptop and I don't like the idea of mixing astrology charts with my work documents. I had thoughts that I might accidentally send a chart to my client or co-workers.

Arijana

Being that we've had 2 people here post that they've contacted their quesited and everything turned out ok I am going to tell my friend to do the same.

3 people actually. I've had a woman on another forum ( Mars) contact Venus and got a good reply. But Mars in Libra was very cranky and wanting to fight and argue. I wonder is Venus in scorpio different? like neptune wrote in another topic it could be that Venus is feeling bad about the situation.