natal vs progressed chart reading

theboy

hey guys so ive gotten into progressed charts as of late and was wondering if you guys see any hard aspects that are being developed or future things i should be looking into when interpreting my progressed chart?

also what are your thoughts on natal and progressed charts? do you think that we evolve from the natal chart to the progressed chart or that we will always have our natal qualities with a flavoring of our progressed chart?

also what other charts can we use to make predictions or that are of importance to the person like the progressed chart?

one last quesstion what are your thoughts on house cusps such as my ascendant or midheaven being towards the end of signs in the beginning of that cusp and almost entirely into a new sign through out the rest of the remanning cusp how should i interpret that? im a cancer midheaven still in my progressed chart or should i be taking leos influence over the cancer influence now since its towards the end of cancer and almost entirely in leo? same for my ascendant?

thanks in advance :smile:

Attachments

• astro_2gw_02_anonymous.10946.3747.gif
    astro_2gw_02_anonymous.10946.3747.gif
    45.2 KB · Views: 21
  • astro_52gw_02_the_boy_2016522.3849.31790.gif
    astro_52gw_02_the_boy_2016522.3849.31790.gif
    45.5 KB · Views: 23
  • astro_245gw_02_the_boy_2016522.3790.30087.gif
    astro_245gw_02_the_boy_2016522.3790.30087.gif
    49.1 KB · Views: 22

FROG

My understanding of the Secondary Progressed Chart, is that it shows the maturation of character over time. The natal chart is the basic prevailing story. The progressed charts shows the chapters in time.

Another way I look at it, is like this: The natal chart is the summary page on your life. It shows the 'high points', matters of greatest impact in the entire life. So if a million things happened in life, just the most important dominant themes show in the natal chart. In progressed chart, you get the dominant themes of the year.

In prediction, you only 'predict' if the matter shows in the natal chart and the progressed chart. And the 'issue', must be a common theme shown in many ways among the chart.

House cusps in the last degrees of the sign do have significance. I haven't learned what it is yet. Look up the term, or ask about "anaretic degrees" or "cusps in anaretic degrees". I have seen mention of two different attitudes about these degrees. One, is that that last degree is sort of a graduation from that sign, and a point of accomplishment, feather in the cap to carry into that house. Another is that it is a sign of needing to repeat some lesson that was not accomplished before! Don't believe either one of these. But I hope I've made you curious!

Also look at the different House systems, Whole Sign, Placidus, Koch, Campanus, and so many more. You will find the cusps shift a bit with each. Then you'll have to learn about each system and which one to adopt for the purpose you have in mind. If you are located in the far northern latitudes, some house systems don't work as well. But there are many more reasons that geography for choosing one system over another.

If you don't get other responses to this thread, post these question again, using your new vocabulary and information, in a new thread. And also try posting the questions in the specialty areas for progressed charts, or other specific topics. You may get better quality answers that way.

theboy

yeah definitely that makes perfect sense i dont see myself as a scorpio but i do have some qualities of a scorpio i think i developed over time that influence my true libra self i assume i think its gods message of giving the true libra in me the ability to stand up for itself when making decisions

yeah definitely ill look into that

for the most part most of the house systems seem to be somewhat aligned with the placidus house system i think because i was born in los angeles

i dont know if you have the answer to this but i read somewhere that mars in cancer is in fall and makes me somewhat passive agressive? i read somewhere else however that mars in cancer in 10th house is exalted since its how i express myself towards my career or the outer world? is this correct? what are your thoughts on this?

FROG

I don't know a Mars in Cancer person, yet.
Mars is associated with being pushy, or willing to assert fiercely, aggressive, competitive, willng to compete, needs to compete, combative, quarrelsome, the opposite of passive, confrontational, someone who is pushing ahead of the pack to be first, someone willing to take the risks to go first, someone who puts their passion into ACTION! In some Cancer situations, it becomes useful to have Mars, as long as it is not overheated.

Mars can be like a teakettle. Keep the heat low, and the whistle is a mild alert, or a wimper. Continue heating higher, and you'll get an ear piercing scream from the pot, and a splutter of damaging boiling water splutter all over the place.

So, Cancer, a nurturing sign, gets the typical identity of needing to be soft and mushy all the time, in order to be nurturing. But actually, it's better if Cancer has some 'spine' to it, for a lot of situations. Mars can be that spine, if the expression of Mars in Cancer is done well. Done badly, well, yes, you could get a passive aggressive person, when it comes to the matters of that house.

So that's where you get to choose. As you go through life, you become familiar with that fine line between the good spine or the P-A response to life. And you make a point of making a better choice each time you are challenged.

As for Mars in Cancer in the 10th being 'good': Mars is exalted in the 10th. But Mars is in its Fall in Cancer. The combination of the two, sounds more like the benefits and disbenefits cancel each other out. But again, looking at something as 'good' or 'bad' needs to be considered just a ballpark estimate. In the actual experience in life, it's up to you to make the best of it.

Perhaps you take the 'lead' in some preservation/conservation work. Perhaps you are the one willing to risk something in conservation in order to make something better. Maybe you're the one who can go to bat for a group, against intrusive urban growth, overbearing government taxes, etc. Maybe you're the one willing to make your group better so that it lands more grant money. (competition factor).

Then you take these ideas, and keep looking around the chart for other factors that would reinforce one of these, to begin to knit a consistent picture of one individual, in lieu of trying to swallow a generic classification as your label for life.

And then there's the effect of the progressions ....
After all, we are human, growing older with experience, and changing our response to situations as we wisen up!

theboy

yeah definitely i agree, its almost as if i have somewhat control of mars action because of cancers emotions blending in allowing me to act on how i feel concerning confrontation with the outside world in the 10th house