I hate my birth chart

What I hate most is my sun, moon, and mercury in Aries. One or two planets in Aries is okay, but 3 is a little much. I feel it makes me so boring and one dimensional. Everyone else has these cool combinations and it makes me jealous. :( If I had been born a day earlier my moon would be Pisces, I feel like that would've given me more depth. But oh well, what can I do.

my chart from astrotheme.com
ZwLjZmR5BGNkZGR0ZQNjZQRjZQNkBQZ4BQV.png

Actually if I had been born 6 hours earlier my moon would be in Pisces. I still like to think I carry a little Pisces with me

Last edited:

RodJM

Can you post your natal chart? Remember, we are all the sum total of our natal charts, not just 1 planet and 2 luminaries irrespective of whatever zodiac sign.

I guess I like some things about it. Neptune in 7th house and Jupiter in 12th gives me a little sensitive/spiritual side. 3 planets in Capricorn keeps me more grounded. Still though, too much Aries and hate my Venus in Aquarius.

Last edited:

WeCareALot

What I hate most is my sun, moon, and mercury in Aries. One or two planets in Aries is okay, but 3 is a little much. I feel it makes me so boring and one dimensional. Everyone else has these cool combinations and it makes me jealous. :( If I had been born a day earlier my moon would be Pisces, I feel like that would've given me more depth. But oh well, what can I do.

ariescancer, are you kidding?? I would kill to have your chart! You've got your Sun at the top, angular Neptune/Uranus/Saturn and a triple dose of Aries. And I would say that having Cancer rising adds just as much color to your chart as a Pisces moon would.

If you want a $hitty chart, take mine. I've got an Aries Sun, Libra Moon and Virgo Rising. My sun, venus, and mercury are all $crewed up in the 7th house and they square the Cap stellium in my 4th house. If trading charts were possible, I'd definitely take yours!

Zarathu

Account Closed
ariescancer, are you kidding?? I would kill to have your chart! You've got your Sun at the top, angular Neptune/Uranus/Saturn and a triple dose of Aries. And I would say that having Cancer rising adds just as much color to your chart as a Pisces moon would.

If you want a $hitty chart, take mine. I've got an Aries Sun, Libra Moon and Virgo Rising. My sun, venus, and mercury are all $crewed up in the 7th house and they square the Cap stellium in my 4th house. If trading charts were possible, I'd definitely take yours!

Your chart is the blueprint of your life. If you think its sh!tty now, its because in previous lives you didn't work on important issues that were given to you. The difficult-ness was made by YOU when you were in non-corporeal form to accomplish stuff in this life. if you fool around again, and ignore what it says to do and not to do, then next time it will be even worse, as YOU make it even more restrictive in YOUR attempt to bring your personality self back into focus on what needs to be done.

The strength are where you should go. The weaknesses aren't weaknesses, they are fences that YOU put there for yourself so that you wouldn't go there and use stuff and energies that you shouldn't be using this time around.

It is what it is.

Birch Dragon

Wow. Why?!?
Marlon Brando has Sun, Moon and Mercury in Aries. Perhaps he seems one note and boring to you? I'm tempted to say "it's what you do with it..." But even then, I think you have some excellent placements there.
If you think the chart is one dimensional because you have three planets in one sign, that's just not the case. If you dig more into your chart you'll see all sorts of complexities.
Or is it that the planets are in Aries? I do notice sometimes on this site (only sometimes) a very, very silly idea suggesting that Aries is undesirable on all sorts of grounds, or Virgo is boring, while Scorpio is all sexy and cool or any watery planet is deep and psychic. And that's just silly. Any of the signs can be expressed with wisdom or with superficiality.
I've said this on this site before but Aries to me is a sign of profound spirituality. If Pisces is the dissolution of self into the greater whole, I think of Aries as the Resurrection. Aries is the "I Am," one of the names we find for God in the Old Testament. Why would God call God "I Am?" (Actually, translated it English it's something like "I Am That Which I Am.") Because God simply is. No qualifications. No fragmentations. No finitude, incompleteness or institutionalization to clutter or confuse issues. Aries is the "I Am." Pisces may be the sign where the person sees the whole of the universe - the Tao - and knows she is a part of everything, moving with everything. Aries is the sign where we just are that. We just do it. We don't see it or know it, perhaps. We just are it. Aries is about raw truth and authenticity. And, crucially, at its highest expression, Aries is pure inspiration (rousing speeches before battle. The St. Crispin's Day speech from Shakespeare's Henry V, if you know that allusion). That's exactly one of the reasons why Aries cuts against so much in the human world, and can be a difficult sign to live with. Too much of the human world just isn't true and authentic, and strives to tamp down wild inspiration.
I'm not saying Aries doesn't, like all signs, have it's ups and downs as we express it in our lives. Like you I have three personal planets in Aries: a Sun/Moon/Venus conjunction. I know that Aries energy is painfully urgent and what lots of people would call rash. But like with all signs there's also a brilliance to Aries, and like Zarathu said, it is you. There's no changing that. You are that which you are... and what you are happens to be this brilliant, potentially profoundly inspirational combination of Sun/Moon and Mercury in Aries in the 10th house... plus the particular configurations of all the other planets in your chart...
Instead of hating it I think you should delve into it. Listen to what your chart is saying to you about who you are and why you're here. (Not to say I'm great at it myself... but I'm steadily figuring it out.)

Mars in Aquarius in the Eighth. That's gonna be a key planet for you. And conjunct your North Node!!!

Last edited:

greybeard

Let me see.

What you are saying is "I hate myself."

How cool.

Better luck next time.

What is your question?
Seems like you are seeking commiseration and nothing more.

I cast your chart in my own format so I could see it. Happy 24th.

Saturn is your final dispositor.
Pluto is solitaire below the Earth and the only retrograde planet, intercepted to boot. He beholds a partile sesquicuadrate to the sorely afflicted combust Moon, and to Jupiter too. So Pluto is the apex planet of a disagreeable minor (but not so minor in terms of your life) formation.
Jupiter is the handle planet of a rather off-balanced bucket pattern with a 28 degree clockwise leaning. He's exalted but his lord (Moon) is in dire straits and she squares him tightly. Goodness, poor Moon. Her sign is not a happy one for her, and her lord is in the 8th. And to top it all off, she's lord of the horoscope.
The horizon is under attack. Mercury squares the horizon and also squares Neptune within degree...and of course Neptune opposes the Asc.
Not to mention the Aries cluster at the apex of the Cardinal cross...and seven planets in Cardinal signs with a complete absence of Common planets. And as with Moon, the lord of the cluster in the 8th.
We need not talk about that kinky Venus, square Pluto in the 5th within 2 degrees. Then of course Venus/Pluto=Jupiter, a second sesquicuadrate formation. To add insult to injury, Venus is semisquare Moon too. What a can of worms, huh?

Well, you're right. It's a mess. But then this is the hand you were dealt. How are you going to play it? You can't win if you fold.

Listen, I have boxes full of self-pity that I have no use for. I'd be happy to send the whole lot to you, enough to give you a nice thick coat from head to toe.

Last edited:

Cascada

my chart from astrotheme.com
ZwLjZmR5BGNkZGR0ZQNjZQRjZQNkBQZ4BQV.png

I don't think it's boring :sideways: I would think that it would give you a lot of drive and a lot of energy. Being in the 10th, I'm sure you're really driven to achieving your goals. Your Sun/Moon ruler (Mars) in Aquarius is a nice touch, that's gotta be quite interesting, placed in the 8th and conjunct Venus must add some intensity (and the depth you're looking for). I think the more planets in connection to your Sun/Moon the better, and since they're conjunct you were born during a New Moon (pretty cool, I think :wink:) and it means your inner self and the outer you are united. I think Sun and Moon in conjunction can seem quite purposeful, especially in the 10th and especially in Aries. You're actually my complete opposite- I have my Moon and Sun in Libra :biggrin: I have Jupiter there too so I'm also a triple Libra.
By the way, it's not an uncommon thing to have more than one planet in the same sign, or even a stellium of planets in the same sign.. Venus and Mercury are never that far in front/behind your Sun sign.
I'd imagine you're quite Capricorn/Saturn like with your Saturn strong in the 7th, being in its own sign, two other planets there, too (though generational, as is Saturn) but then your Sun/Moon/Mercury in the 10th are in Saturns natural house so that must add to it.

Last edited:

Cascada

I guess I like some things about it. Neptune in 7th house and Jupiter in 12th gives me a little sensitive/spiritual side. 3 planets in Capricorn keeps me more grounded. Still though, too much Aries and hate my Venus in Aquarius.

:andy: whyy?? Venus in Aquarius conjunct your Mars in the 8th is interesting and quirky, I think. But that's just me- I'm biased because I have Aquarius on my 7th house cusp :tongue::whistling:
Mars is quite a dominant planet for you, and it is placed in a water house. Isn't that the kind of sensitive/spiritual thing you're looking for?
Your Aries planets squaring your Neptune/Uranus indicates a spiritual side of you, I think, but in a kind of painful and ungrounded way (though your strong Capricorn should balance that out).

I don't think it's boring :sideways: I would think that it would give you a lot of drive and a lot of energy. Being in the 10th, I'm sure you're really driven to achieving your goals. Your Sun/Moon ruler (Mars) in Aquarius is a nice touch, that's gotta be quite interesting, placed in the 8th and conjunct Venus must add some intensity (and the depth you're looking for). I think the more planets in connection to your Sun/Moon the better, and since they're conjunct you were born during a New Moon (pretty cool, I think :wink:) and it means your inner self and the outer you are united. I think Sun and Moon in conjunction can seem quite purposeful, especially in the 10th and especially in Aries. You're actually my complete opposite- I have my Moon and Sun in Libra :biggrin: I have Jupiter there too so I'm also a triple Libra.
By the way, it's not an uncommon thing to have more than one planet in the same sign, or even a stellium of planets in the same sign.. Venus and Mercury are never that far in front/behind your Sun sign.
I'd imagine you're quite Capricorn/Saturn like with your Saturn strong in the 7th, being in its own sign, two other planets there, too (though generational, as is Saturn) but then your Sun/Moon/Mercury in the 10th are in Saturns natural house so that must add to it.

I'd agree that I am pretty Capricorn- like in terms of appearance. I have that Capricorn look. Dark, serious, sad eyes, wavy black hair, tall and slender. In terms of personality,I don't have great control over my emotions like a Capricorn though.

Birch Dragon

Hi ariescancer,
You've had a lot of great posts on this thread suggesting reasons why it makes little sense to hate your own birth chart and a lot of sense to see it as simply expressing what you are.
I'm wondering what you make of all that advice. Does it start to turn your view around in any way?

Signed,
Curious

Cascada

I'd agree that I am pretty Capricorn- like in terms of appearance. I have that Capricorn look. Dark, serious, sad eyes, wavy black hair, tall and slender. In terms of personality,I don't have great control over my emotions like a Capricorn though.

That'll be your erratic fiery moon squaring your Uranus :)
You have a lot to be desired in your birth chart. I'd give anything to have a planet in the top of my chart- anywhere. (Except saturn, whose already screwing up my 7th). There's definitely nothing to be ashamed of in your chart. You have a lot of energy and drive, probably a great deal of leadership ability, and yet you've probably got quite an imagination too. There's pros and cons in every chart, there's no perfect chart. What is it you're looking for us to say, if nothing we've said has reassured you?

greybeard

Cascada, have you ever watched a cat torture a mouse? Have you ever seen the chart of a psychopath?

"What is it you're looking for us to say, if nothing we've said has reassured you?" That is not what the querent is looking for.

Cascada

Cascada, have you ever watched a cat torture a mouse? Have you ever seen the chart of a psychopath?

"What is it you're looking for us to say, if nothing we've said has reassured you?" That is not what the querent is looking for.

There seems to be something he/she wants in particular, since they seem indifferent to most of what has been said. To me that says they want reassurance in a certain area, they must have something already in mind to know that what has been said doesn't satisfy them, something he/she wants someone to mention. I just get the impression that what people are saying aren't hitting the mark for him/her, so I'm wondering what it actually is that they're really curious about.

Last edited:

Flapjacks

Do you feel like you lack Water/Earth? That seems to be what you're saying, as Aqua and Aries are Air and Fire. As greybeard noted, Moon is ruler of your chart, but it is combust in Aries and there is a general lack of Water especially. Jupiter and Pluto, the only planets in water signs, both square your personal planets. The Water/Earth opposition between Jupiter and Uranus t-squaring your Moon also adds to that tension. They aren't "personal" as much, so it may feel apart from you instead of within yourself.

I actually see a lot of explosiveness and anger in this chart. I don't see where the "boring" is at all.

Last edited:

And does my chart look like that of a psychopath?

greybeard

Dear AriesCancer:

Here is your original post: What I hate most is my sun, moon, and mercury in Aries. One or two planets in Aries is okay, but 3 is a little much. I feel it makes me so boring and one dimensional. Everyone else has these cool combinations and it makes me jealous. If I had been born a day earlier my moon would be Pisces, I feel like that would've given me more depth. But oh well, what can I do.

In one of the subsequent posts you said "I don't have great control over my emotions like a Capricorn though."

You never asked any question, never posed any particular problem you sought to resolve.

And now you ask if your chart looks like that of a psychopath.

I will answer your question with a question: What comprises psychopathy?

The psychatric experts who have dedicated their careers to the study of this condition, which occurs in roughly 5% of the general population and is (in my opinion) commonplace among highly placed, powerful people in politics and business (call me a cynical old man), are not unanimous in defining the characteristics that in the aggregate determine the psycopathic personality. But there is substantial overlap.

I am not, by any means, a qualified psychiatric clinician. I am an experienced, and I hope, competent astrologer. If you put any stock in superstitious hokum such as astrology, my answer to your question follows. The answer is based on finding, or not finding, convincing evidence in the horoscope for the existence, in your personality -- in sufficient strength -- of the characteristics of the psychopath as described by several leading authorities in psychiatry. Among them are Hervey Cleckley, Robert Hare and Christopher J. Patrick. These gentlemen offer us different perspectives on the disorder.

I will use Patrick's Triarchic Model for purposes of the investigation, because of its simpler structure. He lists three main character traits along with their derivatives or extensions:

Low fear including stress-tolerance, toleration of unfamiliarity and danger, and high self-confidence and social assertiveness.
Poor impulse control including problems with planning and foresight, lacking affect and urge control, demand for immediate gratification, and poor behavioral restraints.
Lacking empathy and close attachments with others, disdain of close attachments, use of cruelty to gain empowerment, exploitative tendencies, defiance of authority, and destructive excitement seeking.

Additionally, the psychopath typically displays these other character traits: Lack of empathy. Narcissism; feelings of grandiosity (often unmerited when judged by performance or accomplishment) and self-importance. All-consuming self-centeredness. Pathological egocentricity. Total self-centeredness and an incapacity for real love and attachment. This is an exploitative personality, ruthlessly using other people to satisfy personal desires. Lack of remorse. Superficial charm. Poise in any situation. Verbal facility; untruthfulness and insincerity. Unreliability, disregard for obligations, no sense of responsibility. Poor judgment and failure to learn from experience. General poverty of deep and lasting emotions. Ingratitude. An excessive need for novel, thrilling, and exciting stimulation; taking chances and doing things that are risky.

These are most of the principal indices of psychopathy, generally agreed upon by most experts.

I find your horoscope to be heavily laden with these character traits, strongly emphasized and prominent. I find each and every one of the traits listed above to be present and powerful, without exception. There are other traits which I have not listed but find to be substantiated as well.

The short answer is Yes.

That is my professional opinion. Doctors give medical opinions, attorneys give legal opinions, astrologers give astrological opinions. It is always prudent to get a second opinion.

I think (it is my opinion as of this moment) that you are toying with us (the members of this community) for your personal amusement, which is why I used the metaphor of the cat.

Last edited: