New to vedic astro!

eight8gems

Hello everyone, ive been doing some solo learning and reading up on vedic astrology to learn about my future husband and children... But i think its left me confused.

In western astrology i have a cancer moon. Which i personally think is a very accurate representation of who iam emotionally. In vedic i noticed i have a gemini moon (3), which is so not me... And confused about that little switch.

For future husbands i read that a femle should look at mars (virgo 6) and jupiter (libra 7).

Also im confused about the different types of charts to generate. North, south or east?

Can someone please help me make sense of all this new informtion?

Thank you kindly!

my vedic chart from astro. Oops, Ignore the asteroids!

84C74279_zps396dafe6.jpg

Last edited:

Virinchi

how did you conclude that vedic gemini moon is not about you ?
did you read about what vedic says about gemini moon and its nakshatras ? or did you try to apply what you read about gemini moon in western and try to compare ?

you cant mix two methods without understanding them
better stick to one method

what you tried to do was to expect winter in december and bought sweaters..
but you forgot that you were in southern hemisphere , somewhere in australia and its summer time during december

when you shift methods/places, dont apply old rules

eight8gems

how did you conclude that vedic gemini moon is not about you ?
did you read about what vedic says about gemini moon and its nakshatras ? or did you try to apply what you read about gemini moon in western and try to compare ?

you cant mix two methods without understanding them
better stick to one method

what you tried to do was to expect winter in december and bought sweaters..
but you forgot that you were in southern hemisphere , somewhere in australia and its summer time during december

when you shift methods/places, dont apply old rules

Hey thanks for the reply!

Im only trying to explain how i understood the information in the hopes that someone much better versed can help me make sense of all the new placements and signs.

What i learned about the gemini moon in vedic left me a bit puzzled and found it hard to relate... Since it was my birth data i entered, i just assumed that the moon and sun placement was a description about me...

Anyways i want to learn about vedic astrology and if you can recomend some starting points to understand my chart better that would be great!

Thanks again!

dr. farr

For a serious beginning study of jyotish I suggest the easily-available 2 volume work by Dr. K.S. Charak entitled "Elements of Vedic Astrology"; another good introductory instructional work (though not as thorough as Charak's) is "Light on LIfe" by deFouw and Svoboda...