Spiritual heaviness

poyi

Premium Member
Sometimes I feel like a psychic sponge, absorbing the sadness of others. I often burn white sage to try and alleviate the "heaviness," but this particular bout is lingering for some unknown reason. Can someone please tell me if there is something in my natal chart that causes this? I don't have a watery chart, but it feels like it. In the meantime, I am coping as best I can by sending positive affirmations to the universe.

Mercury in 3rd house signified mental activity is high and biQuintile Saturn, Saturn is in retrograde.

2nd house Venus in Virgo in her fall, Libra cusp ruler in 3rd house. 3rd house Mercury in Libra, Libra cusp ruler in 2nd house. Is mutual reception of 2nd house Venus Virgo and 3rd house Mercury Libra here.

2nd house Pluto conjunct Venus, ruler of the Singleton Neptune in Scorpio, Neptune in the angular house, in fact the only angular house planet although at later degrees....

Mercury conjunct Moon, Moon is the ruler of the 12th house Cancer sign, hidden emotions...directing inward energy.

I guess the mutual reception of Mercury and Venus, conjunction of Venus/Pluto, Mercury/Moon, rulership of Pluto to Neptune, all combined together are the built up of rational mind (Mercury), emotion (Venus/Moon), intensity (Pluto), higher mind/Love (Neptune), and the fact of Moon is the ruler of the hidden house!

I think these are some connections to think about :biggrin:

Last edited:

miquar

@Miquar - I normally hear that people who are airy are detached, insensitive, unemotional, etc. and they have trouble from feeling too little emotion, not too much. This claim reminds me a little bit of the rainbow ruse.

Hi. Airy people tend to try to be these things because their favoured way of adapting to life is by viewing and evaluating through conceptual and ethical frameworks. When everything fits the model then the world is as it should be, and when the chaotic and instinctual drives in oneself or others wreak havoc on this neat and tidy model, then steps are taken to either use the existing model to bring everything under control, or else improve the model to take new insights into account.

But we all feel. We all experience pleasant, unpleasant or neutral feelings as our disposition is 'pinged' by something. There do seem to be some people who manage to permanently disconnect from their feelings, but such people are very rare and a good proportion of these people do have a decent amount of water in their charts. We call these people psychopaths of course.

The sign placements of planets merely show which elements (or functions of conscious) the person most naturally uses to adapt to the world. But almost all of us feel our feelings. There are many great thinkers like Bertrand Russell who have no air in their charts. And there are many composers whose works may move us deeply who have no water in their charts (Beethoven has no planets in water).

What is the rainbow ruse?

poyi

Premium Member
Hi. Airy people tend to try to be these things because their favoured way of adapting to life is by viewing and evaluating through conceptual and ethical frameworks. When everything fits the model then the world is as it should be, and when the chaotic and instinctual drives in oneself or others wreak havoc on this neat and tidy model, then steps are taken to either use the existing model to bring everything under control, or else improve the model to take new insights into account.

But we all feel. We all experience pleasant, unpleasant or neutral feelings as our disposition is 'pinged' by something. There do seem to be some people who manage to permanently disconnect from their feelings, but such people are very rare and a good proportion of these people do have a decent amount of water in their charts. We call these people psychopaths of course.

The sign placements of planets merely show which elements (or functions of conscious) the person most naturally uses to adapt to the world. But almost all of us feel our feelings. There are many great thinkers like Bertrand Russell who have no air in their charts. And there are many composers whose works may move us deeply who have no water in their charts (Beethoven has no planets in water).

What is the rainbow ruse?

I agree! When you are severely lacking a particular element such as Air, you are either very intelligent or in severe case have intellectual disability. Due to the fact that the native will either fully neglect the meaning/function of this element or highly likely to "Overcompensated" that element. And here miquar just mentioned a few very good examples.

And the easiest one for me to remember is Mother Terese having her Venus as her singleton in her 12th Leo, Great Ideal Love toward Humanity. Venus was her only Fire element in the whole chart! She clearly showed us what Fire element really means through her Venus!
:innocent:

Euthenic1

Miquar, Infinitenowhere, and Poyi: Thank you for your input.

I do have a tendency to over-think things, and I also pick up on subtleties that, perhaps, other people would simply ignore. Then, it's as if those subtleties prompt me to over-think things. Oy vey! It's a vicious cycle!

Thankfully, I have found that I am better able to shield myself now that I have started meditating in addition to praying throughout the day.

Peace and blessings.

d00dle

wow! that's a lot of libra :) ok, Moon and Chiron (aspect) could indicate that you're a person who is extremely sensitive and empathic.

infinitenowhere

Miquar, Infinitenowhere, and Poyi: Thank you for your input.

I do have a tendency to over-think things, and I also pick up on subtleties that, perhaps, other people would simply ignore. Then, it's as if those subtleties prompt me to over-think things. Oy vey! It's a vicious cycle!

Thankfully, I have found that I am better able to shield myself now that I have started meditating in addition to praying throughout the day.

Peace and blessings.

I recommend envisioning an ocean of light all around your body as well as from within before starting the meditation. Imagine your being expanded into the vast empty nothingness. And don't forget the special word, Love. YOu would'nt want to open yourself up to malevolent entities now would you? Love works better then prayer. Prayer is more having to do with mediators and why not just get directly to the source of everything which is nothing (infinite love). 528hz frequency might help as well. It's supposed to repair our dna. Stick with love since it is the source of it all. nothing escapes it no matter how detatched from conciousness beings are they will still have to answer to love at the end of the beginning. Love transcends all influences including the Astrological and Numerological limitations. Love is the answer.

Euthenic1

wow! that's a lot of libra :) ok, Moon and Chiron (aspect) could indicate that you're a person who is extremely sensitive and empathic.

I do have a lot of Libra in my chart, which makes dealing with the infamous indecisive periods a real bear at times. As for your thoughts about my Moon-Chiron aspect, you are right. I wish I had known about astrological aspects when I was younger. Live and learn.

Peace and blessings.

Euthenic1

I recommend envisioning an ocean of light all around your body as well as from within before starting the meditation. Imagine your being expanded into the vast empty nothingness. And don't forget the special word, Love. YOu would'nt want to open yourself up to malevolent entities now would you? Love works better then prayer. Prayer is more having to do with mediators and why not just get directly to the source of everything which is nothing (infinite love). 528hz frequency might help as well. It's supposed to repair our dna. Stick with love since it is the source of it all. nothing escapes it no matter how detatched from conciousness beings are they will still have to answer to love at the end of the beginning. Love transcends all influences including the Astrological and Numerological limitations. Love is the answer.

It's funny that you should mention love, because I begin my meditation by surrounding myself with love and light. Why that didn't come to me sooner ... [face palm] What matters most is that I finally get it now, not the length of the journey. Thanks for the suggestions.

Peace and blessings.

Euthenic1

Also, if you're having random bouts of depression and not just being sensitive to people's emotions, I'd go see a qualified professional (doctor/psychologist, not astrologer) to see what it is and get some help. It might be a chemical imbalance but it might just be the results of prolonged, excessive stress or guilt or some other type of negative emotion.

I missed this post. Sorry about that. The spiritual heaviness I spoke of had/has a different energy than that of depression - been there, done that, fully recognize it. But I am all for consulting medical professionals, should I find myself unable to function due to negative energy in general.

Peace and blessings.

*emma*

Banned
OP if you feel like a psychic sponge with others then switch it off by doing your own thing and ignoring them, been there and done it, trust your own self your own judgement, its very very powerful especially with all that libra, there is bo reason for u to be dragged down, get rid of any latent guilty feelings too :) peace to you

Euthenic1

OP if you feel like a psychic sponge with others then switch it off by doing your own thing and ignoring them, been there and done it, trust your own self your own judgement, its very very powerful especially with all that libra, there is bo reason for u to be dragged down, get rid of any latent guilty feelings too :) peace to you

If only it were that easy - being able to switch "it" off. I get what you're saying though. I am learning that my sensitivity to the sadness/confusion of others is part of my predestined lot in (this) life. Yes, it can be hard to deal with (especially when our basic instincts tell us to focus on our own desires/needs), but I now consider the heaviness to be a gift from the Divine because I am becoming more enlightened and altruistic.

Peace and blessings.

Last edited: