Can I get some new insight?

Alamits

I have been studying my own chart since I've began studying astrology months ago. I am curious to know what those of you out there come up with.

Attachments

• Paul* Rendon jr..jpg
    Paul* Rendon jr..jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 58
  • astro_2gw_01_paul_hw.70206.34361.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_paul_hw.70206.34361.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 49
  • astro_w2at_01_paul_hp.75865.28799.gif
    astro_w2at_01_paul_hp.75865.28799.gif
    56.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Lots of requests yesterday would like mine looked at too :D

Hi, Alamits.

Sometimes when there are no responses to a request, it can be helpful for you narrow the scope a bit, like if there might be something that has been on your mind or an issue you would like to be looked at.

Just a suggestion.

Alamits

Well ok..one thing I have thought about for a while which I think I have found the answer to in the chart but I would like to check with another interpretation. I am a martial artist of 12 years(started at 8) and am one of two top students of the class. The problem I have is how can this be with mars near deep debilitation and retrograde. Ideas?

kimbermoon

..Of first note is the conjunction of Venus/Uranus/Neptune...this signifies a specialized generation of pioneers who are meant to lead the way through a new era of consciousness. This will involve psychological adaptations and finding new ways of living in a world that will experience a new paradigm of reality...the old system is failing, and important evolutionary changes are waiting to meet us in the future. The Uranus/Neptune generation is associated with historical times in the past where sweeping social/political changes must come into being. Your Aquarius Moon at the MC suggests you will have some unique perspectives and ideas about humanity to share through a public position.

Pluto with Mercury in the 6th house: critical changes in how you relate to 'earning a living'. A transformation that will require a higher level of awareness and consciousness. Prone to domineering and attempting to control others. Obsessive in work ethics. Potential problems in communicating in the place of employment [with co-workers] that are apt to involve power struggles. Learning to utilize the spirit of co-operation, rather than competition. Metaphysical understandings. Developing abilities for healing others.

Personality: the social masquerade that you project in public: this is shown by the combination of Sun in Sagittarius, Moon in Aquarius and Gemini rising: A mix of Air and Fire: socially inspired and self expressive: congeniality, wit, humor, sincerity, honesty, mental compatibility, interesting, communicative. You have the ability to inspire and motivate others, revealing higher truths; involvements with teaching, mediating, writing, the law or philosophy.
Sun/7th h: demonstrating truth, honor, integrity in relationships; social networking in the pursuit of higher meaning and purpose in life. May require balancing by adding more earth/water energies [receptivity and sensitivity]

Very often the persona that we express externally is quite different from the true inner essence of the soul and psyche. On the surface you may appear socially adept, happy go lucky and generous.You can seem very fiery and expressive. The Moon rules our emotions in response to the subconscious workings of the psyche; Moon in Aquarius is also considered friendly and sociable, however at heart you may in fact be more reclusive and detached.

Nodal Axis: Sagittarius/7h: -relationships are important to your personal development. Part of your destiny is about following a path of exploration and discovery; gaining a higher level of consciusness; revealing the higher truths about life and death; differentiating between knowledge and wisdom;
What you need to let go of: mental distractions; recklessness and lack of attentiveness; lack of mental direction; the mind must be chanelled and directed much like the emotions do; Learning self control and mastery over the self, rather than trying to control others through the emotions.
The mix of fire and air can cause degrees of inner imbalance, in terms of expressing the yin and yang energies. The Sun and Moon represent the influences we received from our parents in term of domestic imprinting and conditioning. This in turn will reflect on our our own later relationships. The differing energies between the Sun and Moon express externally through conflicts and problems; Moon in Aquarius often carries a need or yearning for expressing and channeling one's uniqueness and independence.

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Just a few things worthy of mentioning, I think.[/FONT]

IleneK

Premium Member
Well ok..one thing I have thought about for a while which I think I have found the answer to in the chart but I would like to check with another interpretation. I am a martial artist of 12 years(started at 8) and am one of two top students of the class. The problem I have is how can this be with mars near deep debilitation and retrograde. Ideas?

It seems to me that accessing Pluto in Scorpio's trine to Mars could be a tremendous help. What do you think?

Alamits

It seems to me that accessing Pluto in Scorpio's trine to Mars could be a tremendous help. What do you think?

I hadn't thought of the pluto/mars relationship to have anything to do with it that's really interesting. I thought that it had to do with the fact of it being retrograde internalizing mars' energy. I also read that a retrograde planet can work to negate the effect of a debilitation..I will have to think about mars/pluto thanks for pointing that out :D

Alamits

Nodal Axis: Sagittarius/7h: -relationships are important to your personal development. Part of your destiny is about following a path of exploration and discovery; gaining a higher level of consciusness; revealing the higher truths about life and death; differentiating between knowledge and wisdom;
What you need to let go of: mental distractions; recklessness and lack of attentiveness; lack of mental direction; the mind must be chanelled and directed much like the emotions do; Learning self control and mastery over the self, rather than trying to control others through the emotions.
The mix of fire and air can cause degrees of inner imbalance, in terms of expressing the yin and yang energies. The Sun and Moon represent the influences we received from our parents in term of domestic imprinting and conditioning. This in turn will reflect on our our own later relationships. The differing energies between the Sun and Moon express externally through conflicts and problems; Moon in Aquarius often carries a need or yearning for expressing and channeling one's uniqueness and independence.

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Just a few things worthy of mentioning, I think.[/FONT]

I had the idea that the nodal axis was personal relationships and more on the partnership level learning to come out of the self and learn to relate with a girlfriend type thing...is it a higher level than that?

IleneK

Premium Member
I hadn't thought of the pluto/mars relationship to have anything to do with it that's really interesting. I thought that it had to do with the fact of it being retrograde internalizing mars' energy. I also read that a retrograde planet can work to negate the effect of a debilitation..I will have to think about mars/pluto thanks for pointing that out :D

You are welcome. And I think you make a good observation about Mars being retrograde.

Alamits

You are welcome. And I think you make a good observation about Mars being retrograde.

I was also told by a vedic astrologer that when you have a weak/debilitated planet it can become a strong focus and lots of energy can be channeled in those areas of our lives to be able to make up with the weakness. What do you think?

IleneK

Premium Member
I was also told by a vedic astrologer that when you have a weak/debilitated planet it can become a strong focus and lots of energy can be channeled in those areas of our lives to be able to make up with the weakness. What do you think?

I have done only very rudimentary study of Vedic astrology and I have the greatest respect for it. There are skilled Vedic astrologers on this forum who could better comment.

Alamits

I have done only very rudimentary study of Vedic astrology and I have the greatest respect for it. There are skilled Vedic astrologers on this forum who could better comment.

Well I wanted your opinion from what you know :) what does retrograde mars mean to you?

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Well I wanted your opinion from what you know :) what does retrograde mars mean to you?

I don't really pay much attention to the retrograde attribute of a planet, except in the way you described, or that it suggests that continuing to go over the energy or meaning of the planet could reap rewards.

Last edited:

Judy_AzVirgo

Well, I'm a 'modernist', and personally I don't see Mars functioning any worse in Cancer (or Libra or Taurus) than in Capricorn, say; so much depends on looking at the whole ball of wax. Your Mars looks pretty strong to me, especially with that trine to Pluto.

A retrograde planet can go against type, so a 'normal' Mars in Cancer might express itself by sulking or having an emotional fit, and in this sign Mars is not really IMO terribly disciplined. (But neither is Mars in Aries and some other signs.) But Mars in Cancer can be very sensitive and romantic, also devoted, and something of an artist. So, look what you're doing! A martial artist. You've devoted yourself to a very self-disciplined practice, right? I'd say that you've incorporated some of the very positive traits AND gone a bit against the type. I just love to see stuff like this -- such a positive and rewarding way to use your Mars!

I think with the retrograde, Ilene and the Vedic astrologer are right, that there's a "practice makes perfect" sort of energy, doing it and doing it again to get it right and make it powerful.

And yes, usually the energy is turned inward with a retrograde planet. So maybe your 'inward turn' is toward self-mastery (instead of beating people up, or wimping out). Yes?

Alamits

Well, I'm a 'modernist', and personally I don't see Mars functioning any worse in Cancer (or Libra or Taurus) than in Capricorn, say; so much depends on looking at the whole ball of wax. Your Mars looks pretty strong to me, especially with that trine to Pluto.

A retrograde planet can go against type, so a 'normal' Mars in Cancer might express itself by sulking or having an emotional fit, and in this sign Mars is not really IMO terribly disciplined. (But neither is Mars in Aries and some other signs.) But Mars in Cancer can be very sensitive and romantic, also devoted, and something of an artist. So, look what you're doing! A martial artist. You've devoted yourself to a very self-disciplined practice, right? I'd say that you've incorporated some of the very positive traits AND gone a bit against the type. I just love to see stuff like this -- such a positive and rewarding way to use your Mars!

I think with the retrograde, Ilene and the Vedic astrologer are right, that there's a "practice makes perfect" sort of energy, doing it and doing it again to get it right and make it powerful.

And yes, usually the energy is turned inward with a retrograde planet. So maybe your 'inward turn' is toward self-mastery (instead of beating people up, or wimping out). Yes?

Well I don't know if you know about Aikido but there is a concept, along with most asian martial arts, about ki/qi/chi and I have the job of teaching these techniques weekly we call it internal development/training...could that represent an internal mars?
And yes my goal is about self-mastery not beating people up or wimping out :D

Last edited:

Judy_AzVirgo

Well I don't know if you know about Aikido but there is a concept, along with most asian martial arts, about ki/qi/chi and I have the job of teaching these techniques weekly we call it internal development/training...could that represent an internal mars?

Looks that way to me!

ZWDS

Hi there Alamits, I just chanced upon this thread and have found it very interesting that you are a martial artist for 12 years and going strong!

I sincerely wish to join in this discussion and provide some insights based on my knowledge using another system of "astrology".

Based on your details of 1992/11/30 and i take it that your birth timing is actually before 5pm sharp too as I have 2 charts on hand now.

1 chart before 5pm and 1 chart after 5pm.

My opinion is that the "before 5pm" chart is yours.

Let me begin.

You are someone that is bold and aggressive in nature. You see no reason to "hide" in any situations even when others think that it is dangerous. You view things as either friend or foe and very goal/target oriented; you pick a goal and charge all out to get it.

In your mind, you dislike deep thoughts and can be said to be impatient too but you are smart and talented; just that you prefer not to think. There are self-contradictions in your thoughts.

On one hand, your ideas prefer and likes stability and steady progression. You have sincere and somewhat kind thoughts but on the other hand, you tend to just make decisions too quickly without thinking deeply whether will your ideas work out.

Due to this "lack of deep thoughts" nature, you tend to make decisions too quickly that land you into trouble and misunderstandings.

You are also stubborn and may refuse to change your ideas when your mind is made up as well as having violent thoughts.

You are career-minded and optimistic too. You will have lots of opportunities, support and help from your elders and superiors.

You view your parents as being "soft", easily-satisfied, peaceful, easy-going, joyful and likes leisure activities to relax. Your bonding with them is good.

When it comes to handling stuff or work, you may feel that you aren't yourself. You prefer to just charge at things but being diplomatic just isn't yourself.

You are good at socializing with others and you tend to place your interests first before others'. You are accommodating with others but you see yourself getting something in return in the future.

You tend to be curious and find yourself being attracted to mysterious stuff too. Occult, astrology etc. anything mysterious.

I shall stop here just in case I am looking at the wrong chart.

Do you have some sort of "scar" or broken feature on your body?

Do you have any siblings as well? If any, I'm sure the number is low.

Seems like you do not really have any major health problems as your illness tends to recover by itself, just requires some time.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers.

Last edited:

StillOne

Well I'm not surprised your a martial artist! With that sensitive retrograde Mars, there has to be some type of outlet for it. What better way to release that tension than to practice martial arts!

I have natal Mars in retrograde in my chart as well. I have practiced martial arts in the past. Rx Mars manifests itself individually. It's like more of an internal tension. Your focus is more on individual expression rather than, for example, particpating in a team environment. Sure you could be a team player but the individual expression is more rewarding for you... it satisfies your more internal Mars.

Some say Rx Mars is a stronger manifestation than a direct Mars...

Some say Rx planets have karma associated with them as well.

It'll be interesting to see if you stick with martial arts as you mature and what form it takes. I find my Rx Mars to be uncompetitive outside of with myself. I suppose I'm wondering if you compete and how you feel about competing with/against someone...