Second House Saturn Transit is Kicking my Butt!!!

caltron

A couple of months ago, Saturn started transiting my second house. Sure enough, my life has transformed from that of relative security and comfort to the most financially insecure I have been in my entire life. My husband started a business a couple of years ago and a few of his clients have been slow in paying him, so the burden is falling on me to make up the slack. Also, just found out that my husband did not tell me that he had not been paying the note on one of his work vans that is in my name and it was repo'ed. We scrambled to get the loan current but my credit is now shot. Now I have high balances on my card and I won't have them as a safety net anymore. We had wanted to buy a home in about 3 years and now we are going to have to work even harder. We can get out of this hole because hubby is actually getting lots of work in spite of the slow payment from his clients, but it's going to be very lean time for the time being.

One thing I don't understand is that it seems that the disaster and calamity always comes through when I have challenging transits, but the transits that are supposed to bring good luck do nothing--or if they do the benefits are very abstract or trivial. I have Jupiter transiting my tenth house which is supposed to be very favorable for advancing your career. I have been trying to look for opportunities but so far I don't feel any wind at all behind my sails. I've been working at a job that is emotionally satisfying but where I'm very much underpaid but with no chances of promotion and the opportunities elsewhere are slim. I've been feeling every bit of this Saturn transit and before that I felt every bit of Pluto crossing my IC, squaring my ascendant and twelfth house planets. The Pluto transits were so life altering that is the only reason I feel able to weather this one and appreciate what I have in my life that's good.

Sorry for all my whining. I would really appreciate if someone has any insights into my chart and when my fortunes may turn around.

Attachments

• astro_24gw_06_caltron_20131122.54871.36149.jpg
    astro_24gw_06_caltron_20131122.54871.36149.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Lin

Your chart image has expired. Maybe you can put up a thumbnail image.

By the way, this isn't just about money....you know that, right?
LIN

M

may28gemini

Saturn has been transiting my 2nd house since he entered Scorpio. I hate to say it, but I actually prefer my Saturn's return (when T Saturn was in my 1st house), at least there was a ton of action happening. Scorpio Saturn likes being slow and boring because it's fixed and not wanting to do anything and it's a cr@pshoot Saturn, too. Ick, I wouldn't say T Saturn in my 2nd house is kicking my butt, but it sure as heck is boring the h3ll out of me!!

caltron

I've updated with a thumbnail in my original post. Lin, what else does Saturn transiting in the second house affect?? I've definitely been feeling the financial aspects and clarification of my value system, but I'm not aware of the other implications.

may28gemini, my saturn return (in my 10th) was not pleasant but I think it was not as hard as what I'm experiencing now! I can see Saturn's slowness at play. It's going to take a long time for me to get out of this mess.

M

may28gemini

This is just my opinion and observation, however I think whatever natal planets are placed in angular houses are so much easier to deal with. Saturn is the most concrete planet and works best in angular houses as the energy will be stronger and easier to utilize.

I imagine that Saturn transiting the angular houses would be so much easier to deal with because there will be a lot more action, rather than the succedent houses which are very slow and not interested in change.

I too dislike Saturn transiting my 2nd house. Everything is take too long... work, finances, and I don't feel as good about myself as when Saturn was transiting my 1st house (Saturn's return) believe it or not.

Frisiangal

Hi,
Saturn doesn't bring the bad times; its transit shows where Saturnal attention should be paid to the manifested situations to which the house refers. Saturn's effect works when it should, yet is often seen as late in coming. This can be a result of Jupiter's expansion's trait, in which one experiences the tendeny to improve and advance the area through which it is transiting. No problem if one has gained Jupiter's knowledge beforehand and 'has studied to know how the field lies', but fatal if over-optimism and overspending without Saturn's rein of 'this is the limit, this far and no further, this is the end of the rope' has not been heeded as well. Saturn in the 2nd house simply shows that it's time to draw in the purse strings and take care of finances; that's all.
The Scorpio effect could be 'through another' rather than one's self, as your post implied. Be strict with the rules about costs and no running up debts; for clients as well as yourselves.

As Lin stated, it isn't only about money. There are other major transits and progressions going on in the chart. Saturn is associated with all kinds of pressure, from a gauge to fatigue to 'blowing a gasket', however that is taken. Cause breeds effect is very much a Saturn influence. As a highly charged and emotional individual who is aware of the effect of 'pressure', it will be important to keep a clear head and not allow thoughts of what might occur to take priority over proof through physical evidence regarding what is actually occuring. Both Jupiter and Saturn will soon positively influence natal Sun, effecting one's self expression. A 12th house Sun might actually find (something out about) itsself in a truly organisational, self-sufficient Virgo manner that will be of necessity in the future.

Don't let money be 'the root of all evil' where Scorpio is concerned and destroy rather than generate income.

Good luck.

caltron

may28gemini, I never thought of it that way but it makes perfect sense!

Frisiangirl, thank you so much for your detailed reply. You are so right when you mention my need to keep a clear head. I am so worried about tragedy and what "could" happen, I feel I am prone to do or say some things that might not be in our best interests in the long run. It is a comfort to know that if I make the necessary changes now, that all should be well in the end.

The problems I'm having now have been brewing for some time now. I read about my saturn transit months ago, and I dismissed it because I thought I could go along fine as I was. It's so interesting how these transits manifest. Now I'm at a point where I absolutely cannot ignore what's going on with my finances.

So I think I am going to work with my husband and take things step by step and try not to panic.

M

may28gemini

I think the theme for T Saturn in a succedent house is to "wait it out" slowly and carefully. I think there's little doing happening (unlike angular houses) and more to do with just being patient and taking steps very slowly. It feels as if you're slowly baking a turkey for a few years.

Angular houses are the strongest, succedent 2nd, and weakest is cadent.

The order of strongest to weakest angular houses are as follows: 1st, 10th, 7th, 4th
The order of strongest to weakest succedent houses are as follows: 11th, 5th, 2nd, 8th.
the order of strongest to weakest cadent houses are as follows: 9th, 3rd, 6th, 12th

Lin

Honey, I'm afraid you can't depend upon your husband to solve this issue, as he is part of the problem.
You're going to have to be more proactive yourself.
I think that opportunities for better jobs are coming.
This year, next year, ....in general.
I think you need to take control of your own life and finances, and not watch from the sidelines.
I think you will really be helped by the transits. This Saturn transits is pointing to the issues. It's up to you to take action.
LIN

caltron

Honey, I'm afraid you can't depend upon your husband to solve this issue, as he is part of the problem.
You're going to have to be more proactive yourself.
I think that opportunities for better jobs are coming.
This year, next year, ....in general.
I think you need to take control of your own life and finances, and not watch from the sidelines.
I think you will really be helped by the transits. This Saturn transits is pointing to the issues. It's up to you to take action.
LIN

Thanks so much for your insight Lin and that is very encouraging to hear. I actually just put in an application for a very promising job that just opened up a few days ago. If I get it, that would go a long way toward getting my finances in order. My qualifications match up perfectly for it and I got some glowing recommendations from some very influential people who work at the agency, so I am hopeful.

As for my hubby, you hit the nail right on the head. I love him but after this I know I can just put blind faith in him anymore when it comes to finances. Before he started this job, he had a very good paying job and I never had to worry about bills being paid on time, so I never thought this would be an issue. So yeah, this has been a huge wakeup call for me.

In the meantime, hubby has gotten a part time job to help pay off the debts and is looking for a small business loan for short term working capital. We also agreed that I would be more involved in the finances and what's going on with the bills.

One question though, you said that hubby is part of the problem?? Is that an indication that hubby is never going to get his business to be very profitable?