Moon Signs

sadique

Hi lovelies. I would like to know all your moon signs and
a)How much of an influence they have on your personality
b)Do others sense these characteristics in you
c)Does it affect your attraction to others
d)Placement in progression chart

I am a Leo moon and despite not having any confidence (Saturn rising) I have illusions of grandeur. SDometimes I think I'm too good for this earth (I know right, pride is a mofo)

I think it effects me introvertly as no one knows how creative I am but it's a major part of my psyche

I adore Leo's, I think they are soo cool (Edward Norton) even though I only know like 3 personally.

I will be a Virgo moon soon (eugh):wink:

byjove

Account Closed
Hi there!

I've Moon in Virgo (Cancer rising, so the Moon is stronger than normal because Cancer rising brings it to the front seat ). Family tell me that they see the Virgo Moon from a mile away. I'm known for the good and the bad; perfectionism, critical, analytical, hygiene-freak, I can over-think things, and I do worry incessantly about things sometimes...and when I'm worried, my stomach becomes delicate...and I simply don't eat until I'm calm again. So I've taken to Buddha Bar (calming oriental music) and camomile tea on such occasions!

My Virgo Moon is opposite my Pisces Venus, which adds an entirely different part to my character, and the Moon also squares Saturn, creating a T-square. Transiting Saturn conjunction my natal Moon was the worst transit ever a few years ago. :smile:

byjove

Account Closed
Hey ImNot,

I wonder do you swerve from intellectual to emotional in a big way? Something similar to Moon in Gemini? But, judging from how you express yourself here, I'd say mostly sticking to intellectualism. :sideways: In most house systems, my Moon in the 3rd of Virgo. Left brain, right brain, left...

brooke24

oh Byjove you are still a LEO MOON - despite that Saturn rising influence!!
:) Somehow I am not surprised you have a Leo moon - and that ties in with your question!

I have a libran moon and its the best fit for my personality. EVERYTHING about Libra moon is true for me - sometimes you see other signs that don't quite fit you and its most likely due to influences of something else in the chart. And yes whenever the 'star sign' discussion has cropped up with people - they always think i am a Libra. It colors me deeply. And its ironic as i do not come across as my rising sign but rather my moon sign.
Attraction to others? - i am attracted to refined, sophisticated, classy types - guys and girls. I really dislike rough types who swear, have little intellect and dirty humor. And the progressed moon is in virgo ..:)

byjove

Account Closed
oh Byjove you are still a LEO MOON - despite that Saturn rising influence!!
:) Somehow I am not surprised you have a Leo moon - and that ties in with your question!

I have a libran moon and its the best fit for my personality. EVERYTHING about Libra moon is true for me - sometimes you see other signs that don't quite fit you and its most likely due to influences of something else in the chart. And yes whenever the 'star sign' discussion has cropped up with people - they always think i am a Libra. It colors me deeply. And its ironic as i do not come across as my rising sign but rather my moon sign.
Attraction to others? - i am attracted to refined, sophisticated, classy types - guys and girls. I really dislike rough types who swear, have little intellect and dirty humor. And the progressed moon is in virgo ..:)

...Who, what, where?! Is that a trick question?! Tropical/Siddereal?! I've natal Virgo Moon and Cancer rising (Saturn no where near ASC) ... (scratches head to figure out what she meant :sideways::sideways::sideways:) I will trade you for your Libran Moon, or I'll take a Leo Moon if there's any in stock. Maybe you won't take my Moon...how about a Venus in Pisces? She's very popular, and I'll trade for a good price! lol.

I think you're referring to the thread-starter, Sadique?

Last edited:

brooke24

Oh sorry Byjove !!
I read the WRONG thread thinking you wrote it!! haha (the one above yours).
Well Virgo moon admittedly is not my favorite..however every Virgo moon person I've met has a superior intellect. Are you Virgo moon in Sidereal??

I am still Libra moon in sidereal..only at 4 degrees...so no Virgo for me :( !
I am Pisces sun (instead of aries) in sidereal with Aquarius rising/mercury etc..I am really not sure about sidereal..seems like both sidereal and tropical are accurate in their own ways.

Based purely on my opinion from many people I've met ..masculine moon people generally seem more 'out there', more liberal, more fun loving overall. All my friends are masculine moons..accept for two cappie moons!

I have never met a libra or leo moon person who was NOT glamorous or really charismatic in some way. Libra moons are always so lovely,sweet and gracious and Leo moons are stronger characters but much more endearing than sag or Aries moon types..who tend to be sarcastic, loud and lack refinement.

So overall I'm going with Leo, Libra, Taurus, Aquarius for the best moons..these people seem to be the friendliest, most accommodating people. Taurus moon in a different way..more conservative/quiet..but ever so endearing and placid.

Virgo moon I'm still on the fence..do you have trouble expressing your emotions? I know two girls with this moon and they are both extremely reserved, cautious ..fairly timid, but ever so polite.

Rebel Uranian

I have a Cancer moon but it's contra-parallel Uranus, so it's basically the same thing as having an Aqua moon I think, except even more tense/energized, just not in the actual zodiac degree. I think other people can tell this more easily than even I can. I'm almost always very sociable (except in scenarios/school where my 3rd house Saturn takes over.) Today I was in a huge room, and I was "wandering," and before I realized that I even wandered all the way over to a random group I was asking if I could use someone's iPad (I'm poor and can't afford any tech stuff even though I seem to be subconsciously obsessed with it.) One time there was this new kid and he was black and nobody seemed to like him (probably because of this) and he said he was sad because he had no friends and I declared myself his friend before I even fully realized. People think I'm a nonconformist or I secretly want to join the Peace Corps. when I'm not even trying to be rebellious or humanitarian. OK, I have a bunch of other Aqua. My mom said something along the lines of for the first few years of my life I wasn't even aware that people had emotions (I'll blame this on the heavy Air influence.) Sometimes I wish I did just have the straight up Cancer moon...

Last edited:

lazarusx

1st House Gemini Moon/Mercury/Jupiter conjunction.

a)How much of an influence they have on your personality

Huge influence; i feel 'everything' and im extremely sensitive to my environment, fortunately due to the conjunction i'm never to overwhelmed by my emotions.. but i love nothing more then expressing them through music and dancing.

b)Do others sense these characteristics in you

I would say yes; having my Moon in the first house it's hard for me to hide my emotions.. im very facially expressive, i actually find communicating through facial expressions conveys how i feel better then words ever could, i also use my hands alot when im talking to people..

c)Does it affect your attraction to others

Other's have viewed me as detached due to the heavy Gemini influence (All planets are in the Aquarius decan), which i feel also inhibits the flow of emotion; i can swing between deep emotion to cold rationality and that confuses some people. I've been trying to find a stable balance for years.

d)Placement in progression chart

My progressed Moon is currently in Aries, along with my progressed Sun in Leo.. so there's a lot of fiery attributes arising lately.

I have a Cancer moon but it's contra-parallel Uranus, so it's basically the same thing as having an Aqua moon I think, except even more tense/energized, just not in the actual zodiac degree. I think other people can tell this more easily than even I can. I'm almost always very sociable (except in scenarios/school where my 3rd house Saturn takes over.) My mom said something along the lines of for the first few years of my life I wasn't even aware that people had emotions (I'll blame this on the heavy Air influence.) Sometimes I wish I did just have the straight up Cancer moon...

Cancer moon will always been cancer moon even with contra parallel (suggesting opposition aspect) Do you worry? see cancer and virgo are what I call the two worriers of the zodiac. Are you close to mum? family members? do you like antiques, geneology? are you bit sulky/moody? The opp aspect does not hold tension like the conj or square. What other aspects does moon have?

ImNotThere9

Hey ImNot,

I wonder do you swerve from intellectual to emotional in a big way? Something similar to Moon in Gemini? But, judging from how you express yourself here, I'd say mostly sticking to intellectualism. :sideways: In most house systems, my Moon in the 3rd of Virgo. Left brain, right brain, left...

Hello, Jove. How are you doing?

I was about to finish my reply to this post when I made an err, and as a result the whole thing was expunged. Here are the brass tacks:

I had wrote something to the effect of there not being a conflict between the Moon & Mercury, as with this conjunction both are fruitfully combined rather than pitted as contending forces. Naturally my expression here is not identical to my expression in human form. We are merely shadows of ourselves when writing here, as few write as they speak. At friendly close quarters, it would be impracticable to speak with the formality that is of use writing here.
Those with the Moon in Gemini I have known have not had that burden of oscillation between emotion and intellect, their caprice being for the most part in the sphere of the intellect. Actually, I do not know one with this moon who is overly emotional. Though that reflects more my narrow exposure than an omnipresent fact of being.
By intellectualism do you mean only the use of the intellect, or is this some elect of philosophical persons? 0_o

In regard again to the Moon-Mercury conjunction, I still cannot think of any time in which I thought both forces were at odds.
I have many tensile aspects from Pluto, so although I am by norms in good humour, I can be dire in the loss of temper. And rage itself is an emotion, and not a part of the intellect per se. So I would say in the best possible scenario, a fruitful blending of both, or, in changing cases, either the extreme of intellect or the extreme of emotion. But when they do come as one, it is an harmonious union.

What I do notice of the conjunction is that it is difficult to speak purely out of emotion. Usually the speech is of the intellect oriented upon the emotion felt intensely, but before the time of articulation. In order to actually voice the emotion that must perforce be lent voice, there must be some dissociation from the emotion, if temporarily, to actually impart an accurate picture of its state before returning. I am afraid this might be slightly obscure. To illustrate, it is like being confronted with an alien language. It is at once incomprehensible, but if we move away from the language to a source of translation- a dictionary, say - it becomes clear for us, and then we return to the original language in clear terms. Some people mistake that for insincerity. When in the thrall of an intense emotion, rage or sorrow and otherwise, a stone weighs down the clear-speaking tongue, so the language of the intellect becomes obsolete, a mutual exclusion in a way.

Does the Moon, then, affect right- or left-brainedness?
And I sometimes wonder if the Moon-Mercury conjunction played any part in my being left-handed...

I would think that the third house accentuates the natural qualities of your Moon in Virgo.

Last edited:

Rebel Uranian

Cancer moon will always been cancer moon even with contra parallel (suggesting opposition aspect) Do you worry? see cancer and virgo are what I call the two worriers of the zodiac. Are you close to mum? family members? do you like antiques, geneology? are you bit sulky/moody? The opp aspect does not hold tension like the conj or square. What other aspects does moon have?

I don't worry, I'm a little distant from family members (especially my mom, who I can't communicate with because I tend to be rational about everything and she tends to just feel everything), I think antiques and genealogy are boring, and I'm not sulky or moody. The only other aspects the Moon has are a square to Mars, a square to Saturn, and an opposition from Mercury. Would that be enough? I still can't identify with Cancer Moon one bit :/

I don't worry, I'm a little distant from family members (especially my mom, who I can't communicate with because I tend to be rational about everything and she tends to just feel everything), I think antiques and genealogy are boring, and I'm not sulky or moody. The only other aspects the Moon has are a square to Mars, a square to Saturn, and an opposition from Mercury. Would that be enough? I still can't identify with Cancer Moon one bit :/
Well with these other aspects will seriously alter your moon's expressions.
Moon square mars = bossy mother
Moon square saturn = able to endure financial hardships, emotionally slow, cautious, reserved.
Moon opp mercury - do you have any sleep problems at all? just a bit of research, as I've seen hard aspects with these two seem to suggest problems.....
moon opp (contr para) uranus is early break with mother, relationships and on my divorce list...

Rebel Uranian

I have sleep problems. I have so many problems right now that I want to see a psychologist but between the financial issues and the fact that my parents want to think I'm perfect that's not happening. The last aspect sounds nice as of now, not all of it but part of it, because I want to leave my family, never ever come back, and not even bother starting a new family because every family is exactly the same and that's the point: familiarity, which = routine/same-old same-old which = :sleeping:. Also, I think the Moon would also be contra-parallel the Sun...

Last edited:
I have sleep problems. I have so many problems right now that I want to see a psychologist but between the financial issues and the fact that my parents want to think I'm perfect that's not happening. The last aspect sounds nice as of now, not all of it but part of it, because I want to leave my family, never ever come back, and not even bother starting a new family because every family is exactly the same and that's the point: familiarity, which = routine/same-old same-old which = :sleeping:. Also, I think the Moon would also be contra-parallel the Sun...

I think your family is what YOU create it to be when you have made the break. I have moon square uranus and left home on my 16th birthday....never looked back..

MJ82

I'm a Libra moon (8th house) and I definitely think it's left its mark on me. I am very (too?) diplomatic sometimes, though I will take a position on serious issues, personal or otherwise. I also have a Libra stellium, so I'm sure it is noticeable.

I don think my rising sign (Aquarius) is very present in my personality as well though, but that may be because I also have Mercury in Aquarius in the 1st house and Venus there... :wink:

Rebel Uranian

_If_ I ever decide to, I'll make it much better than mine was. The amount of hard aspects to my Moon is insane. It's the same with my brother's Moon (which I am a little jealous of if you have seen his chart because it is in Aquarius, except it's square Mars in Scorpio) so it's at least we all got treated almost equally...

Edit: Should I consider myself an honorary Cap moon or what else?

Last edited:
I'm a Libra moon (8th house) and I definitely think it's left its mark on me. I am very (too?) diplomatic sometimes, though I will take a position on serious issues, personal or otherwise. I also have a Libra stellium, so I'm sure it is noticeable.

I don think my rising sign (Aquarius) is very present in my personality as well though, but that may be because I also have Mercury in Aquarius in the 1st house and Venus there... :wink:

I'm 1' Aquarius rising. do you talk a lot? when you talk about a topic you 'should' know it inside out and can talk with authority. do you like freedom and independence? of course it willl add a stubborn streak :smile: