Analyzing Charisma

astro11

Here is an interesting article about charisma:

http://www.oprah.com/spirit/The-Science-Behind-Charisma-and-Confidence/1

It says that charisma has 3 main ingredients: expressiveness, control and sensitivity. Expressiveness would be Mercury and sensitivity the Moon.
It seems that that a lot of what charismatic people have in common is the ability to confidently and enthusiastically communicate their ideas combined with understanding other people's emotions and conveying that understanding through their own body language and expressions. In that sense, charisma might not be so subjective after all because if you don't have these traits, it would be very hard to capture an audience.

dioskouris

Account Closed
It shouldn't be too hard to determine some factors in Charisma. But.... to do that we would first need to compile a list of at least 15 people who clearly have charisma.

The Envelopes please....

Right. I've been looking through some people and right off the top of my head I notice the Mars Neptune contact, importance of Mercury contacts, ASC contacts, and the royal fixed stars. I'll probably come back with those I've looked at later, but that's just off the top of my head.

Another thing I've noticed too is how prominent the theme of the chart is. For example, a chart that is a bit scattered doesn't really generate a very powerful charisma, typically. But a chart that has a very strong theme in, such in healing, might give that person charisma as a healer (where as if he were to try to be a politician, even though he may possible be charismatic, he would be overshadowed by other charismatic personas with a chart theme for public life). But that's my thought so far, still working through it

Last edited:

dioskouris

Account Closed
@astro11

I feel like that is about "American Charisma", or the sort of extroverted charisma one is taught at business seminars. I've seen people who are considered very charismatic but are rude, insensitive to others, antisocial,, not very expressive, highly introverted, etc. Yet when they walk into a room they suck everything up and people pay attention. Of course they later on learn how to use it and not look like a complete idiot with all the attention, but there seems to be something about them that, no matter the fact that they lack all the social skills, even if they grew up among animals, they still have an 'energy' about them that I'm yet to see any psychologist accurately describe. I was hoping astrology could help determine that.

Mandy

Here you go. This is the chart of my ex (can you tell he has a drug problem?). True hustler, gangster raised in the hood (through and through), a boy's boy, fresh to death, walks into a bar full of snooty middle class people/BBQ full of hood people, everyone looks. He meets you once you never forget him. Trend setter, open, completely effortless charisma any time of day.

Attachments

• B.jpg
    B.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

IWDWSWLM

Sometimes people get attention just because they are physically attractive and that alone gives the perception of charisma. And if one is accustomed to being catered to because of good looks, that will often translate into a lot of self confidence and perceived charisma.

dioskouris

Account Closed
Sometimes people get attention just because they are physically attractive and that alone gives the perception of charisma. And if one is accustomed to being catered to because of good looks, that will often translate into a lot of self confidence and perceived charisma.

True. Often when I hear about "charisma" it is described as a quality a person has that allows them to say anything and people just follow, in awe. Hence this gives them "leadership qualities" that non-charismatic people don't have. Paris Hilton is charismatic, yet I have a hard time imagining her in leadership positions. Whenever I think of her "taking charge" of a group of people, it plays in my mind as a joke. Yet if she were to walk into any room, she would definitely hold people's attention. Even Michael Jackson, supremely charismatic... but also a hard time imagining him as a leader, even with the military styled uniform. These people, however, especially Michael Jackson are what I would call "influential", this is perhaps the only real consistency among charismatic people... however, influence does not equal leadership. You can work to attain leadership positions, but you can't work to gain true influence.
One may think that being a leader is influential enough, but some, or most, leaders are just not influential at all. Leading is just a job, and the office itself may give them a certain air (in the same way you say pulchritude would), but they didn't take it with them. I'm sure you could think of presidents and PMs who were either leaders/influencers/both. It's the reason why some "leaders" will employ the services of influential people (i.e. celebrities) to boost their ratings, while for some politicians, they are their own celebrity. Think Obama, the Clintons, these are influential leaders often used by other leaders to "influence" the vote. Reagan has been dead for how many years now, he is not leading anyone anywhere from the grave, yet conservatives still use his image and voice to "influence" voters.

So perhaps influence is the word. I will have to think of it some more, as it just came to me as I was typing this lol.

Last edited:

dioskouris

Account Closed
Here you go. This is the chart of my ex (can you tell he has a drug problem?). True hustler, gangster raised in the hood (through and through), a boy's boy, fresh to death, walks into a bar full of snooty middle class people/BBQ full of hood people, everyone looks. He meets you once you never forget him. Trend setter, open, completely effortless charisma any time of day.

Would be interesting to see some fixed stars.

BTW I have no idea how to properly analyze charisma for a chart (hence the thread). I will look at this though, but I don't promise anything.

What are you thoughts though?

Mandy

Would be interesting to see some fixed stars.

BTW I have no idea how to properly analyze charisma for a chart (hence the thread). I will look at this though, but I don't promise anything.

What are you thoughts though?

I'd probably go with Uranus/Asc opposition. It's kind of electricuting. Secondary to that he is tall, confident, walks slowly, deliberately. His Leo moon and Taurus ascendant makes him appear alpha in an earthly quality. People seem to want to wear it. With the ascendent ruler in Pisces, part of this grand trine, its like it dissolves the boundaries and they succeed. People in his company unwittingly start to channel him, his talk, his animations, which with the Uranus opposition are quite unique in nature. But interestingly, everyone likes him (even though he is not too good of a person). That is unusual as unique people are often confronted by social resistance.

Last edited: