Gayatri Mantra releasing negative energy?

retinoid

I've learned to say the Gayatri Mantra in the original format. And as I was saying it today my hands started moving (without me thinking to do so) rubbing my forehead in circles and my stomach then my genitals lol...anyway I know they are the chakras. I had a lot of sexual energy after which I went to exercise, but then I felt a lot of 'negativity' and anxious. I KNOW this was due to the mantra, but I wonder if it is 'releasing' the negativity already stored in my energy field? Would crystals help to direct the energy into them? I ask this on the vedic board since most people wouldn't know the gayatri mantra. Thanks!

Om Bhoor Buvah Svah
Tat Savitur Varen-ee-um
BHargo devas-ya dee ma-he
Dee Yo Yo nah prah-cho-die-aht

retinoid

I will do this Mantra like this : Om or better is Aum

Omm BhoorBhuvah svah
Tats Vitur vareni-um
Bhargo devasy-dhee-ma-he
Dhee yo yo nah pracho da yat

May be because of negativity in your body or feelings at the time of matntra, but gradually it will form an aura around your body. Its a very strong and positive mantra

Link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDnamSM3Z3s

I say it that way I was just spelling it the way it is pronounced. Like Prachodayyat is pronounced as Prah-cho-die-aht . I think it is clearing negativity. I meditated and I asked 'myself' and I felt that doing this for 3 days, clearing my chakras with crystals and eating a lot of fruits and vegetables and exercising will help with a purification process that I need. Along with positive thinking...the gayatri mantra seems to be 'loosening' the bad energy up inside me.

retinoid

English speakers here is how you say the gayatri mantra:

Ahhhmmm
Boor Boo-vah svah-ha
Tat Sav-uh-tour Varen-e-um
Bargo Dayvas-yah dee-mah-he
Dee-yo-yo nah prah-cho-die-aht

Took me a lot of time to be able to figure out it

Last edited:

Arianruler

This is EXACTLY what happens when you chant the Gayatri Mantra!!!!!!!!

I was told to chant it by an astrologer so i decided to do it.. the first time i did it i felt really strange.. in a sick kind of way.. it was just too much to handle! so i decided to research the mantra and after reading few religious websites and after getting told by a priest i realised what blunder i did by chanting it!

Apparently, this mantra was cursed and locked by a Sage some hundreds and hundreds of years ago and so if you ever wish to chant it, you first need to unlock it by doing some rituals and only then it becomes safe for a person to chant it.... yeAH i know sounds bizzarre but a lot of people agree with this... no wonder why it is such a powerful mantra!

I am too scared to chant it again now... lol

Bina

The Gayatri Mantra is one of the most powerful mantras, it can clear negativity, open you spiritually, also protect you from harm. :smile:

retinoid

This is EXACTLY what happens when you chant the Gayatri Mantra!!!!!!!!

I was told to chant it by an astrologer so i decided to do it.. the first time i did it i felt really strange.. in a sick kind of way.. it was just too much to handle! so i decided to research the mantra and after reading few religious websites and after getting told by a priest i realised what blunder i did by chanting it!

Apparently, this mantra was cursed and locked by a Sage some hundreds and hundreds of years ago and so if you ever wish to chant it, you first need to unlock it by doing some rituals and only then it becomes safe for a person to chant it.... yeAH i know sounds bizzarre but a lot of people agree with this... no wonder why it is such a powerful mantra!

I am too scared to chant it again now... lol

Not really sure just one man hundreds of years ago could curse a mantra that is thousands of years old (as old as the pyramids or older) and is written in the Vedas and blessed there. Just my opinion...

Shanti

It's a mantra that have many spiritual beneficial effects.

One effect is that it increases the solar force in the system. It can be used as a mantra for the sun if it's weak in the chart in some way.

It's also a mantra that is good for astrologers as it increases the solar intuitive insights of the mind.
B.V. Raman the famous astrologer who predicted the world war very accurately by help of intuition, used this mantra a lot, as told in his very interesting autobiography.

Myself I have used it occasionally and liked the feeling and effect it gives.

I learned it some 15 years ago at a yogic retreat that did focus on prana vidya. A technique that works with the prana and much with the right solar channel in the spine ( Pingala nadi).
We chanted this mantra everyday. Since then it have stuck. I use it sometimes in the morning when going out on my balcony and greets the sun in the morning. I believe indians like to use it greeting the sun standing in the Ganges in the dawn looking at the sun going up.
(Maybe romantisised image from me lol).

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hello,

Mantra's are usually said as greetings to the Almighty, where you address Him, and, often (as is the case with us humans), ask Him for help. Going by this, I don't really think that a human being can harm the good effects of a Mantra that actually addresses the Almighty. And, IMO, if you say something with devotion to Him, nothing can harm you because He knows the intention, and He will protect you, rest assured. No sage's wrath can be greater than Him and His blessings.

:)AQ7

retinoid

Yes I know the mantra (and my subsequent rubbing of the 'chakras' while chanting it something which I didn't conscious decide to do) caused emotional stress. Since I have accumulated a lot of self created negative energy, and unable to help through it, the mantra has helped so far today to make things a lot lighter. And yes, my intuition is more directed.

Shanti: my sun is the WEAKEST 'planet' in my chart with the Moon being extremely strong (with Jupiter). So this is probably good for me due to my severely weak Sun.

Shanti

Yes I know the mantra (and my subsequent rubbing of the 'chakras' while chanting it something which I didn't conscious decide to do) caused emotional stress. Since I have accumulated a lot of self created negative energy, and unable to help through it, the mantra has helped so far today to make things a lot lighter. And yes, my intuition is more directed.

Shanti: my sun is the WEAKEST 'planet' in my chart with the Moon being extremely strong (with Jupiter). So this is probably good for me due to my severely weak Sun.

That's great. It is good to allow oneself to be guided by one's intuition ultimately and doing the techniques one is drawn to by the feeling in one's heart. This mantra may be good for you in your life, and as an aid in astrology too increasing intuition.

Vedic astrologers chants planetary mantras for the planets regularly too, as a way to attune to the planets and increasing astrological efficiancy and accuracy.

:happy: