How Aquarians relate to other zodiac signs

Lykanized

You interest her. I should have added she has Sun in Aquarius.

Oh yeah I remember another thread discussing Aquarians and the classic disappearing act before. Sounds like pop astrology, but I do think it has water to it

What do you mean interest her? She just thinks I'm aggressive and love dominating people

Last edited:

david starling

Oh yeah I remember another thread discussing Aquarians and the classic disappearing act before. Sounds like pop astrology, but I do think it has water to it

What do you mean interest her? She just thinks I'm aggressive and love dominating people

You showed her your Chart in that thread about cheating death.

Lykanized

Lykanized, have you studied martial arts? I think you'd make an excellent self-defense instructor.
Tbh I don't think I'd make a very good instructor of any sort because I've very little patience. But I love martial arts and have been looking for one I can afford in my area that I also feel a kinship too. I've loved martial arts since I was a child

Thanks for the suggestion. I really could probably use the study of a martial art to channel my energy

Last edited:

david starling

Just thought of a joke: Pediatricians are known for having little patients.

I studied Aikido, and loved it. What I learned has stayed with me. Don't know what I'd do without it.

Lykanized

Just thought of a joke: Pediatricians are known for having little patients.

I studied Aikido, and loved it. What I learned has stayed with me. Don't know what I'd do without it.
I hope the forum Nazi doesn't mind us deviating a little into this. If so, I'll bring it to DMs

Many things draw me to martial arts...I have a love of anything ancient, I love the aesthetics, and I won't lie, I love the raw, bestial feeling of fighting and maybe I need something like that, but I also love the philosophy of them. The power aspect draws me to them too, power that can take others by surprise and perhaps may confound them. The first martial art that drew me in was ninjutsu. The espionage and psychological warfare aspects definitely fascinated me. But since i'm very artsy, I love aesthetics too. Capoeira isn't technically a martial art, but it was originally used to covertly train in fighting for slaves. It's very musical, very beautiful, very much about connection between people and I love that for very different reasons than the reasons I love more philosophical Eastern arts, or very brutal more Americanized arts

What did you learn with Aikido besides that physical aspects of course? I know with Eastern arts there's very heavy and significant philosophy

And also lol at your dad joke

Last edited:

david starling

I hope the forum Nazi doesn't mind us deviating a little into this. If so, I'll bring it to DMs

Many things draw me to martial arts...I have a love of anything ancient, I love the aesthetics, and I won't lie, I love the raw, bestial feeling of fighting and maybe I need something like that, but I also love the philosophy of them. The power aspect draws me to them too, power that can take others by surprise and perhaps may confound them. The first martial art that drew me in was ninjutsu. The espionage and psychological warfare aspects definitely fascinated me. But since i'm very artsy, I love aesthetics too. Capoeira isn't technically a martial art, but it was originally used to covertly train in fighting for slaves. It's very musical, very beautiful, very much about connection between people and I love that for very different reasons than the reasons I love more philosophical Eastern arts, or very brutal more Americanized arts

What did you learn with Aikido besides that physical aspects of course? I know with Eastern arts there's very heavy and significant philosophy

And also lol at your dad joke

I learned my center of gravity. Really learned it. Also, how to move without fighting gravity.

david starling

An instructor came over to me during practice once, and said "You're learning the techniques very quickly. But, you still think you're fighting someone."

david starling

Was there any philosophy involved too?

Granted, as a writer, gravity is a potent symbol

They told us not to seek out the philosophy. It would find us when we were ready for it. Also, it's not how far along you are that matters, it's the journey itself. And, it's all about the flow of energy, "Ki". The Chinese call it "Chi". Sounds trite until you experience it yourself.

Lykanized

They told us not to seek out the philosophy. It would find us when we were ready for it. Also, it's not how far along you are that matters, it's the journey itself. And, it's all about the flow of energy, "Ki". The Chinese call it "Chi". Sounds trite until you experience it yourself.
Nah, doesn't sound trite. Aikido may be something for me to look into... Given that I'm not very patient, I'm very unforgiving with myself, and I have trouble just going with the energy of life, maybe it really is something for me to seriously consider
Thank you david starling. I think I might be in love with you :devil::devil::devil:

hesperides

Obviously a sun-sign is important, but really, if you want to know how compatible you are with someone, you have to do the synastry, which is a lot more complex.

My sun, Mercury, and Venus are in Aquarius, with my sun trine my Uranus-MC conjunction. One thing I've heard from most Aquarians is that we do need our space. This might get modified somewhat with a Cancer moon and/or a bunch of watery planets; but by-and-large we don't do well with emotional suffocation or drama queen (or king) people. Aquarius is an air sign, so our approach to life is more mental.

I don't post my precise birth data out of privacy concerns. Even if you post an anonymized chart, it's fairly simple to locate your birth date and time. A really clever astrologer can also get your birth location off your MC. I occasionally post what I call my "close enough" chart.

My partner is an independent and freedom-loving Aquarius. I was able to pick up on this within the first month of getting to know him and I gave him space and did not act overly-dependent or "clingy" because I knew that would push him further away from me.

He confirmed my believe when he said to me it was never a chore to go out to meet me and be with me and it never felt forced. I think giving him his freedom and space helped our rapport. :joyful:

Libra sun!

Lykanized

I still find it curious one of the Aquarius's I was involved with would basically act cold if showed him attention, but then when I ignored him as I assumed that was what he wanted, he actually became clingy himself. Aquarians are some odd creatures

hesperides

The other thing I notice about Aquarians is that they're a lot more sensitive than they let on. On the surface, they seem aloof, but internally, they're squishy as hell. Since Cancers are very perceptive and intuitive, it strains a relationship when we can see such truths and will act accordingly to them, but the Aquarian is in denial
Cancers are very much the opposite where we seem more sensitive than we actually are. Since we deal with the emotional tides of the moon and ocean daily, we're very strong emotional creatures

I can definitely vouch for this. I'm Libra. My best friend and former partner was a true-blue Cancer. He was very emotional and sensitive and he would never hide this. He wouldn't shy away from expressing his most tender feelings with me of what he'd seen throughout the day, like a mother nursing her child, always his thoughts and feelings were sweet like honey. His emotional world was so fertile but it's also because I welcomed it and he felt safe and he trusted enough to be himself.

Aquarius can be emotional, but I think it's a different kind of sensitivity. Cancer is the kind of emotion a mother shows to a child, it's empathetic and nurturing. I think Aquarius has a love for ideals and humanity. The whole emotional aspect of life is almost martian to an air sign, especially Aquarius. They're aware they have strong feelings, but we as air signs intellectualize our emotions more than really feel them...which can be messy! I think this is where you run into problems with air signs. We can be wishy washy.

CapAquaPis

Aquarians cannot relate to anyone with an Aries/Virgo and Leo/Pisces (either sun or moon) combination. Aries/Virgo people are best in communication and public service careers, while Leo/Pisces people are great in acting and sports. This isn't bad if I end up with a girlfriend or wife who's a nurse, police officer or school teacher; or an actress, singer and writer, except personalities may clash. The best match for me is a Libra/Pisces (air sign with winter group sign), and the worst match to avoid is Aries/Scorpio (both ruled by hot and angry Mars).

waybread

You really need to look at the degrees. Consider that within two signs of the same element, in synastry you might get a happy trine of 120 degrees or a stressful sesqui-quadrate of 145 degrees.

david starling

Aquarians cannot relate to anyone with an Aries/Virgo and Leo/Pisces (either sun or moon) combination. Aries/Virgo people are best in communication and public service careers, while Leo/Pisces people are great in acting and sports. This isn't bad if I end up with a girlfriend or wife who's a nurse, police officer or school teacher; or an actress, singer and writer, except personalities may clash. The best match for me is a Libra/Pisces (air sign with winter group sign), and the worst match to avoid is Aries/Scorpio (both ruled by hot and angry Mars).

Just to mention, I see the Asc as exalted in :cancer:.
And, the Moon exalted in :aquarius:.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Back to about generations under a certain sign (not just the placement of the ruler planet Uranus), every 9 years (almost a decade) a generation is under a certain sign. The generation born between 1946-55 is Aquarian by nature while their opposites would be the one born from 2000-09 under the sign Leo.

1946-55 Aquarius, 1955-64 Pisces, 1964-73 Aries, 1973-82 Taurus (I was born in 1980), 1982-91 Gemini, 1991-2000 Cancer, 2000-09 Leo and 2009-18 (who are currently young children) are Virgo, while 2018-27 (the next generation to come) will be under Libra.

Earlier generations: 1937-46 Capricorn, 1928-37 Sagittarius, 1919-28 scorpio, 1910-19 first Libra and 1901-10 are last Virgo (they are generally gone, while the latter one is mostly dead). Seems to be the peak of the generational cycle are Aquarius, while the lowest point would be Leo (oddly, the sign ruled by the Sun).

Lykanized

I can definitely vouch for this. I'm Libra. My best friend and former partner was a true-blue Cancer. He was very emotional and sensitive and he would never hide this. He wouldn't shy away from expressing his most tender feelings with me of what he'd seen throughout the day, like a mother nursing her child, always his thoughts and feelings were sweet like honey. His emotional world was so fertile but it's also because I welcomed it and he felt safe and he trusted enough to be himself.

Aquarius can be emotional, but I think it's a different kind of sensitivity. Cancer is the kind of emotion a mother shows to a child, it's empathetic and nurturing. I think Aquarius has a love for ideals and humanity. The whole emotional aspect of life is almost martian to an air sign, especially Aquarius. They're aware they have strong feelings, but we as air signs intellectualize our emotions more than really feel them...which can be messy! I think this is where you run into problems with air signs. We can be wishy washy.
With my sun and mercury in the 11th, I can relate too to the Aquarian love of ideals and humanity. Sometimes it feels odd because I'll bounce between intellectualization and the need to surrender myself and let myself feel my emotions to their fullest

I know that's a bit away from the conversation...

There was another Aquarius I knew and we really hit it off. We had a mutual interest in each others' minds, he saw mine as something beautiful and I was fascinated by his. He was also a Cancer moon, tho. The odd thing was that he was a lot more needy(not in a bad way, I found it refreshing he was so open even if it could get overwhelming) than I was and that's coming from a woman in her 20s to a man in his 30s