Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!


View Poll Results: Introvert or Extrovert?
Extrovert 6 20.69%
Introvert 23 79.31%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 06-15-2016, 08:25 PM
Blaze's Avatar
Blaze Blaze is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 9,657
Introvert or Extrovert?

Greetings again fellow star gazers! T'is I, the infamous Blaze with another question and poll, this one is simple.

Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

I'm mostly an introvert, though I have moments of extroversion.

Feel free to answer above and please list your Sun, Asc and Moon sign below!

Or don't and just vote...

__________________
"..."
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Dubyadude1986 (07-13-2016)
  #2  
Unread 06-15-2016, 10:08 PM
tenacapcious's Avatar
tenacapcious tenacapcious is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Countryside
Posts: 62
Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

I'm introverted in the sense that I need more time to recharge alone than most others, after even the smallest amount of socializing. I've been told this unsolicited, because I would've never thought of this difference between me and others, on my own. I'm probably more subjective than most. I prefer solo hobbies. I work best alone or on tasks I can complete alone. I don't know the feeling of loneliness. I have a rich inner life and have very little need for outer stimulation. Wow, that doesn't look good in writing. I can actually get along with most people and more people seem to like me, than I seem to like others, genuinely; sorry!

Sun/Moon/Mercury conj. in Capricorn. Libra Asc.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tenacapcious For This Useful Post:
Blaze (06-15-2016)
  #3  
Unread 06-15-2016, 11:48 PM
animatedoodle animatedoodle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 481
Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

This one is kind of difficult.

Because I absorb energy from people and it's somewhat reflective (Moon in Pisces) if I'm around introverts, I'm more of the extrovert, if I'm around extroverts, I'm more of an introvert. It's weird...




TAU SUN AQUA ASC
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to animatedoodle For This Useful Post:
Blaze (06-15-2016)
  #4  
Unread 06-16-2016, 12:04 AM
Blaze's Avatar
Blaze Blaze is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 9,657
Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

Excellent posts, peoples! Wonderful.

@Capious- No need to apologize for being who you are! Unless you were a serial killer then...

@Doodle- Ha, your Aquarian asc is in full gear here. Being weird is normal for ye.


C'mon folks! Don't be shy, stop on in and say hi!
__________________
"..."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 06-16-2016, 12:09 AM
animatedoodle animatedoodle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 481
Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Excellent posts, peoples! Wonderful.

@Capious- No need to apologize for being who you are! Unless you were a serial killer then...

@Doodle- Ha, your Aquarian asc is in full gear here. Being weird is normal for ye.


C'mon folks! Don't be shy, stop on in and say hi!
I voted introvert. Since most of my friends are extroverts.

I thought you hated yellow....
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to animatedoodle For This Useful Post:
Kitchy (06-16-2016)
  #6  
Unread 06-16-2016, 12:41 AM
Blaze's Avatar
Blaze Blaze is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 9,657
Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

Quote:
Originally Posted by animatedoodle View Post
I voted introvert. Since most of my friends are extroverts.

I thought you hated yellow....
You're special though. You should make up your own type. Label it "Innertroextroverted".

Just trying to draw people in...heard yellow really garbs the eye.
__________________
"..."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 06-16-2016, 01:15 AM
Kitchy Kitchy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Wild Wild West
Posts: 2,097
Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

How do you spell extrovert?

Sun Aquarius 7th
Moon Gemini 11th
Leo Ascendant


A friend once told me, "you could have a conversation with a fence post and the fence post would be engaged with the conversation"


Last edited by Kitchy; 06-16-2016 at 01:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kitchy For This Useful Post:
Blaze (06-16-2016)
  #8  
Unread 06-16-2016, 01:37 AM
Blaze's Avatar
Blaze Blaze is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 9,657
Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
How do you spell extrovert?

Sun Aquarius 7th
Moon Gemini 11th
Leo Ascendant


A friend once told me, "you could have a conversation with a fence post and the fence post would be engaged with the conversation"

Lots of masculine energy flowing around there, Kitch.

That joke though. Had me laughing, hahahaha.
__________________
"..."

Last edited by Blaze; 06-16-2016 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Illuminati stuff
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 06-16-2016, 05:35 AM
Blaze's Avatar
Blaze Blaze is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 9,657
Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

Es ist gut, ein paar viele Introvertierte auf hier zu sehen. Ich vermutete, dass dies der Fall die ganze Zeit aber sein.

Weiter Entsendung, Genossen.
__________________
"..."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 06-16-2016, 12:31 PM
haidee's Avatar
haidee haidee is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 465
Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

I'd vote, but you left out ambiverts.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 06-16-2016, 02:22 PM
StarGazerGirl's Avatar
StarGazerGirl StarGazerGirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 121
Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

I'm introverted to the max unless I'm at I'm at a party with good music and all that counts is dancing or if I'm at karaoke where I'm the opposite of introverted and have been known to take the mic from people.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 06-16-2016, 02:27 PM
RaRohini RaRohini is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,017
Hi !

Sun Merc Saturn in Gemini 3rd..
Jupiter Aqua 11th.


Broadcaster..😃😃
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RaRohini For This Useful Post:
Kitchy (06-16-2016)
  #13  
Unread 06-16-2016, 06:21 PM
MissCapricorn's Avatar
MissCapricorn MissCapricorn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Hungary
Posts: 61
Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

I'm very-very introverted which is a misunderstood thing, temperament or personality type - I don't know how call it correctly, but you'll know what I want express...
People around me never able to understand that this is not arrogance or antisocial behaviour. Just exists people who are love to be alone with themselves sometimes... Others often think me as fool or freak because of this and they take offense. The fact that you don't like to go in partys and that a bigger company could be tiring for you, this is impossible in the mind of some people... At least as I experienced this. Respect for the exception, of course!

- Cap Sun, Aqua ASC, Sag Moon
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissCapricorn For This Useful Post:
Capricorn2616 (06-26-2016), tenacapcious (09-29-2016)
  #14  
Unread 06-18-2016, 02:22 AM
sibylline's Avatar
sibylline sibylline is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 2,233
Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

Introvert playing extrovert. Pisces Sun in 8th house square Sagittarius Moon in 5th house trine Leo Rising. And Mercury in Aquarius sextile Moon. The Moon, Mercury and Ascendant are in cahoots yet could not overcome the Sun who, admittedly, has help from Venus.

I think I confuse people because I am other-focused, but while I would love focus on outer activities, I live in my head and I find long stretches of engagement completely exhausting. Also, too many people think being introverted means you're shy or lack social skills, and while that could be the case, it isn't necessary.

Last edited by sibylline; 06-18-2016 at 02:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sibylline For This Useful Post:
MissCapricorn (06-18-2016), StillOne (06-18-2016), tenacapcious (09-29-2016)
  #15  
Unread 06-18-2016, 02:30 AM
StillOne's Avatar
StillOne StillOne is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Coastal Mountains
Posts: 2,594
Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

It's a great question because I don't think it's that clear cut. I think it can also be situational. It can be for me anyway. When I'm in more comfortable company, I can be much much more extroverted (Cancer Rising you wouldn't think so but it's Cardinal). Also a very dominant Libra Gemini combo provides a lot of potential for communicating. However, I certainly feel more introverted: Moon in 12th house, more planets below horizon, Merc in Scorpio etc.

Last edited by StillOne; 07-15-2016 at 11:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StillOne For This Useful Post:
MissCapricorn (06-18-2016)
  #16  
Unread 06-18-2016, 02:39 AM
Kitchy Kitchy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Wild Wild West
Posts: 2,097
Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

Are you an innie or an outtie?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kitchy For This Useful Post:
MissCapricorn (06-18-2016)
  #17  
Unread 06-18-2016, 03:03 AM
graay ghost's Avatar
graay ghost graay ghost is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,480
Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

I'm not sure. I'm just extremely socially anxious.

I like to be around people but I don't often say much. Sometimes I don't even look like I'm paying attention. People tend to forget that I'm there and listening... they're uncomfortable when they suddenly see me and when I remember what they say.

Taurus asc, Cancer sun, Capricorn moon.
__________________
Reading a chart (or tea leaves or chicken entrails or whathaveyou) is a very different act than reading a book. When someone reads a book, the author had a particular intent that the reader is supposed to pick up on. The main message you get from reading stars is "neener neener" because otherwise they would have made themselves easier to read.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to graay ghost For This Useful Post:
MissCapricorn (06-18-2016)
  #18  
Unread 06-22-2016, 09:08 AM
Bunraku's Avatar
Bunraku Bunraku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 4,460
Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

Extrovert. I spend a lot of time alone.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 06-24-2016, 12:04 AM
Blaze's Avatar
Blaze Blaze is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 9,657
Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

Lots of good posts here. Questions below,

@Hazy- What's an ambivert? I'm guessing it's the middle ground where one can either be both introvert and extrovert? I'll add it to the poll.

@Bunraku- Would you say you're an ambivert then? Unless alone time gets tiresome and you recharge by interacting with others.

@Sibby- I agree with that last statement. While I am introverted, I do not lack social skills. Quite the contrary in fact and it's probably due to all my Gemini energy. I'll be the lifeblood of a party one day, but I'll disappear for a week afterward. Doing that drains me. Do all your friends think you an extrovert?

@GG- So perhaps you're an ambivert?
__________________
"..."
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 06-24-2016, 12:07 AM
Blaze's Avatar
Blaze Blaze is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 9,657
Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

Well now.....I've no idea on how to add to polls or if that is even allowed. Huh. I guess we're stuck with two options for now.

I AM SUCH A FAILURE.

Forgive me cruel world.
__________________
"..."
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 06-24-2016, 03:51 AM
sibylline's Avatar
sibylline sibylline is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 2,233
Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
@Sibby- I agree with that last statement. While I am introverted, I do not lack social skills. Quite the contrary in fact and it's probably due to all my Gemini energy. I'll be the lifeblood of a party one day, but I'll disappear for a week afterward. Doing that drains me. Do all your friends think you an extrovert?
No, my friends know me. Acquaintances, however, yes. They never believe me when I say I'm introverted. They think it is the most ridiculous thing they've ever heard.

@the bolded, sounds like me. My 5th house Moon and Leo say hello to yours.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sibylline For This Useful Post:
Blaze (06-24-2016), MissCapricorn (06-24-2016)
  #22  
Unread 06-25-2016, 11:57 PM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 14,624
Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

I'd say I'm an ambivert.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 06-26-2016, 09:09 AM
Capricorn2616's Avatar
Capricorn2616 Capricorn2616 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 147
Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacapcious View Post
I'm introverted in the sense that I need more time to recharge alone than most others, after even the smallest amount of socializing. I've been told this unsolicited, because I would've never thought of this difference between me and others, on my own. I'm probably more subjective than most. I prefer solo hobbies. I work best alone or on tasks I can complete alone. I don't know the feeling of loneliness. I have a rich inner life and have very little need for outer stimulation. Wow, that doesn't look good in writing. I can actually get along with most people and more people seem to like me, than I seem to like others, genuinely; sorry!

Sun/Moon/Mercury conj. in Capricorn. Libra Asc.
I have Sun and Mercury in Capricorn with a Libra Ascendant and feel the same most of the time. But with my moon in Cancer I'm probably more emo than you. I am very selective about who I like to be around too.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 06-26-2016, 11:42 AM
haidee's Avatar
haidee haidee is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 465
Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
@Hazy- What's an ambivert? I'm guessing it's the middle ground where one can either be both introvert and extrovert? I'll add it to the poll.
You answered your own question.
I've once labelled myself as an introvert, but that's not really the truth.
People deem me as a shy person and therefore introverted, but those are two different things.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 06-26-2016, 01:21 PM
duenderoja's Avatar
duenderoja duenderoja is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 1,138
Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

Introvert=gains energy from being alone.
Extrovert=gains energy from people.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to duenderoja For This Useful Post:
AriesIntrovert (07-13-2016), Kitchy (06-26-2016), Stellium6th (06-29-2016), tenacapcious (11-08-2017)
Reply

Tags
extroverted, introverted, where_do, you_reside

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.