Chiron in Taurus

R4VEN

OK, so those of you who already know me may be aware that I am a trifle obsessed with Chiron. I make no apologies for that. I'm interested in how Chiron in Taurus manifests for the `new' generation of those who have this placement - i.e. those born June`76 - April`84.

The previous generation born with Chiron in Taurus were born July`26 - March`34, and these people experienced the financial and social limitations of the Great Depression of the 1930's, closely followed by World War 2. Both cataclysmic events occurred before the oldest of this generation had reached the age of 20, so it's fair to surmise that their view of life on earth was powerfully moulded by these events. Business people and entrepreneurs born during this time have tended to be obsessive builders and accumulators - Rupert Murdoch was born in 1931 - how many networks does one man need?????
A friend of mine's mother was born during this time, and my friend said that she once counted 77 dresses in her mother's wardrobe :crying: - and this woman was a communist, and did not believe in having `stuff'!! Her large wardrobe was "just in case the money ran out" - a fairly typical Chiron in Taurus expression.

One of my offspring was born very early in the last Chiron in Taurus generation. He always has minimal possessions. His reason? Why carry more than you need? It's as though he also believes that the `money will run out', and so he'll not miss it when it goes!

How do you (or your kids, or your parent or grandparent) express Chiron in Taurus?

noideaaboutastro

I know I'm only learning about astrology, but lately all I'm doing is focusing on Chiron (and three others) instead of the basics. I'm becoming slightly obsessed with it...
I'm half falling asleep at the monitor so was just browsing but this post really struck me. It perfectly describes me. That is the way my mind pattern works. You should see how I stock up on food. I am not sure whether this is the influence of Chiron though - this is the influence of life experiences isn't it? Because I have Chiron in Gemini but what you have just described is most definately ME.

starlink

I have this placement in the 12th house. I know where to go (that others don't see but I do - 12th, hidden) to find the cheapest of anything in particular that I want/need and usually take advantage of seeking out the best deals, buying bulk, making online purchases/sales, used/pre-owned, even haggling. If it means travelling that extra 10km to save money or get the better product etc, there's always going to be a cheaper way to do that and for me it's worth it - and so much fun! However, many just can't be bothered putting in the research and effort.

I live a high quality of life for what leaves others gobsmacked, puzzled and wondering how, while they toil and live a below mediocre existence but don't want to learn/try new things or realise opportunity when spreading their vegemite on toast.

MkM84, your post got my utmost interest because I do exactly the same as you do and I also have Chiron in the 12th, but I have it in Scorpio, opposite Taurus. Maybe this bounces back? Or maybe because the ruler of Chiron, Pluto trines my Venus, ruler of my Taurus Sun.

I also live a high quality life but get most cloth in an outlet where they sell designer cloth for peanuts!! as well as shoes, and all my girlfriends think I bought them in the Bahnhofstrasse in Zürich!! I also drive half an hour to get there. I have a good eye for quality which helps of course and love nothing more than going through a so-so shop and finally find one item which looks darn expensive:)!! Little do they know! (I do tell some really good friends where to find these precious goodies, as well as my own daughters of course).
I am constantly calling my kids, telling them where they can get fabulous stuff for very little money. I just feel really good after a purchase like that. I find all this over the top paying for designer cloth absolutely a rip-off and would never ever buy them in a shop. Paying for a name is for me like throwing away your money.
I do the same for food, know exactly where to get good quality for little money, but yes, I have to look for it, do a bit of research,(my Scorpio Asc, very helpful!) but it is really worthwhile.:)

starlink

Ha ha, Noidea, you as well!!! Funny! But you are right, it cannot just be Chiron and I actually doubt it is the work of Chiron. But the 12th house could certainly have to do with it. I have Jupiter retro, ruler of my 2nd of belongings, in the 12th, conjunct Ascendant. My Chiron-Venus midpoint falls exactly at 23° Capricorn and my Jupiter exactly trines that midpoint. Maybe that has to do with it. Having experienced losses in my life which have hurt me a lot (Chiron) this attitude (looking for bargains) maybe gives me the satisfaction of getting something that others are not able to get? Something that is totally mine and cannot be taken away.

R4VEN

Having experienced losses in my life which have hurt me a lot (Chiron) this attitude (looking for bargains) maybe gives me the satisfaction of getting something that others are not able to get? Something that is totally mine and cannot be taken away.
What you described earlier, Starlink - the buying well for a bargain - seems to be a trait of a healthy Sun in Taurus. I know a number of Taureans who really enjoy shopping around for a good bargain. (As a Leo myself, I just don't get that - I grab the brightest coloured item and pay for it, no matter how much it costs - so shallow :tongue:!!)

What I have highlighted in the quote above sounds like Chiron in Scorpio, but do you by chance also have MSN in Scorpio? This describes a `soul history' of having the rug ripped out from under you, so you may have been born waiting for the hammer to fall. I have Chiron and MSN in Scorpio, and I tend to hoard essentials like food (my freezer is always full) `just in case'.

starlink

do you by chance also have MSN in Scorpio
Do you mean Moon's South Node? No, I have it in Sagittarius in my 1st house, so it is also ruled by that 2nd house ruler Jupiter in Scorpio. That might be a link .

R4VEN

Do you mean Moon's South Node? No, I have it in Sagittarius in my 1st house, so it is also ruled by that 2nd house ruler Jupiter in Scorpio. That might be a link .
Yes, that's what I meant.

2nd house ruler in Scorpio would do it.

kurayami

I have Chiron in Taurus in the 2nd.

When I was a child, I was bullied a lot which affected my self esteeem and feeling of self worth. Also, we never had a lot of money, so I learned how to be frugal I suppose. I've never had much money either since I left home, but now I'm working full time and I have no issue with saving it. Though I'm not concerned with saving generally, I do like to have some money for a rainy day.

I'm not much for hording, and as far as clothes go I'll only have what I need. It's simpler that way, I think.

gimzo23

I have an intercepted Chiron in Taurus in the 10th. I've never cared much for possessions like clothes and stuff and a career has been pretty much inexistent for me, even though it's also not a focal point in my life to climb ladders as my chart doesn't seem to be made for it either and has some other challenging aspects to the MC like a 12th house Sun square MC, Moon opp MC and Neptune sesqui Sun and MC. At 31, I still haven't found my true destination and goal MC/vocationally-wise. I haven't learned too much on Chiron yet, but I've wondered with it being intercepted, I guess healing whatever wounds it might be, comes even harder to access.

R4VEN

I have an intercepted Chiron in Taurus in the 10th. I've never cared much for possessions like clothes and stuff and a career has been pretty much inexistent for me, even though it's also not a focal point in my life to climb ladders as my chart doesn't seem to be made for it either and has some other challenging aspects to the MC like a 12th house Sun square MC, Moon opp MC and Neptune sesqui Sun and MC. At 31, I still haven't found my true destination and goal MC/vocationally-wise. I haven't learned too much on Chiron yet, but I've wondered with it being intercepted, I guess healing whatever wounds it might be, comes even harder to access.
Yes, I believe that is right.

Also, Chiron in the 10th anyway makes it difficult to access any kind of `normal' career path. 10th house Chiron in Taurus would probably reject all that acqisition & building a career type activity. You may tend to look for your worth in more internal pursuits.

gimzo23

Yes, I believe that is right.

Also, Chiron in the 10th anyway makes it difficult to access any kind of `normal' career path. 10th house Chiron in Taurus would probably reject all that acqisition & building a career type activity. You may tend to look for your worth in more internal pursuits.

Yes, that's quite true I guess. That intercepted Taurus Chiron exactly opposite my intercepted 4th house part of fortune probably adds to this, too, if you count POF aspects. Anyone else with an intercepted Chiron and how does it work out for you concerning wounds/healing? I'm still a little uncertain about the whole wounds/healing aspect that Chiron represents, but I think I'll need to start taking a closer look at this in the near future. It's surely interesting and it looks quite impactful potentially.

divine g

Banned
Giz,
I also have Chiron in 10th Taurus, and it seems my issues are with getting paid well for my career in music. It seems like I have an uhealable wound there. I never thought I would make a career out of being an astrologer, but that's the only thing that's been making me any money lately.

Taurus rules financial stability and I guess that's what I've gradually been learning how to do, to make money in my career. I've definitely had some hard times financially, but because of that, I'm able to appreciate having any money, because I know what it's like, being a starving artist and all. I guess that's how Venus factors into the wound because it rules art. It's painful to be an artist and not make a living off of it. I think that's how my Chiron in Taurus is working for me, and in the 10th, I've had issues with wounded reputation.

Right now, it seems like my calling is to heal others with the same issues throught astrology/and or music. I also have Chiron conjunct Mercury, so as we speak, I'm learning that I'm able to heal others through my words and astro readings. I think this placement shows some wounds with self-worth, and not feeling worthy to have money and/or not valuing money as much as a Taurus is known for. I'm certainly like that. I can have a well-paying job, but I just dont value money like that. As long as I have food, clothing and shelter, I'm comfortable, and Taurus is all about comfort as well. Still working through these issues, and never really understood my Chiron in Taurus, but just typing all this has been enlightening for me.:happy:

ps anyone with Chiron in Taurus have issues with getting severe sore throats?

Last edited:

gimzo23

Giz,
I also have Chiron in 10th Taurus, and it seems my issues are with getting paid well for my career in music. It seems like I have an uhealable wound there. I never thought I would make a career out of being an astrologer, but that's the only thing that's been making me any money lately.

Taurus rules financial stability and I guess that's what I've gradually been learning how to do, to make money in my career. I've definitely had some hard times financially, but because of that, I'm able to appreciate having any money, because I know what it's like, being a starving artist and all. I guess that's how Venus factors into the wound because it rules art. It's painful to be an artist and not make a living off of it. I think that's how my Chiron in Taurus is working for me, and in the 10th, I've had issues with wounded reputation.

Right now, it seems like my calling is to heal others with the same issues throught astrology/and or music. I also have Chiron conjunct Mercury, so as we speak, I'm learning that I'm able to heal others through my words and astro readings. I think this placement shows some wounds with self-worth, and not feeling worthy to have money and/or not valuing money as much as a Taurus is known for. I'm certainly like that. I can have a well-paying job, but I just dont value money like that. As long as I have food, clothing and shelter, I'm comfortable, and Taurus is all about comfort as well. Still working through these issues, and never really understood my Chiron in Taurus, but just typing all this has been enlightening for me.:happy:

ps anyone with Chiron in Taurus have issues with getting severe sore throats?

It might be coincidence, but I've noticed quite a few people seem to have their Chiron in the 10th. Of course it could also be that some same placements as one's own catches one's eye more. Anyway, a good portion of what you say I can identify with, too, in some similar or same ways. That's interesting you mention "wounded reputation", as I experienced some wounded reputation in a vocational environment in my later youth, as well as some wounds caused by a superior during my apprenticeship in youth. In fact there were quite some wounds happening in my first vocational/apprenticeship experiences, with people and with the vocational environment generally, as I chose a vocational direction that was completely incongruent to my nature and character. In hindsight, a consultation of a good astrologer beforehand back then probably would have saved me from quite some miserable times. I don't know if that was all Chiron back then, as my MC is otherwise quite challenged anyway, but it's possible I guess.

R4VEN

Giz,

.....I think this placement shows some wounds with self-worth, and not feeling worthy to have money and/or not valuing money as much as a Taurus is known for. I'm certainly like that. I can have a well-paying job, but I just dont value money like that. As long as I have food, clothing and shelter, I'm comfortable, and Taurus is all about comfort as well. Still working through these issues, and never really understood my Chiron in Taurus, but just typing all this has been enlightening for me.:happy:
divine g you have described that Chiron in Taurus wound very clearly. Obviously you have given this some thought.

(Also, your experiences of having Chiron in the 10th resonate as well, as I also have my Chiron there.)
Don't want this thread to get waylaid though, by going off into houses.
I've been interested in the latest Chiron in Taurus generation, simply because they have come into the world through a completely different energy than the previous Ch in Taurus generation of the late 1920's-early 1930's.

I have Chiron in Taurus, and I came to the realization that for all my life I have never had a lot of money. Overall I am very limited in finances, and it's a struggle, and I feel I don't get the full enjoyment of life. I have Chiron in 9th house (a fire house).

I don't have a materialistic outlook, and maybe this is why I have never given a lot of thought to it, until now, because I am financially struggling again. I think part of me kinds of accepts it. The bank keeps charging me unfairly, and I did see a program where you could claim money back if your going through hardship, the banks have to consider your case. However, I just accept it, and I always say to my partner, "what's the point there's nothing I can do about it". This is a terrible attitude to have, but sometimes I feel I can't have money anyway.

I have Saturn on the Asc trine Chiron in Taurus, perhaps there is too much acceptance of physical limitations, and maybe it has affected my philosophy on life (9th) and made it quite depressing. I don't get overly anxious over it, it's just acceptance, but inside I must feel something, but I kind of reside to myself to the "what's the point anyway" and I read Chiron can develop this attitude because in myth he was poisoned and there was no release, only in death was he freed when he exchanged places with Prometheus.

I looked online for some more information, and here are a few of the ideas presented.

Chiron in Taurus - Rainbow Bridge

Melanie: When Chiron is in Taurus, a search for values on the material plane dominates. The house position of Chiron reveals the nature of the values they are interested in. These individuals are adept at coping well with financial resources.

Shining Ray: This was interesting to read, although I feel I have been forced to cope with limited finances. However, I wanted to start a blog the other day, on the best ways to live resourcefully from decorating your home, clothing, food, expenses etc. However, I feel I am bad at handling my own resources, and not exactly the best "teacher" :lol:. I thought if I could learn to do it, then I could help others improve their lives. It was a passing thought, I have lots of them...but it was deeply connected to Chiron in Taurus.

Melanie: Often Chiron in Taurus have bizarre sexual habits.

Shining Ray: Nah I am "normal" in the bedroom :whistling:.

Musings of a Rogue Comet

A deep sense of insecurity, losing safety, the wound says these were taken away or missing.

Chiron everything You Need to Know

The above link is probably my favorite interpretation, the only wound to my neck is a mole :tongue:. There is a moral lesson of Chiron in Taurus which I liked "what constitutes true value".

Astrology for Dummies

This was good, short and sweet and was precise. Other books will just elaborate on these key themes bringing in case studies, and houses.

Stability and security are key issues for you. On the one hand you long for economic comfort. On the other hand you are struggling to manage your money. To put your desire for material goods and security into perspective, you need to pursue your deeper values.

R4VEN

Thanks for the links, SR.

I really liked the one from the Martin Lass book - his description of Chiron in SCorpio was very close (too close) - but was not crazy about the one you liked - Chiron Everything You Need to know. I guess it all depends on perspective, and one's experiences with it.

kurayami

Shining Ray, I read an excerpt from the "Musings of a Rogue Comet" Book

Several things about it's description stuck out to me.

"A deep sense of insecurity" - I've always had low self esteem and insecurity issues. I've only been starting to feel more positive about myself in the last two years or so.

"A core fear of losing safety, security, abundance and love..." - I spent the majority of the first five years after I moved out of home often moving around, living in unstable environments with unstable people. I've never had a lot of money or a lot of things, but I've made do. As for love, all of the relationships I've been in have never been with anyone who actually loved me. I think that though, was more about me confirming my low opinion of myself.

I do struggle to manage my money. I just spent 8 months working at McDonalds, I earnt about $16000 in the last financial year and I have nothing to show for it, and have as much money now as I did when I started, which is next to none. I'm very used to having enough money to just scrape by. Having $1000 at one time seems like tons to me.

Also, the bit about devaluing life, I was often deeply depressed after around age 12 and was suicidal for the most part of 15 years. I'm doing a lot better now, it took me a long time to deal with these things and focus on something positive.

My Chiron only makes one major aspect, a square to Mars. I've been doing a lot work on my issues over the last two years and I think I've made a lot of progress, which has got me to the point in my life now where I feel like I can contribute to society and pursue goals in my life that I've wanted for some time, but never felt that I would achieve them because I didn't deserve them.

I think I'm beginning to sort out my Chiron stuff at any rate.

"

starlink

Hello Shiny! yes, Chiron in Scorpio also resonated with me. Chiron in the 12th partly. I have no problems with my feet, they actually are one my nicest features. Only much later in life I developed hallux a bit. I also have no deformities in the area mentioned there (as far as I know!:)). I do have, according to others the ability to heal psychological problems in others. Thanks for the links. The more we read about Chiron, the better we can form a definite idea about him.

Starlink

Thanks for the links, SR.

I really liked the one from the Martin Lass book - his description of Chiron in SCorpio was very close (too close) - but was not crazy about the one you liked - Chiron Everything You Need to know. I guess it all depends on perspective, and one's experiences with it.

Lol :smile: yes I guess it depends on your own perspective, and experiences when choosing which Chiron book we prefer. I guess simple was best for me. I am not too crazy on the overly idealistic interpretations on Chiron, and I have to wade through all different spiritual beliefs on life which don't relate to me at all. Maybe I am just not on that wavelength. I find some Chiron books often don't relate to the average Joe. Maybe my Chiron in Taurus likes it simple :biggrin:.

Shining Ray, I read an excerpt from the "Musings of a Rogue Comet" Book

Several things about it's description stuck out to me.

"A deep sense of insecurity" - I've always had low self esteem and insecurity issues. I've only been starting to feel more positive about myself in the last two years or so.

"A core fear of losing safety, security, abundance and love..." - I spent the majority of the first five years after I moved out of home often moving around, living in unstable environments with unstable people. I've never had a lot of money or a lot of things, but I've made do. As for love, all of the relationships I've been in have never been with anyone who actually loved me. I think that though, was more about me confirming my low opinion of myself.

I can relate to the low self esteem issues, and I am glad you are feeling more positive, sometimes a change of perspective on life helps. You have really been unsettled, and you have learned how to survive and make do, which is a valuable lesson in itself. Once you value yourself, you will make better choices in relationships. :smile:

I do struggle to manage my money. I just spent 8 months working at McDonalds, I earnt about $16000 in the last financial year and I have nothing to show for it, and have as much money now as I did when I started, which is next to none. I'm very used to having enough money to just scrape by. Having $1000 at one time seems like tons to me.

I feel exactly like you on the financial front, my bank account looks empty, I have spent most my life scraping by. I am kind of glad I am not the only one, but lets hope our finances improve in the future. :wink:

Also, the bit about devaluing life, I was often deeply depressed after around age 12 and was suicidal for the most part of 15 years. I'm doing a lot better now, it took me a long time to deal with these things and focus on something positive.

My Chiron only makes one major aspect, a square to Mars. I've been doing a lot work on my issues over the last two years and I think I've made a lot of progress, which has got me to the point in my life now where I feel like I can contribute to society and pursue goals in my life that I've wanted for some time, but never felt that I would achieve them because I didn't deserve them.

I think I'm beginning to sort out my Chiron stuff at any rate.

You have had it tough, but you have shown you have strength and you are working on these issues and not running away. You have a lot that you can contribute to society depending on what your goals and dreams are. I do think life gives us all obstacles in one form or another, and we can find our hidden reserves of strength and our own powerful resources through difficult periods in life.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Kurayami. This thread has helped me look more closely at my own Chiron placement, and I don't always give it much thought, but I will now. It has been a learning experience. :smile: