shall i do a master degree of psychology?

sigmaoctans

hello,

i have applied to 2 master degree in university in my country. This a 2 year program will lead me to become a psychologist.

1) the first master is located in the university from the town where i lived now so it's the town of the horary chart linked below. It's a master specialized in sports ans body related matters. It's a very philosophic and psychoanalytic one.

2)The second master is located in another town. It's also a psychoanalytic one but less philosophy and more eclectic.

i will know if i will be chosen for the first master end of june and mid-july for the 2nd master.

3) a third option could be possible if i apply a 3rd master located in another town. But it's a cognitive master of psychology which i don't like and is very far from my theoric guidance and it is very hard to enter this one. You have to get a very High profile while i have good profile.

i would like to know in which one i will feel the better of these 3 options more than to know which is the more prestigious. I would like to know which one will run smoother? I prefer even to not do a master than to do one which i will feel bad and unhappy. I am quite tired of all those past year with tons of effort to be able to apply to a master degree, but i am getting old and i am wondering a lot how i will face those young people in master degree and as i am quite a lone wolf and lack sociability i have many doubts. I need time and space alone especially with the heavy transits i have right now. So i prefer to hear that i should roll another job or another program to be happy and feel good instead of try hard toward a goal that is just alienating or destructive for me...

Thanks

Attachments

• aaaaa.jpg
    aaaaa.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 37

sigmaoctans

hello passiflora,

yes i intend to practice psychotherapy as i follow the academic program to become psychologist, i just get the bachelor degree Grade B- pass and now i have to apply to master degree which is a 2 year program then i will be psychologist.
i like sports. I was talking more about stereotype, in France, there is strong corporatism in the job field, this is difficult to make career change once you have choose a job. If you resign there is very few options for another work. I feel quite old to be in the same classroom with young people even if they are quite mature when they reach this graduation level.

i did my bachelor degree thanks to online course but there is only one possibility to do an online master of psychology, it's in Paris but it's very expensive and almost impossible to achieve as it requires to have a Grade A end of the 1st year of master to be admitted in the 2nd year of master degree.

sigmaoctans

well you have hit the nail as my application to master 2 is out of delay (1 day) so i am afraid that they will not take in count my application

i don't understand you want to know which one i like the most, the one that will motivate me the more? each one have his pros and cons but i can tell you if you want which one i like the most but i don't want to influence the reading...

sigmaoctans

yes indeed, master 1 and master 2 are inspired by psychoanalysis theory so they are based on relationship, desire and lack.

i am motived to learn in order to get the psychologist title then i will work in hospital or nursing home then freelance based.

Last edited:

sigmaoctans

a little update my application to master 1) is successful but i have to ask a special waiver to department office to maintain my social benefits in order to survive money wisely for this year and they used to not give any waiver for those who are doing a master degree....so i have to refer to my employment counselor and ask him to help me to support my application....so this will be very tricky...with little chance to get this waiver...i am so lost...

sigmaoctans

ok some news i emailed my job counsellor and he told me that he will allow me to do master 1) if i am willing to accept to seek work in a radius zone as large as possible in my back to work contract and if i refuse job offers in this radius extent i will be banned from unemployment office and thus i will lose my social benefits, i don't understand why he uses blackmail against me like that shamelessly especially because in my project i don't need to extend my job seeking zone at any time so why he want to make me accept his offer except for kicking me out of unemployment office?

So i refused his offer and i am forced to give up my application and keep my job seeking zone close to where i live to keep social benefit but also in order to go to the job if i find one because i have no money to pretend to do a job away from where i am living, i have no car, and i want to live like that, and no money to spent freely going back and forth for no result and of course, with no money help from unemployment office...to help me travel for finding a job.

i choose to refuse because I is transiting my 7th house so any agreement on a contract could lead me to big issues further, as neptune is to broaden limitations, and i have a bad natal neptune and transiting IoNI is no good for extending limits whereas saturn is retrograde and making a trine to my ascendant, i think keeping limits is the best realistic option. Plus eclipse today enlighten my venus square mercury transit, any agreement will lead me with the short end of the stick in the end...

sigmaoctans

ok update today!!

so my master 2) application has been rejected today but i there is strong ties between univesity 1) and university 2) so university 2 knew my application was successful on university 1) and so they reject me to take another student as numbers of slot are strictly given by government.

Plus, my job counsellor who manipulated me today has given up and want to allow me to do the master!!! But i am really afraid of this counsellor as he is so manipulative...

now i am wondering if i will try master 3) but if i do it i have to not tell them i have had my application successful on the master 1) because they are going to report them.... if i can feel better on the master 3) i will go master 3) if someone could check it in the horary chart

sigmaoctans

news:

so i am dealing with my job counselor to be able to do master 1) but he wants me to be able to move anywhere after i get my psychologist degree even if i don't have money to move house...

my application to master 2) has been rejected because i send my application too late out-of-time....

sigmaoctans

hello passiflora,

actually the application session started just 20 of july until 25 august so i have time to apply, main issue with master 3 is not the application it's more the feasability of this master from a logistic point of view. Master 3 is 20 miles away from where i live it's not so far but i have no car for the moment so i will have to take the train every day or moving home, i am low in budget plus i have to find an internship around but i can find in my town but it will be hard to setting things. And last but not least, as i said master 3 is anti-psychoanalytic because it's a congitivist one so my application will be less appreciated. In the other hand, this master is very very appealing as it promotes new approach with Health psychology which i like a lot and have special emotional therapy training program and all cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT).

Master 1) where my application was successful is just near my home, fits perfectly my background and deals about sports and performance from a psychoanalytic point of view that tease my natal mercury-mars conjunction in trine with jupiter. But i dread some training program in this master like the psychodramatic one which leads you to play some role to heal and i am really not in the mood to play theater i feel so esxhausted of all those past year to study and my inner frame to sustain transferential relationship is on poor energy level....but i will be even more involved with CBT from master 3 because CBT masters of psychology see a psychologist as an active mental and physical coach to heal and cure ill people.

It means also i will have to resign from master 1) to do master 3)

So i don't know....is there a way to progress my horary chart to see what should i do now ?

sigmaoctans

why can't we see what will be the outcome of master 3) as i have spoken about it in my former horary question?

it is not possible to progress the horary chart ?