Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 02-28-2017, 12:19 AM

Question Emotionless Capricorn ???

What makes a Capricorn suppress they're feelings and how can you help them explore them?

Is it healthy for a Capricorn to explore they're feelings or is it unnatural and could have a negative effect?

Unread 02-28-2017, 12:28 AM

Re: Emotionless Capricorn ???

The highest expression of Capricorn is Cancer.

I don't think Capricorns suppress their feelings; I think the majority of them prefer logic and practicality over faulty emotions – but that does not mean they don't feel.

Last edited by AppLeo; 02-28-2017 at 12:31 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AppLeo For This Useful Post:
katydid (03-05-2017), tenacapcious (11-08-2017)
Unread 02-28-2017, 12:41 AM

Can you help one embrace they're feelings? Or would that be wrong? My Cap friend told me she has feelings but doesn't explore them, she just acknowledges they're there.
Unread 02-28-2017, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Piscean View Post
Can you help one embrace they're feelings? Or would that be wrong? My Cap friend told me she has feelings but doesn't explore them, she just acknowledges they're there.
No, I can't help you.

I don't think it's wrong to help someone embrace their feelings, but in the end they decide if they want to feel or not.
Unread 03-05-2017, 09:51 AM

Saturn is very restrictive and seriuos and thinks prior to acting.

I have sun conjunct Saturn and I'm serious and I'm a thinker and I'm very boundry like. Saturn is about borders, and being conservative and thinking ahead and planning ahead.

No I do not think your friend has no emotions. It would be helpful to see her natal chart though to better help.

Spiritlite
Unread 03-05-2017, 10:28 AM

Smile Re: Emotionless Capricorn ???

Quote:
What makes a Capricorn suppress they're feelings and how can you help them explore them?

Is it healthy for a Capricorn to explore they're feelings or is it unnatural and could have a negative effect?
Capricornians are very emotional, but they try hard to keep their feelings in check. Best to let them do so!
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
tenacapcious (11-08-2017)
Unread 03-05-2017, 11:01 AM

As someone who has Sun and Moon in Capricorn, I will express my feelings when and how I choose to and anyone who tries to make me express my feelings in a way that's unnatural for me or who won't respect my emotional expression will never get very close to me.

It's not often a problem, because I have some aspects to my Moon that makes me quite intense and passionate, but my emotional expression is quite verbal and some don't see that as emotional expression and I'll feel like I've shared too much and wall up again.

I have Moon square Pluto and a very wide orb between my Moon and Mercury so some consider the 10,17 degrees a conjunction because it involves one of my luminaries while others don't because they're very strict about the orb they allow for a conjunction between planets, even between Sun or Moon

Last edited by tenacapcious; 03-05-2017 at 12:43 PM.
Unread 03-05-2017, 11:02 AM

*sun or moon and inner planets.

Sorry, I'm on my phone
The Following User Says Thank You to tenacapcious For This Useful Post:
katydid (03-05-2017)
Unread 03-05-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacapcious View Post
As someone who has sun and Moon in Capricorn, I will express my feelings when and how I choose to and anyone who tries to make me express my feelings on a way that's unnatural for me or who won't respect my emotional expression will never get very close to me.

It's not often a problem, because I have done shifts to my Moon that makes me quite intense and passionate, bit my emotional expression is quite verbal and some don't see that as emotional expression and I'll feel like I've shared too much and wall up again.

I have Moon square Pluto and a very wide orb between my Moon and Mercury do some consider the 10,5 degrees a conjunction because it involves one of my luminaries while others don't because they're very strict about the orb they allow for a conjunction between planets, even between sun or Moon
If your Moon and Mercury are both in Cap, I would consider it a Conjuntion, but otherwise not.
tenacapcious (03-05-2017)
Unread 03-05-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
If your Moon and Mercury are both in Cap, I would consider it a Conjuntion, but otherwise not.
They're both in Capricorn. 10,17 degrees orb.
Unread 03-05-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
They're both in Capricorn. 10,17 degrees orb.
Still working on this myself, but there's a 3 dimensional consideration as well--Declination (how close the orbital-planes of, in this case, the Moon and Mercury) are to one another. Can you check that? If they're within 2 degrees, it strengthens their relationship.
Unread 03-05-2017, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Still working on this myself, but there's a 3 dimensional consideration as well--Declination (how close the orbital-planes of, in this case, the Moon and Mercury) are to one another. Can you check that? If they're within 2 degrees, it strengthens their relationship.
I wouldn't know how and I still don't understand declination. I think there's some chart on astro.com that lists it, but I can't remember which. Just tell me which site, chart and sub category/boxes you'd like me to check, and I'll look into it within the next few days (though Mon-Wed. will be hectic).

I tried to post a couple of charts on my profile, but that didn't go too well.
Unread 03-06-2017, 03:06 AM

Thumbs up Re: Emotionless Capricorn ???

Not a Cap sun but I got Capricorn Stellium of major planets. To be honest, I'm not emotionless. I carry values & certain amount of substantiality in my emotions.
Unread 03-06-2017, 04:12 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't know how and I still don't understand declination. I think there's some chart on astro.com that lists it, but I can't remember which. Just tell me which site, chart and sub category/boxes you'd like me to check, and I'll look into it within the next few days (though Mon-Wed. will be hectic).

I tried to post a couple of charts on my profile, but that didn't go too well.
Declination is listed in the Ephemeris, in a subsection. If you're an amateur star-gazer, declination will enable you to locate stars and planets using "right ascension", which gives location by the 24 hour clock (adjusted for time zones). For Astrological purposes, you can simply compare the degree of declination for the Sun, Moon, and planets--if they're within 2 degrees of one another either N or S of the Celestial Equator, they're in parallel. For example, Jupiter and Neptune (both in the Piscean-rulership category) are currently in close S. Parallel, and Venus and Mars are in N. Parallel. Any parallels with the Sun are ALSO parallels with any points measured along the Ecliptic, (which is our Zodiacal plane of reference), including the Ascendant and the nodes.

Last edited by david starling; 03-06-2017 at 04:17 PM.
tenacapcious (03-06-2017)
Unread 03-06-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FebriariniJovovich View Post
Not a Cap sun but I got Capricorn Stellium of major planets. To be honest, I'm not emotionless. I carry values & certain amount of substantiality in my emotions.
Capricorn is the Emotional Earth-sign, as signified by the "goatfish". It's prone to emotional instability, and keeps it together by keeping emotions under control as much as possible. Capricorn imparts qualities of seriousness, sincerity, and consideration for the needs of the "self", while maintaining real, personal concern for the needs of others as well. Always cautious, because Saturn is always on its case.

Last edited by david starling; 03-06-2017 at 08:13 PM.
Unread 03-06-2017, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Declination is listed in the Ephemeris, in a subsection. If you're an amateur star-gazer, declination will enable you to locate stars and planets using "right ascension", which gives location by the 24 hour clock (adjusted for time zones). For Astrological purposes, you can simply compare the degree of declination for the Sun, Moon, and planets--if they're within 2 degrees of one another either N or S of the Celestial Equator, they're in parallel. For example, Jupiter and Neptune (both in the Piscean-rulership category) are currently in close S. Parallel, and Venus and Mars are in N. Parallel. Any parallels with the Sun are ALSO parallels with any points measured along the Ecliptic, (which is our Zodiacal plane of reference), including the Ascendant and the nodes.
I'll probably have to re-read this and have this browser window open if I try to look these things up. Also, dyscalculia doesn't help with the mathematical part of astrology.
Unread 03-06-2017, 08:24 PM

Quote:
I'll probably have to re-read this and have this browser window open if I try to look these things up. Also, dyscalculia doesn't help with the mathematical part of astrology.
It's more about visual geometry than numbers. Orbits are like flat plates ("planes"). When they line up, they occupy the same area of space, and that's when they're "parallel". The Zodiac is measured along the plane of Earth's orbit, but because we're measuring FROM Earth as it orbits the Sun, it APPEARS to be the Sun's orbit, and we treat it as such. The Moon is somewhat different, because it's orbiting the Earth itself, which in turn is orbiting the Sun.
tenacapcious (03-06-2017)
Unread 03-06-2017, 11:37 PM

I have my Moon in Capricorn int eh 8th house. I am not emotionless. I do feel 'blocked' at times from easily expressing my deep emotions. And sometimes others might mistakenly believe I am stoic or 'unemotional' at times. I do not always react in the moment.

My mother is a double Pisces and my husband has a water grand trine. I am always impressed with the way they can instantly express their feelings about something. Their tears flow while mine do not always do so, AT THAT TIME.

It takes me longer to process something emotionally. I tend to wake up in the middle of the night, and cry or worry anxiously, after the criers have gone to sleep.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
david starling (03-06-2017), tenacapcious (11-08-2017), The Piscean (03-11-2017)
Unread 03-06-2017, 11:46 PM

I'm a Capricorn and I know many also... we are very emotional but are really good at keeping it together because we have responsibilities and feel we have to.
david starling (03-07-2017)
Unread 03-06-2017, 11:49 PM

No...

I'm a Capricorn with Moon, Mars, Pluto 8th house Scorpio. Emotionless just does not describe us.

All of these signs are real big groups with lots of different variant combinations. My advice is to learn more about the signs and what makes them different as well as similar. Very rarely does someone have majority of planets in addition to the Sun in one sign. A stellium of 4 planets is considered a crowd. We are all muts.

Despite being a Capricorn, all four of my angles are ruled by Jupiter and Mercury (Pisces, Sag, Virgo, Gemini). So, you see, each case is unique and it is whole-chart dependent.

(I said this over some KFC talking to a friend of mine during something super important..) - Publius

Last edited by Dubyadude1986; 03-06-2017 at 11:51 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dubyadude1986 For This Useful Post:
david starling (03-07-2017), katydid (03-07-2017)
Unread 03-07-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetTruthSeeker View Post
I'm a Capricorn and I know many also... we are very emotional but are really good at keeping it together because we have responsibilities and feel we have to.
YES. I think about my husband and kids first. I don't fall apart because I feel the need to keep things under control and make the best of the difficult situation so we can move forward.
The Following User Says Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
Unread 03-07-2017, 06:29 PM

Anecdotally, all the Sun-Capricorns I have known have been highly considerate of the feelings and needs of others.
katydid (03-09-2017)
Unread 03-09-2017, 04:05 PM

I don't find them emotionless, just in control.

Two of my ex-girlfriends were Capricorns. As a Cancer i found it frustrating emotionally, my Moon is in the 1st House Gemini so it's like second nature for me to talk about my emotions without hesitation and be very expressive.

Where for my ex she appeared very stoic and reserved. Which ironically is what I found so attractive about her, i found over time that underneath the hard exterior there is deep genuine emotion but it's only expressed wisely and with care to the right people.
Lives in eternity's sun rise."
- William Blake.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lazarusx For This Useful Post:
katydid (03-09-2017), The Piscean (03-11-2017)
Unread 03-09-2017, 06:12 PM

Quote:

Im a Capricorn Sun with pleantly of Sautnr aspects, so i think i can put in my perspective on it. Its not that im Unemotional, its simply i keep it to myself unless i talk about it with someone i find trustworthy. I am careful about what i reveal, so at times i just resolve any emotional conflict by myself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Imperial1922 For This Useful Post:
katydid (03-09-2017), The Piscean (03-14-2017)
Unread 03-10-2017, 09:48 PM

If a Capricorn has a water moon and water rising, I doubt he would be emotionless.

The most "emotionless" Capricorn I ever met in my life has their charts mostly filled with air signs. This Capricorn is so emotionless that they couldn't feel empathy toward people and end up hurting me badly due to their lack of empathy.

Tags
capricorn, emotionless