Lunar returns and AstroDienst

freedomlover

I thought I'd try running a lunar return chart for the upcoming new moon. I was using AstroDienst. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but the date came up as December 23, 2006. I was absolutely sure I typed in the new moon date of January 18, 2007. The planetary placements are all wrong obviously. I'm stumped. Can anyone shed some light on this? Also, I would appreciate a quick overview of what a lunar return is used for. I'm assuming it works like a mini-solar return - kind of like the "big picture' for the upcoming month?

Catatonia

Just like a Solar Return, but only for 1 month. Main emphasis is on emotional status/stability and lack thereof. The way you use it is cast a chart for YOUR Moon sign. Let's say you're a Scorpio Moon. When the heaven's hit the next Scorpio Moon, on a made up date of January 15th, 2007, you cast a lunar return chart for that date. This will show the month between returns for your Moon Sign. Remember, though, to pick your chart out on astrodienst ;) And don't confuse 'em with a Solar Return or Lunar Opposition Chart. Ciao!

Catatonia :34:

freedomlover

Thanks, Cat!

I think I've got it now. The New Moon is actually at 1:15am (est) on January 19, according to this site's tables. I finally had to enter January 20th on AstroDienst, and it backed it up to January 19th, although it gave a different time. (????)