What does my chart say about my career?

Mercuryman

Hello,

I'm looking for some viewpoints on my chart. I am 29 years old and looking for a clean break from my old vocation due to being largely unsuccessful at it (web designer / developer.)

What I would like is for some people to look at my chart and tell me what they see as being strong career indicators there.

I have my own opinions on it, but they don't help much: I have a Gemini MC with Mercury also in Gemini in the 10th, which I know is supposed to be a good pointer towards some kind of writing / speaking career, yet I am not that good at writing / public speaking and have never considered it really... also, if you thought this was a strong field for me then what type or writing / speaking would be worth looking at?

I also know a Gemini MC can point to a career in the communication field (telecommunications etc. ironically, that is what my father does), but I am not at all interested in this kind of vocation.

Here is my chart below.

Thanks.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_s_b_hp_77330_7062.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_s_b_hp_77330_7062.gif
    51 KB · Views: 60
Hello,

I'm looking for some viewpoints on my chart. I am 29 years old and looking for a clean break from my old vocation due to being largely unsuccessful at it (web designer / developer.)

What I would like is for some people to look at my chart and tell me what they see as being strong career indicators there.

I have my own opinions on it, but they don't help much: I have a Gemini MC with Mercury also in Gemini in the 10th, which I know is supposed to be a good pointer towards some kind of writing / speaking career, yet I am not that good at writing / public speaking and have never considered it really... also, if you thought this was a strong field for me then what type or writing / speaking would be worth looking at?

I also know a Gemini MC can point to a career in the communication field (telecommunications etc. ironically, that is what my father does), but I am not at all interested in this kind of vocation.

Here is my chart below.

Thanks.

I wasn't aware of the connection between Merc and manual/hands. You say your father is in telecommunications? That could be quite related. What specifically does he do?

Mercuryman

Mars when with Mercury in Gemini shows self confidence and skill in using your hands, which could be a craft or a martial art. Web design is a type of craft with the hands operating a computer. Maybe you would like doing technical drawings and plans?

With Virgo rising, it is likely you want precision in whatever you do.

Interesting, thank you.

While I have the Virgo 'attention to detail trait', I have issues with technical thinking (hence why I am quitting my web design / developer.) I think maybe my afflicted Uranus in the 3rd has something to do with this but I'm not sure.

I can see where you are coming from with the Mars conjunction = manual, construction and technical, but as it is Gemini I don't think that kind of industry appeals. Gemini is a superficial, variety loving sign and technical pursuits are generally more about depth and focus.

- I'm also looking for more of my whole chart to be brought into the discussion, if possible.

Mercuryman

I wasn't aware of the connection between Merc and manual/hands. You say your father is in telecommunications? That could be quite related. What specifically does he do?

I think what charmvirgo was getting at is that with this aspect in Gemini, then mental energies and expressing of with the hands is important. The manual / construction link was probably mentioned because of Mars (although as it is in Gemini, I feel this turns Mars away from this type of endeavour.)

My father used to be a telecommunications engineer for BT, but now he is management. Funny enough, he is fantastic with anything technical / maths.

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
Hi there,

- Sun in Cancer with Virgo rising, I can relate (Cancer rising, Moon Virgo).
Plus the Sun is in the sociable and aspirational 11th house. I think the Sun's basic desires are frequently overlooked. So the people around you in the workplace matter, it doesn't involve the 6th or 10th houses but Cancer Sun will require that. And it is very sociable in the 11th, mixes well with people, can take leadership positions too (but not the aggressive type).

- Virgo rising adds the desire to organize or analyse, and that needs a proper outlet in any work. This will be relevant later. (note good for media)

- Saturn (conjunct Jupiter, Saturn exalted so in control) exactly trine MC. I can relate (Sun in 10th exactly trine Saturn) So you need a career - you can work solidly and with some quiet ambition towards career moves over a lifetime and get there. The trine is exact, this is excellent stuff, and as I say Saturn exalted, plus the addition of Jupiter lightens him and gives the desires extra humanity.

- Mercury conjunct Mars in Gemini (Mars benefiting from the dignified Mercury) is pretty neat stuff. This IS excellent for anything to do with media/information of any kind, preferably fast-paced. (I've Mars in Gemini and Mercury on MC, I get this!) You would not be in your natural element (which I think you already identified in your posts above) if you had to work (through mind) in a long laborious fashion. These planets are in the 10th, so sociable but ambitious and desiring authority.

- Mars EXACTLY trine Pluto (Pluto in the 2nd). This changes the nature of Mars in Gemini, adding the ability to patiently transform something over a sustained period of time through physical effort. How to use that in a career I'm not immediately sure but it's likely to spark ideas in someone here who might know how to harness it.

- Pluto in the 2nd is well-known for being an excellent money-maker. Plenty of empire builders have this one. It's good for business and accumulating wealth.

- Uranus in the 3rd is a bright spark indeed and adds to the Mercurial elements in the 10th but square the Moon doesn't handle pressure well.

- Venus in the 11th of Leo is very sociable and can potentially add to the leadership ability by adding favour with people, affability.

This really just for starter, and my main aim is to ruffle ideas. I think others can expand and spot something. I personally think anything to do with information/media is and example of a great line up. That Saturn exactly trine MC is begging for stable career-planning and is too good to miss. Please research that aspect and Mars trine Pluto in particular to better understand potential and ruffle ideas, and as I say both aspects are exact so demand attention.

Hope that helps Mercuryman! :w00t:

wilsontc

Staff member
technical career, to Mercuryman

Mercuryman,

You said:
I'm looking for some viewpoints on my chart. I am 29 years old and looking for a clean break from my old vocation due to being largely unsuccessful at it (web designer / developer.) What I would like is for some people to look at my chart and tell me what they see as being strong career indicators there.

Since you have an unaspected :uranus: (friends, also technology) in the thinking (also details) house, you do not "connect in" with your :uranus: energy and so may not be aware how VERY technical you are with details. Your :northnode: (future goals) is in the friends (also technology) house, further indicating an interesting in developing in technology. All this suggests you have excellent abilities for a technical career. The :gemini: (thinking, also details) modifying your Midheaven (outer world) also suggests this as well. There is one challenge in the chart with handling details: :neptune: (spirituality, also confusion) :opposition: (energy is over-excited by) :mercury: (thinking, also details/daily work, also analysis), suggesting that there is confusion with handling and analyzing details. :opposition:s suggest other people, so this confusion happens when you are around others or have to interact with others.

Your chart disposits down to :mercury: and a mutual reception between :sun: (self-expression) and :moon: (home, also emotions), indicating a need to be recognized and to be able to use your feelings. This is not a normal thing in a technology job, so you may believe that technology does not give you the recognition you want and/or is a little too "cold" (unfeeling) for you. :leo: (self-expression) modifies the :moon:, also suggesting a strong need for recognition.

You have planets focused evenly between the Universal houses (houses 9-12) and the Personal houses (houses 1-4) so you split your life focus between looking at thing beyond the personal and the sociable (the Universal things) and the Personal things. You have more planets in Sociable signs so you bring a Sociable energy to everything you do.

Both :jupiter: (expansion, also opportunity) and :saturn: (duty, also career) :trine: (energy goes easily with) your Midheaven, suggesting that you have easy opportunities in developing your career in the outer world. Both :jupiter: and :saturn: are in the personal money house, suggesting that you can make money in your career.

In summary, you have strong technical skills and abilities to handle details but can get confused by others sometimes. :neptune: energy works best by "sensing" things so sometimes you may have to just let answers "come" to you instead of going to search them out. You need to get recognition for what you are doing and have both an interest in doing things that have a broad focus (e.g., help mankind, develop new business model) and which you are personally interested in. You can use your social abilities to help with making this happen. There is a opportunities to make money in your career if you pursue it and do not give up on it. There are no instant answers...and quality takes time.

Careering,

Tim

Mercuryman

byjove and wilsontc, thanks a lot for your fantastic, insightful responses.

I get what you are saying about Neptune's opposition with Mercury making things cloudy (esp. as it makes the same aspect to Mars too.) Working with other people on technical details can be a nightmare.

The whole 'technology being too cold and unrecognising' has hit it on the head more or less - I do like to feel my way through things.

I am also fascinated by the Mercury/Mars trine Pluto in the 2nd aspect... This kind of Plutonian aspect/house placement energy (as I have found out through personal experience) tends towards financial extremism - I either want it all or nothing; finding it hard to be interested in the middle or getting bored of it very quickly.

I suppose so far from analysis of BC, my ideal job would be a: technical technological career that allowed me to 'feel' my way through it and also provide lots of money and recognition (!)

Actually, I also have other talents elsewhere that people tell me I should consider - I am a bit of an artist, graphic designer and have good college education in it (I always thought as a youngster this is what I would do) but have lost interest in it in recent years; I feel like I don't 'belong' in that industry; with the people. I'd also be interested to hear what my chart potentially says about this?

Thanks again.

queenfluff

MercuryMan (like your name btw),

I am not an expert by any sense of the means - still learning. But I just wanted to comment on your situation if that is OK as I am in a similar boat.

I was in IT also. I have a Virgo Sun. I am VERY good at details, organizing, logic, analysis, research, troubleshooting etc...all of those things that make a good programmer. I exceled at this job. This said, I think because your Virgo is your rising sign and not your sun sign is why you did not excel at this and want to change. Since your Rising is more the persona you give to others, you are probably more of a Virgo type when you are in the presense of others at your job (say at meetings) but when you sit down at your cube and concentrate on your code - well, not that you can't do it but, in the long run, your Sun sign isn't really in to it. For me, my Virgo performed at its best when sitting in front of that screen, correcting all the problems and debugging through all those details. It is as natural to me as breathing.

My Sun is also in my 10th and I think this puts my Virgo qualitites into my work which is helpful for a programming job. Yours in your 11th house.

I have a friend who is a Cancer Sun and she went into IT but never stayed with it (also web design too). Not saying that you have to be a Virgo Sun to be good at programming, I just think because of the natural traits of the Virgo - things that are required for being a developer are things that come very naturally to most Virgos. Of course, that also does not mean that all Virgos are meant to be programmers either.

Only a few of the programmers I worked this were Virgos - those ones worked just like me but the others worked differently. They were all good at what they did - they just did it differently or to a different degree. When it came to the teeny details, I must at admit I certainly exeled. :)

You have to take your passions and interests into mind too and those can be expressed by other areas on your chart. One of the reason I am also leaving IT (mostly because I am disgusted at how it is changing and I want to go back to a career where I am making a difference in the world and not just money for myself! And there are other aspects in my chart that are the reason for that.)

Even though you have your Mercury in Gemini in your 10th house, I don't think a Gemini is a sign that would be relatively happy sitting at a computer 24/7 - they need more variety. Even though they are Mercury like Virgo - it is a different sort. I have compared my Mercury-ness to those of Geminis and I can clearly see the difference. Not bad or good - just different.

Also, just a bit off topic, since you are 29 you are either in or approaching your first full Saturn return which is often when you make important life changes. I changed careers at my first full Saturn return to to something I had been working towards for quite a while. So, it makes sense, in this vein, that you are doing this now. So, I think it will be for the good.

Also, Mercury in the 10th house people can change careers many times in their lives. This is probably even more because it is Gemini.

One of the senior members on here responded to one of my career posts with this "People who have Mutable Signs (Gemini, Sagittarius, Virgo or Pisces) or Bicorporeal Signs (Gemini, Sagittarius and Pisces) on the 2nd, 6th or 10th House often switch careers, sometimes more than once."

I am sure many won't agreee with my analysis and I know it isn't perfect since I am still learning but I thought I would give you the insight of my personal experience based on my (limited) astrological knowledge. Hope I gave you some helpful insight. :)

Mercuryman

Great post queenfluff.

The following is probably very true:

"Since your Rising is more the persona you give to others, you are probably more of a Virgo type when you are in the presense of others at your job (say at meetings) but when you sit down at your cube and concentrate on your code - well, not that you can't do it but, in the long run, your Sun sign isn't really in to it."

I think you have given a good perspective on why I am choosing to get out of the field.

As you mention, funny enough I don't usually check transits, but yes this year my first full Saturn return has come around, along with my ASC progressing into a new sign for the first time: both now in Libra.

Horus

Gemini Midheaven can be careers in science and teaching too. Uranus in the house of communications opposition the MC stresses that you be original, innovative, and/or independent in your approach. Cancer Sun in the 11th adds a sensitive and caring dimension to working with others.

I was a graphic designer who got into web design years ago but I didn't like it either, especially typing code, and then I got out. Meanwhile I started freelancing tech support and even teaching some folks basics on managing their PCs. I loved working one-on-one in helping others to learn the technology. I loved collecting a nice fee for teaching/consulting/supporting, and also being in control of my schedule (Uranus conjunct my MC)

A former colleague of mine in the field, taught javascript and Flash classes at a computer training center and a community college part-time. So if you don't like doing what you are doing, but you know it well enough to share that knowledge with others, then you can still make some dough with it. Good luck!