Arians Who Take On Too Much Work in Group Projects

Arian Maverick

I don't usually create new threads asking for advice about personal problems and requesting free chart readings, but I am currently at my wit's end attempting to complete a group project for Health class with very little support from the other four members for the second night in a row after attending a two-hour band rehearsal after school and a ninety minute Church choir rehearsal later tonight, with my mother nagging me twice in the past hour for taking on the work of everyone else and "driving yourself and your mother crazy."

Why do I constantly do this to myself? Aren't Arians supposed to be selfish, only concerned about themselves and not the group? I keep staring at my natal chart looking for answers, but I'm just too tired and overwhelmed to be objective...

My natal chart can be found in the thread Our "Astrology Weekly" Natal Charts; any clues into my psyche would be greatly appreciated.

Arian Maverick

twiggy

Dear Arian

With your stellium in the 1H you'd probably be resourceful and self-reliant, to the point of taking on too much work. As Aries the initiator and the pioneer take care not to drain your resources. Arians find the land, and Taureans came after to toil it. We sometimes have to accept that in group work the outcome can't always be to the standard we are accustomed to ourselves. I remember from a year or two at Uni how difficult and frustrating groupwork was when everyone didn't take it as seriously as I did (and I have a stellium in 1H - very hard to accept/trust other people's efforts). But there is no way one can hold it up in the long run. (Well you probably could). Assuming a team leader approach and 'nursing' the other students toward what their part of responibilities should be, and letting them feel it will have consequenses if they down't keep their end of the bargain, is probably the answer.

On another note my 15-yeo Arian son with his sun in 12th is the 'coxswain" on the rowing team, - the one that sits at the back, leading they way and shouting rowing instructions without having to do a single stroke! Leading the team to victory for the first time in 10 years . That makes me smile thinking this could so Arian.

I hope my novice deliberations can be of some help.

Cheers:)

Last edited:

holly

Arian Maverick said:
Aren't Arians supposed to be selfish, only concerned about themselves and not the group?

Not necessarily. I think they may be concerned with their role in the group, as opposed to the interests of the group itself.

As I understand it, Arians are happy to sit back and let someone else take the lead, provided the person leading is competent and acts with enough authority (yet fairness) and focus to warrant the Arians' respect. It seems to me that in your group project, nobody has stepped forward to be the leader and organiser, so you've had to step in and take control.

The result of this group project reflects on you, whether the final result is good or bad. If you are a person with high standards, then it most likely pains you to hand in work that is less than perfect. The other members of the group probably aren't taking this project as seriously as you are, and they could be dragging you down with them - something you will not let happen to your reputation! So you're taking on the extra work. It appears as if your doing it out of concern (or whatever) for the group, but in reality, you're doing it for YOU. (even if it exhausts you)

And this is by no way a bad thing! Sometimes in life, you have to look out for yourself, especially when others aren't willing to cooperate with you.

Do you think that Capricorn Stellium has anything to do with it? Capricorns can be very goal-oriented, concerned with reputation, willing to do the hard work, and focused!

I have a Capricorn Stellium myself, and was teased by my peers (in an adult education course, with people way older than me, no doubt) for studying hard, being really focused and taking the course seriously. In the end, they all failed/got poor marks, and I passed with High Distinctions and 93-95% on the various exams. I couldn't bear to do a group project with those losers so thank goodness I quit the course before that happened!

wilsontc

Staff member
Being in charge, to Maverick

Maverick,

You have STRONG squares (energy needs to be combined with) between your Aries energy (being, also action) and Capricorn (duty, also authority) energy. So you have a STRONG need to combine action with authority. This just about always will end up with you being the boss of the situation.

While in school it is annoying, because if someone is the boss then everyone else figures they don't have to do any work. But later...when you go out into the REAL world, you will discover that people who are driven to take action and be in charge are VERY much in demand and VERY highly paid. And when you are the boss you will also discover there is this thing called "firing" which is designed to handle the slackers who aren't willing to pull their own weight in group projects! ;)

Bossfully,

Tim

archergirl

Why do I constantly do this to myself? Aren't Arians supposed to be selfish, only concerned about themselves and not the group?

Hi AM,

One trait of Aries, however, is that they need to be *liked*, despite all the guff and bluster; Aries identify so much with their own egos that to dislike them makes them feel distinctly wobbly. This may be one of the reasons you are having 'boundary issues' with the slackers in your group, plus Mom, etc., especially since your Moon is so close to your Sun, and *especially* if you do have a 1st house stellium. 1st house Suns really struggle with issues of identity and 'likeability'. If you tell them where to go/what to do you risk disapproval, so instead you set yourself up for taking on all the responsibility. Just say no!! :)

unukalhai

Another consideration is transiting Uranus squaring natal Mars, causing you to really pick up the pace of your actions to a radical level. What you describe is actually a typical result of this transit.

The first exact hit for this transit is this Friday. It is a long-term (Uranus=Slow) transit that will be with you for most of this year, with the final hit coming towards the end of the year.

Do be careful to get proper rest and not over-exert yourself, and don't over-commit.

Aries/Mars, when improperly applied and underdeveloped, is selfish... But it is not the higher side of this energy. Nobody fights alone in battle. They fight with an army, and the goal is the protection of civilization and their kinsmen. The warrior accepts his fate to die for others. You'll find the higher side of the Arian energy, underneath the surface, is actually very unselfish and directs it's energy to the betterment of the whole.

twiggy

Another angle too..

I think I remember from other posts that you think you might have a Pisces Asc?

I knew a pisces who was extremely self-sacrificing. I think she took on extra work because being the one everyone could count on is how she found her nieche and identity. She never ever complained though. Asc could be different, people see you, or you appear to be self-sacrificing.

Cheers:)

Last edited:

Belgianmoonguy

Hmm
Education ax is house 3 and 9...
Mars in 3, a lot of energy in school matters, but sometimes impulsive and sometimes you like a quick fix for school matters, and don't do things thoroughly enough...
Ruler house 3 in 1 conjunct both luminaries...
This gives education extra importance for you...

House 9... higher education
Jupiter in 2, nearing 3 square NN in Pisces in 12 (ultimate self sacrifice)...
So the square between the ex ruler of Pisces and a NN in Pisces could create a self sacrificial trait, and cause Jupiter rules 9, this is expressed in school matters...

Just my one cent...

Arian Maverick

Thank you everyone for surpassing my expectations for this thread! I do not think I deserved so many responses, but I am grateful just the same :)

Unfortunately, I seem to have taken on even more work for my English teacher who is also the Yearbook adviser, and after volunteering to type all of the senior writeups P-Z after learning that his staff were only on the A's and completing the binder in one night, I am now working on the remainder of A-G. I also have to prepare for an English presentation that I will deliver some time early next week, but fortunately I was assigned the last chapter of the book and he has been going in chronological order.

I hope to eventually respond to several individual posts, but for now, I can only correct one point in the latest post:

Mars in 3, a lot of energy in school matters, but sometimes impulsive and sometimes you like a quick fix for school matters, and don't do things thoroughly enough...

Despite my Aries stellium, I have never taken shortcuts in my school work and have been known to spend two hours on one math assignment. My weakness in writing essays has always been answering questions too thoroughly, leaving me with no time to finish the other questions! I don't deny that I am impulsive, though ;)

Arian Maverick

unukalhai

Arian Maverick said:
and after volunteering to type all of the senior writeups P-Z after learning that his staff were only on the A's and completing the binder in one night, I am now working on the remainder of A-G.

Oh man... reminds me of why I never ask for work at my job... Give them one reason to think I'm looking for something to do and they give me a bleepin' mountain! Fun!!

Arian Maverick

Ha ha! Yes, I've certainly learned my lesson now--I now have senior writeups H-O on my work desk next to my computer in addition to two more Health projects! :eek:

Arian Maverick