Will I get promoted?

PurpleReign

Hi,

I just got a job through a temp agency. It isn't an ideal position, as I have a degree in another field but haven't had luck landing jobs in my field due to lack of work experience in such positions. I went to a temp agency for help and the recruiter told me she wanted to place me here temporarily just so that I can have some income coming in while she continues looking for something more suitable.

The lady at the job told me that we (me and another girl there from the same temp agency) will be there for 6 to 8 months (assuming we do well) and that it is POSSIBLE (but can't be predicted) she may move up to manager position in that 6-8 months and that one of us may take her current role. I asked if I will get promoted to her current role.

I'm Pluto (but retrograde) and the job is Mercury in the 10th, they are in a positive aspect. Additionally, Moon positively aspects Pluto, but it is in Scorpio, where it is in its fall. My co-worker (and possibly competition) is Venus in Virgo, where it is in its fall. But it is in the 10th house and conjuncts Mercury.

What could that mean? Does my co worker have a better chance?

Sincerely,
PR

Attachments

• possiblepromotion_.jpg
    possiblepromotion_.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 23

katydid

You are Mars, combust the Sun, conjunct the MC.

I would say you might be blinded by the light right now, and maybe you shouldn't get too ahead of yourself.

You just got this job, probably don't know if you like it much, or even want to be the one to be promoted in 6 months time.

The Ascendant in this chart is 28 degrees. A shift is coming. I'd suggest that you take a bit of time to sit back, acclimate yourself to this new position, and see how things are going.

By jumping in and asking about the future competitive outcome between you and your new workmate, before you even establish a working relationship, it could be debilitating to your overall flow on the job.

Just my opinion, based upon the Mars being burnt by the Sun and the placement right on the MC, bringing in a competitive urge simultaneously.

PurpleReign

Hi Katy,

Thank you for your time and response!

My new workmate and I are getting along rather well already, actually. Any feelings of competitiveness wouldn't be hostile or result in rudeness. She doesn't like it there either and is trying to get back into the role and company she was in last year, and we both discussed this current place isn't our ideal position. However, I want to save up money for something, so I don't mind working anywhere in an office setting so long as it is stable and pays a decent amount.

I would jump ship if another offer came my way and the recruiter is looking for a more suitable job for me, so we both (me and the recruiter) are looking at this as a temporary placement. I hope the late degree indicates a new position in a new company, because I don't like this role or company much. It's simply better than nothing.

May I ask why you use Mars as my ruler? I use the modern planets when I read the horary charts because I always assume (and correct me if I'm wrong) that the only reason they weren't used in the past is because they hadn't discovered Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto, which to me sounds more like an error and not a reason to not assign modern planets to signs? I tend to prefer using modern planets, but maybe you found the traditional way more accurate? In any case, it sounds like the chart is saying "no" I won't get the promotion. I guess we will see how it all unfolds in the upcoming months.

Thanks again,

PR