Venus- Saturn conjunction( Synastry)

carldork

I am intrigued by this aspect and the impact it has in any relationship especially when it comes to longevity. I share this aspect with my dad and despite a lot of other hard aspects there is a desire to keep up with each other and respect for each other.There is also physical resemblance. I would like anyone with an experience with this aspect(hard/easy) to share their experience so I can learn about how it plays out.Also would to know if it has any or enough bearing on the longevity of a relationship?
Thank you

katydid

With your Dad, are you the Venus or the Saturn?

I am not sure if I have ever had a Venus/Saturn conjunction with anyone.

My Dad and I had Sun/Saturn conjunction. My Saturn was conjunct his Sun, exactly. So I was his Saturn/Sun transit. The 2nd child, arriving in a young couple's marriage, while Dad was still in law school, as Saturn/Sun was in Libra.

carldork

With your Dad, are you the Venus or the Saturn?

I am not sure if I have ever had a Venus/Saturn conjunction with anyone.

My Dad and I had Sun/Saturn conjunction. My Saturn was conjunct his Sun, exactly. So I was his Saturn/Sun transit. The 2nd child, arriving in a young couple's marriage, while Dad was still in law school, as Saturn/Sun was in Libra.

In this case I am the Venus(Aquarius)
Intriguing to find out what effect you have on your dad.You must really looklike and did he complete the Law degree?

katydid

In this case I am the Venus(Aquarius)
Intriguing to find out what effect you have on your dad.You must really looklike and did he complete the Law degree?

I looked very much like my Dad's mother and his sister. I favored his side of the family.

He did indeed finish his law degree and went on to have a very long, successful career. He had a Libra stellium of Sun,Moon, Mercury and Saturn.

We had our difficulties as a father/daughter, although we both loved each other very much.

He cheated on my mother and she left him when I was only 5 or 6, so he was a 'every other weekend' Dad. He did follow through on all his visits though and he spent vacation time with us 3, and always stayed close to us.

He never went on to have other children, even though he remarried and stayed with my stepmom for 30 years.

I admit that I often felt 'judged' by him over the years. He graduated from Boalt Hall at UC Berkeley. I was a student at UC Berkeley and was taking pre-law in undergraduate studies.

All the professors knew of my Dad. He had been head of his class and president of debating club, which was a big deal at the law school. He had 'high hopes' for me to follow in his footsteps. We had an unusual last name so everyone associated me with him.

Looking back, I can see how that Saturn overshadowed my Sun, and blocked out who I was. The more I studied Law, the more I knew it was not for me. :bandit:

I had already been doing natal charts since I was 14 and had a nice clientele going among the students. I had been going to lectures at an Astrology Book Shop, and saw Dane Rudhyar and his wife Leyla speaking. It was WILDLY more fascinating to me than torts and briefs could ever be.

So when I finally told my father that I was not going to law school, but was going to study Humanistic Astrology, I thought he was going to stroke out. :whistling:

mdinaz

Venus conj Saturn in a composite can indicate a long-term, but practical and low-flame love. It can also be stifling, so it depends on the other aspects to it and with other planets. It can mean the same in synastry but more so for one person than the two people together.

carldork

Venus conj Saturn in a composite can indicate a long-term, but practical and low-flame love. It can also be stifling, so it depends on the other aspects to it and with other planets. It can mean the same in synastry but more so for one person than the two people together.

Thanks Mdinaz,It's affirmation I needed

carldork

@Kaydid
Your experience fascinates me.Astrology is something that continually surprises me with how real it manifests.
I have a natal Sun-Saturn conjunction in the 10th and the father blockage is so familiar.When I was younger and even now,I can't seem to shake off his shadow socially.I virtually take career decisions to please him and it took Pluto conjunct my MC to realise that.And I guess he is going to be tied to my career forever.
A Libra stellium is pretty dope.I think he would be more opened minded and accepting as he is an Air sign

Last edited:

neptuner

My husband and I have this aspect. I am significantly younger than him, but am the Saturn person. We are literally the most incompatible people ever, but are madly in love and as such work like hell on the relationship 24/7. I honestly think Saturn gets a bad rap. I think in the Venus/Saturn dynamic, especially the conjunction, trine, sextile (opposition or square is more difficult) it lends a supporting influence. We're both willing to do the work, the compromises, etc which is quite stabilizing. That said, there can be insecurity I think primarily on Saturn's part about Venus' love for them. I feel that way often, but my husband is very reassuring. Also, he can feel criticized by me, so I try to watch out for that. Saturn is quite formal as well, so I think with Venus/Saturn contacts the relationship is never a fling dynamic, as Saturn wants to make it "official." For ex. we got engaged very quickly, which on the surface might look Uranian/erratic, but was more representative of being really serious.

I would imagine with you and your dad there is a feeling of mutual commitment and responsibility to each other, even if it occasionally feels strained. As in, it's a rock solid relationship despite not being uber emotionally close or fun.

mdinaz

My husband and I have this aspect. I am significantly younger than him, but am the Saturn person. We are literally the most incompatible people ever, but are madly in love and as such work like hell on the relationship 24/7. I honestly think Saturn gets a bad rap. I think in the Venus/Saturn dynamic, especially the conjunction, trine, sextile (opposition or square is more difficult) it lends a supporting influence. We're both willing to do the work, the compromises, etc which is quite stabilizing. That said, there can be insecurity I think primarily on Saturn's part about Venus' love for them. I feel that way often, but my husband is very reassuring. Also, he can feel criticized by me, so I try to watch out for that. Saturn is quite formal as well, so I think with Venus/Saturn contacts the relationship is never a fling dynamic, as Saturn wants to make it "official." For ex. we got engaged very quickly, which on the surface might look Uranian/erratic, but was more representative of being really serious.

You have this aspect in the synastry or the composite? What aspects does Venus/Saturn have that are positive that can deflect energy? You say you are incompatible but I'd like to see the synastry and a composite to see if there is a different reason for that. I doubt a Venus/Saturn contact would do that alone, there would have to be some incompatible Sun/Moon action going on too.

neptuner

Oh no, I wasn't clear. I didn't mean to suggest Venus/Saturn means incompatibility I was trying to say it's a very binding and serious energy between two people even if the people are very different. So, my husband's chart is a lot of air whereas I have a lot of fire and water, so we can often approach things differently. But, I think Saturn makes us have a commitment that supports us even though on the surface people will often remark we seem so different.

For ex. we have Mercury opposite Pluto, this can mean tensions in communication, but because of Saturn contacts like Venus conjunct Saturn I feel like we always want to work things out.

Btw, the aspect is in our synastry.

mdinaz

Synastry can often show people to be incompatible, but the composite will show the exact opposite and that the two can make a good couple. And vice versa - synastry seems like it's good but they'd make a terrible couple. We see that in real life all the time.