Neptune in House 5

ethertwist

Anyone here have Neptune in the 5th house happily married, or in a happy relationship?

Or did it go more like this?

http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/fifthhouse.htm

I have Neptune in the 5th and unfortunately that interpretation rings more accurate than not. :unsure:

ETA: I qualify the above by noting that I have natal Venus in the 12th, so that that also inclines me to a bit of a savior complex.

Last edited:
5th House – succeedent house
Unconscious desire for love and appreciation through romance and creative expression. May have artistic talents. Especially to do with music, children, or the stock markets. Ability to play a role. Love of theatre. Very sympathetic. ­intuition strong here. This house describes love affairs and children. Romance over‑idealise. love at first sight. Romance seen through ­rose‑tinted glasses! Did you have gas and air or ­anesthetic during childbirth?
Artistic/creative children, secretive children, depending on aspects. Private enterprise ‑ beware the dangling carrot, be very wary of.

danashock

man that bob marks interpretation was hilarious. I think this energy could be interpreted as (lost children); very easy to lose children especially to drowning or to drugs and alcohol,god forbid. doesnt mean that it will necessary happen but there is quite a tendency

Blackempress

Bouncing an old thread for the sake of my own knowledge.

I definitely would agree the description of Bob regarding a person I know. He has amazing intuition but as Neptune is Square to Saturn there's a hesitancy to rely on it much. Creative definitely but has the pattern of attracting victims. There is also the element of falling in love with unavailable people. What is the chase for or is it a delusional mind?

Anyone can add new info to this? I'd love to know the psyche behind this placement of Neptune.

Last edited:

Cascada

Hmm, I have heard that people with Neptune in 5th are in love with the idea of love.
I do see myself in this description, though. Only slightly. Like, for example, when a guy has had problems in the past or something I feel responsible for keeping him happy, I have an urge to nurture them. I've never been with anyone that bad though.
After I read Neptune in 5th, I caught what was being said on Uranus in 5th (which I also have) what I thought was funny and similar to me :lol: maybe not that extreme though, lol.

StillOne

I have Neptune conjunct Venus so I'm not sure that this will help any as far as just Neptune in the 5th...

Anyway, in equal house, I have Neptune conjunct Venus in the 5th. It's a blessing and a curse, most definitely. I have huge rose-colored glasses. I've never been happy in a relationship as it seems that the Love I'm searching for doesn't exist! It is of such an otherworldly and dreamy nature... It is unattainable and intangible. It's been quite challenging making this realization and I've embraced the fact that I've been much too perfectionistic in my thoughts regarding this.

I most definitely do not fall in love with people for their faults. This is probably due to the Venus conjunction and other elements of my chart.

Blackempress

I have Neptune conjunct Venus so I'm not sure that this will help any as far as just Neptune in the 5th...

Anyway, in equal house, I have Neptune conjunct Venus in the 5th. It's a blessing and a curse, most definitely. I have huge rose-colored glasses. I've never been happy in a relationship as it seems that the Love I'm searching for doesn't exist! It is of such an otherworldly and dreamy nature... It is unattainable and intangible. It's been quite challenging making this realization and I've embraced the fact that I've been much too perfectionistic in my thoughts regarding this.

I suppose the Sign would make alot of difference too especially heightening it in water. Is there alot of glamorization of a person & ending up being disappointed with the 'real person'?
As a Pisces Asc I do tend to do that & always see the 'higher' side of a person which on one-hand makes me brilliant at improving someone's self-image but I end up being disappointed with not having that person 'as perfect' as I thought.
Can you relate to this?

Hmm, I have heard that people with Neptune in 5th are in love with the idea of love.
I do see myself in this description, though. Only slightly. Like, for example, when a guy has had problems in the past or something I feel responsible for keeping him happy, I have an urge to nurture them. I've never been with anyone that bad though.

This is nice. Any person would have problems but it's a different story when you always feel attracted to the 'problem-holders'.
Thanks!

Last edited:

StillOne

I suppose the Sign would make alot of difference too especially heightening it in water. Is there alot of glamorization of a person & ending up being disappointed with the 'real person'?
As a Pisces Asc I do tend to do that & always see the 'higher' side of a person which on one-hand makes me brilliant at improving someone's self-image but I end up being disappointed with not having that person 'as perfect' as I thought.
Can you relate to this?
Well, I think by the way I grew up/what my chart is composed of, I was always a bit insecure (cancer asc). So, I think I tended to put people on pedestals that I really admired and was enamoured with. Also, I think I looked for answers from others in my search for meaning. Often times I would sacrifice myself somehow for these people possibly in order for them to like me or for me to try and belong.

My Nep Ven conjunction lies in Sag. I think that explains a few things... I think if you look at my chart that, this is the focal point of my whole chart as I have a "structure" that points to this position. However, I don't want to discuss this here and derail the thread...

So, one thing, I think ultimately people couldn't give me what I was looking for so it is inevitable that I be dissapointed since I had such high expectations/fantasies/desires. It makes sense that all would eventually fail...

It's interesting that I'm writing about this now, as it seems I'm really evalutating all my relationships at the moment and trying to figure out how healthy they really are for me. Seems I've been disillusioned for most of my life in that respect. Indeed, I'd say most of my relationships have been disappointing...

I think learning about astrology and, especially this position, has enabled me to see deeper into situations and life in general. I suppose, an awakening of sorts. I'm finding that my circle of "friends" is quickly growing smaller as I'm really contemplating the reality of them versus my idealization of them. I feel it's ultimately a good thing.

I've always had a very deep and active mind (merc in scorp) so learning about this particular planetary situation has really helped elvate my existence. I think a lot of my nature has, unfortunately, been hidden from me due to my Moon in the 12th as well as having many quincunx aspects(yods) which I've heard lends to compartmentalization.

Last edited:

Judy_AzVirgo

Well, I don't have Neptune in the 5th house but do have an analogous situation: Pisces on the 5th cusp, with ruler Neptune at the 12th cusp.

I do think Bob Marks exaggerates some, even for those who DO have Neptune in the 5th. But I have attracted more than my fair share of heavy drinkers over the years, even though I hardly ever drink. Second husband gave up alcohol after about 1-1/2 years of marriage, and he hasn't touched the stuff since. We just celebrated our 12th anniversary. Pretty good marriage.... not perfect, but pretty good. Is it ever 'perfect'? (I believe that 'soul mates' are created through long relationship, never perfect from the get-go.)

Dealing with this kind of Neptune situation, it helps to have planets that are more practical, realistic and balanced -- the kind of planets that keep you from getting into situations where you have to dial 911.

Blackempress

Well,=

Dealing with this kind of Neptune situation, it helps to have planets that are more practical, realistic and balanced -- the kind of planets that keep you from getting into situations where you have to dial 911.

This is wise advise!

Well, I think by the way I grew up/what my chart is composed of, I was always a bit insecure (cancer asc). So, I think I tended to put people on pedestals that I really admired and was enamoured with. Also, I think I looked for answers from others in my search for meaning. Often times I would sacrifice myself somehow for these people possibly in order for them to like me or for me to try and belong.

My Nep Ven conjunction lies in Sag. I think that explains a few things... I think if you look at my chart that, this is the focal point of my whole chart as I have a "structure" that points to this position. However, I don't want to discuss this here and derail the thread...

So, one thing, I think ultimately people couldn't give me what I was looking for so it is inevitable that I be dissapointed since I had such high expectations/fantasies/desires. It makes sense that all would eventually fail...

I've always had a very deep and active mind (merc in scorp) so learning about this particular planetary situation has really helped elvate my existence. I think a lot of my nature has, unfortunately, been hidden from me due to my Moon in the 12th as well as having many quincunx aspects(yods) which I've heard lends to compartmentalization.

This is what I had in mind as well. I can usually relate to heavy Neptune effects & that's how I end up feeling as well. Good that it spurred your insight ! I didn't know the Quincunx led to compartmentalisation. I have a few of those myself. :whistling:

StillOne

I think Neptune is quite difficult since it's quite intangible. It tends to fool us over and over. On the other hand, it can be beautiful as well. Very interesting as it's not a very logical planet so for someone with a lot of Air in their chart, Neptune is quite difficult to grasp IMO.

Here's a quote and link on the quincunx:
What I have found is that people with quincunxes tend to compartmentalize the two areas of life indicated by the planets and points involved.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/inconjunctaspects.html

tsquare

Neptune is not a planet of self preservation.

Learn how to look out for number 1.

If you havn't looked out for number 1 for quite some time then theirs a good chance someone else isn't going to like that.

When you start hearing stuff about your big ego, personal agenda, and unrealistic demands, get rid of the person.

Chances are you gave so much already for absolutely nothing in return.
Some people are nothing but a life drain with serious problems they have no agenda to solve their self. You might think your dealing with a good person at times who really wants to change but some people only say stuff like that like a con artist salesman.

Self undoing.
Stop doing it before it's too late.