The Vertex

Amazon1963

Love it when I come across these treasure troves of information on this forum! Thank you so very much for sharing this site with the forum, Sorehearted! Certainly helped me to better understand my Vx placement. Uncanny actually, the interpretation for it.

Cancer: In this life, you will be pulled into dealing directly with the public, with the media, with the emotions of others often this starts with the emotional issues in the family, depending upon the Vertex House position. In dealing with the emotional issues in your relationships with others, you will be drawn into soothing troubled water and nurturing others‚ needs. You may also be drawn into dealing with issues connected with women in general. Cancer is the sign of the masses, mass trends and Universal Consciousness. This position can provide and opportunity to assess and spot trends on behalf of the public interest.

The natural tendency with the anti-vertex in Capricorn is to appear authoritative and unemotional. Now you are to learn compassion for the feelings of others. In this lifetime, you cannot let others down. You must get emotionally involved and care!

On the most superficial level of this interpretation, I have certainly been involved with the 'masses and the media' over the years. Volunteer work and career work have continued to bring me into the limelight in some form or another. Strange, because I usually avoid publicity.

Also, the Vx in Cancer is located in my 8th house. Again, an 'others' related type placement.

Eighth House: The House of Renewal
INVESTMENTS
Elimination. The extraction of essences. Expenditures. Death and legacies. Investments, other people’s possessions. Corporations. The stock market. Taxes. Sex and regeneration. Healing. Sexual attitudes and behavior. Marriage and shared resources. Inheritance. Insurance.

Thank you again!

Amazon1963

C1

Thank you, Sorehearted,
for this Vertex link.

I posted a comment,
and
then read Amazon 1963's post--
what synchronicity...it is
so interesting!
and very cool 8) C1

Lunar Pisces

Interesting. My Vertex in in Aqua, conjunct my NN and Mars.

When tolerance is not an issue for the individual, I find that there is some difficulty working with group energy. One client felt that she needed to learn to function and protect herself while working within groups.

I feel this way often. Even though I'm very tolerant (except for stupidity - I do need to work on being patient with idiots, but who doesn't?), I often feel "crowded" mentally, emotionally and psychically in groups, and I have a lot trouble with reciprocal behavior and communciation within a group. It can get so bad that I just shutdown. Non-astrtologically, I can attribute this to having Asperger's Syndrome, but astrologically I always attributed it to my large amount of mutable sign + heavy air influence in my chart. I suppose this would include my Vertex, but I never actually consider it has that significant in this specific issue. [/quote]