Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Predictive Astrology > Progressions

Progressions For discussions on secondary progressions in predictive astrology.

Unread 05-25-2010, 05:03 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to freedomlover
Progressed Moon conjunct Progressed Mars

I have a quick question:

Recently, I was looking in the chart of a male friend of mine. I noticed that his Progressed Moon will be making a conjunction to his Progressed Mars. The conjunction will take place in his Progressed 5th house, natal 7th. Progressed Mars is retrograde, but was direct in his natal chart.

I'm looking for brainstorming and also personal experiences on how this energy could manifest. This person does not have children, nor does he plan to - so I do not think that it refers to children. How else could this energy manifest?

Thanks to all who will add their insight.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." ~Albert Einstein
Unread 05-25-2010, 11:56 AM
Banned

Re: Progressed Moon conjunct Progressed Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomlover View Post
I have a quick question:

Recently, I was looking in the chart of a male friend of mine. I noticed that his Progressed Moon will be making a conjunction to his Progressed Mars. The conjunction will take place in his Progressed 5th house, natal 7th. Progressed Mars is retrograde, but was direct in his natal chart.

I'm looking for brainstorming and also personal experiences on how this energy could manifest. This person does not have children, nor does he plan to - so I do not think that it refers to children. How else could this energy manifest?

Thanks to all who will add their insight.
Well 7th house is all about relationships and being emotionally assertive. I don't use progressed house, to me it more important in the natal. Just recently I been looking more closely into retrograde planets natally and it seems to suggest a 'lack' of something. I have mercury retro and went direct age 19, so my own analysis from childhood was I wasn't able to ask for or communicate well in home environment, bit like mercury in 12th to.

"Mars Retrograde
* reconsiders before expressing anger
* finds competitive situations hard to handle
* tends to repress and so ....
* can become depressed "

http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/retrogradeplanets.htm#neprx

So this person then although having a mars direct, will have grown and progressed into someone who has learnt not to assert, act and behave or prefers a more quieter life perhaps. Lot also depends on the signs, where cancer rules, how natal mars is aspected etc.

Unread 05-26-2010, 10:38 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to freedomlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrologer50 View Post
Well 7th house is all about relationships and being emotionally assertive. I don't use progressed house, to me it more important in the natal. Just recently I been looking more closely into retrograde planets natally and it seems to suggest a 'lack' of something. I have mercury retro and went direct age 19, so my own analysis from childhood was I wasn't able to ask for or communicate well in home environment, bit like mercury in 12th to.

"Mars Retrograde
* reconsiders before expressing anger
* finds competitive situations hard to handle
* tends to repress and so ....
* can become depressed "

http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/retrogradeplanets.htm#neprx

So this person then although having a mars direct, will have grown and progressed into someone who has learnt not to assert, act and behave or prefers a more quieter life perhaps. Lot also depends on the signs, where cancer rules, how natal mars is aspected etc.

Thanks for your input, Astrologer50. I had the same problem as you as a child - did not feel I could communicate in my childhood home. I have Mercury Rx in Sag in the 12th.

But on to the topic......The part about "tends to repress", and then becomes "depressed" stands out to me. His Mars went retrograde when he was a toddler - and he is 49 now. So it's a lifelong thing with him. I do think the Progressed Moon hitting it is going to be very significant though.
He also had a definite lack of "motherly love"/nurturing/emotional understanding.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." ~Albert Einstein
Unread 05-26-2010, 11:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for your input, Astrologer50. I had the same problem as you as a child - did not feel I could communicate in my childhood home. I have Mercury Rx in Sag in the 12th.
Hey I can top that, I have moon opp neptune - mother was emotionally unavailable

Tags
conjunct, mars, moon, progressed