Random Thoughts, strictly Text

petosiris

Banned
Convenient, but not necessarily astrologically correct. We choose them, they're not emblazoned in the sky. That includes all the sidereal Sign-boundaries as well.

Yes, it is emblazoned. That is exactly why everyone uses one tropical zodiac, while there are at least a dozen sidereal ones.

petosiris

Banned
I meant that you can't see them, even with a telescope. They have to be calculated relative to the Sun's transit.

If you think about it more deeply, the ecliptic is the best tool to use to measure the seasonal effects of the planets, because although the Moon is at the Ascendant sometimes hours before or after moonrise, the hours it spends above the earth or below the earth is related to its zodiacal degree, so that it really isn't just based on the Sun, but rather on the seasons of the planets, which they all experience. Parans and in mundo charts are not the way to go in astrology, the ecliptic is.

Last edited:

david starling

If you think about it more deeply, the ecliptic is the best tool to use to measure the seasonal effects of the planets, because although the Moon is at the Ascendant sometimes hours before or after moonrise, the hours it spends above the earth or below the earth is related to its zodiacal degree, so that it really isn't just based on the Sun, but rather on the seasons of the planets, which they all experience. Parans and in mundo charts are not the way to go in astrology, the ecliptic is.

I totally agree!

petosiris

Banned
The tropical Signs are measured intervals. Why not divide a seasonal quadrant in half, instead of thirds?

This remind me of astrologers saying that there should be twelve houses only because of the whole sign system, the whole argument for which is ridiculous, because then you can just ask them your question in the same way.

I stand by the opinion that there should be exactly three divisions of the angles and the seasons, beginning, middle and end, and that effects are perceptibly real only with these divisions, not because there is no blending or change at every second, but because of predomination of particular powers and qualities.

Last edited:

david starling

This remind me of astrologers saying that there should be twelve houses only because of the whole sign system, the whole argument of which is ridiculous, because then you can just ask them your question in the same way.

I stand by the opinion that there should be exactly three divisions of the angles and the seasons, beginning, middle and end, and that effects are perceptibly real only with these divisions.

Since I use that configuration myself, I share that perception. However, I can't discount the perception of siderealists that there's an alternative angle of view.

conspiracy theorist

I've been absent, but very nice to see so many elaborate discussions developing throughout the forum. Good to see some older names reentering the space, too. And in such a forceful manner.

You asked me about the origin of "the storm", David. I don't have an answer to that. I'd imagine that you would say that the gloominess and general malaise is as a result of the tropical age of Capricorn, and with Saturn, Pluto and now Jupiter in the sign that energy signature would be augmented. While I see the validity in that viewpoint, since I don't subscribe to an astrological cosmology (cosmology in the sense of the universe in its totality) I couldn't say that the origin lies in the astrological ages. Some Hindus believe that we're in a Kali Yuga, and perhaps that might be having its affects. But even if I subscribed to a Hindu or Buddhist cosmology, would I say that the Yugas or Kalpas were the "origin" of "the storm"? Or merely markers in time for something that has its origins outside of time?

On the ground, I do know of a good amount of people who have an intuitive sense of the heaviness of this particular period in time. There has been a bunch of suicides and admissions of hopelessness within a close enough proximity to me. A lot aren't coping.

david starling

I've been absent, but very nice to see so many elaborate discussions developing throughout the forum. Good to see some older names reentering the space, too. And in such a forceful manner.

You asked me about the origin of "the storm", David. I don't have an answer to that. I'd imagine that you would say that the gloominess and general malaise is as a result of the tropical age of Capricorn, and with Saturn, Pluto and now Jupiter in the sign that energy signature would be augmented. While I see the validity in that viewpoint, since I don't subscribe to an astrological cosmology (cosmology in the sense of the universe in its totality) I couldn't say that the origin lies in the astrological ages. Some Hindus believe that we're in a Kali Yuga, and perhaps that might be having its affects. But even if I subscribed to a Hindu or Buddhist cosmology, would I say that the Yugas or Kalpas were the "origin" of "the storm"? Or merely markers in time for something that has its origins outside of time?

On the ground, I do know of a good amount of people who have an intuitive sense of the heaviness of this particular period in time. There has been a bunch of suicides and admissions of hopelessness within a close enough proximity to me. A lot aren't coping.

Life expectancy is down in the U.S. due to so many suicides and drug overdoses, mostly among younger people.

david starling

Jupiter to the rescue? It just ingressed Capricorn, armed and ready for battle. About a year from now, Jupiter will catch up with Saturn, just as it ingresses Aquarius.

Last edited:

david starling

Already mentioned it somewhere, that in addition to the theory that Signs but not rulerships blend at the cusps, as one Sign transitions into the next, there's the Orb theory. That's where the designated Orb of a Sign-ruler extends past the boundaries and activates the adjacent Sign. So, regarding how close the tropical Age Window, or, more graphically appealing, the Age Trident, is to reaching Aquarius, Aquarian qualities are already in effect during this tropical Age of Capricorn. Unfortunately, Saturn, as the Age-sign ruler, has control of them. For me, this explains a lot, especially the misuse of high technology to enslave rather than liberate.

Gemini888

For a few days I suffered from a period of unknown depression. I couldn't bring myself to continue with the thesis. Whenever I opened the document something just stopped me right in the middle and before I knew it I found myself doing anything else other than working. And just this morning I finally found out why I was unable to work. It was because the particular convo I was analyzing was invalid, the entire convo was just two people rambling and not based on any solid context. I substituted it with another convo and I suddenly found the energy to continue.

I checked the transit, and the scary part was that my burst of energy coincided with Jupiter moving to Capricorn. Jupiter is in its fall in Cap, but I don't seem to feel that much bogged down. If anything, I think Cap Jupiter wants me to find more practical solution to problems.

Last edited: