Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Mundane Astrology

Mundane Astrology Discuss the astrology of towns, cities, states, provinces, countries, empires, and the world in general.

Unread 11-29-2006, 07:20 PM

2007 Forecast for Scorpios?

Hi - I'm confused by something I read on Cafeastrology. They provide 2007 forecasts by sign and they break out the forecasts into 3 groupings, based on birth dates. So for example, my birthday is November 3 and so I read the forecast for Scorpios born between Nov 3-12.

Anyway, the forecast mentions that Saturn is still in my 10th house. This totally confuses me because when I look up my transits on Astro.com that shows Saturn to be transiting my 12th house. My solar return Saturn is in the 9th. Where are they getting that Saturn is in my 10th house right now (and apparently for all Nov 3-12 Scorpios).

Same thing for other planets they mention. They say Jupiter is in my 2nd house in 2007. Don't see that in either my transit or solar return chart.

Anyone know? Thanks.

Dakota

Unread 11-29-2006, 11:20 PM

Re: 2007 Forecast for Scorpios?

I read the sign where my progressed ascendant is in astro.com when looking at general forecasts. This seems to coincide with my actual natal transits.
Try it and let me know.
Unread 11-30-2006, 01:24 AM

I believe what a lot of the yearly prediction type companies do is set your ascendant to the same as your sun sign. Believe it or not I have found using your sun sign as your acs to be pretty accurate in many cases. L.
Unread 11-30-2006, 07:43 AM

OP, I think maybe your rising sign is in Capricorn, hence why Saturn is in your 12th house of Sagittarius, maybe?

My rising is in Scorpio, so Saturn is indeed in my 10th House and Jupiter is in my second house. It's based purely on Sun sign and the forecast doesnt take into a/c your rising sign, I think...

I'm new to this lark, so pls forgive any gross inaccuracies and correct 'em ASAP - cheers!
Unread 11-30-2006, 02:30 PM

You need to separate Sun Sun from Moon Sign from Rising Sign. If your Rising Sign is in Scorpio, the house placements move this way: 1st house - Scorpio, 2nd house - Sagittarius, 3rd house - Capricorn, etc. That means that Leo is on the 10th house, which puts Saturn currently transitting Leo in your 10th.

The reason they are telling you this is because to a certain extent, even though you may not be a Scorpio Rising, these placements may still affect you. Also, if the house placements don't affect you, be sure to check out simple aspects. For example, even though Saturn may not be in your 10th house currently, it's still squaring your Sun (if you're in the alotted orb 18 - 24 degrees). So, take the Scorp readings with a grain of salt.

If you want a better explanation at your house placements for your RISING SIGN (which is Capricorn, someone mentioned it) and look up the horoscope for that. This would mean Capricorn is on the 1st house, Aquarius is on the 2nd, Pisces is on the 3rd, Aries is on the 4th, etc.

Hope this has helped,
Catatonia
Unread 11-30-2006, 07:36 PM

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Unfortunately, I'm still lost.

If I look at my solar return on Astro.com it shows Scorpio being on the ascendant. Still, even with Scorpio on the ascendant, Saturn is not in my 10th, it's in my 9th and Jupiter is in my 1st, not my 2nd.

A progressed chart doesn't show the placements as indicated in the Cafeastrology 2007 forecast either.

My rising sign is Virgo, not Capricorn.

Can I conclude that the 2007 forecast is worthless? What should I be looking at on Astro.com - solar return, transits, progressed?
Unread 12-01-2006, 04:24 AM

Look at the degrees this company is using and it might explain some stuff. I would need to look at the chart to figure it out. If they are using the method that I think they are using, then they would of set your acs. to 0 degrees scorpio. L.
Unread 12-01-2006, 04:40 AM

The solar return chart is totally different from the type of chart you are asking about at even if they have the same scorpio asc. You can have a scorpio asc in both charts but have transiting saturn in leo fall in the 9th or 10th. They are two different charts. I'm not going to say that the chart you are looking at is useless you just need to understand what it is you are looking at so you can make that call. I "believe" the technique they are using is where they assign all sun sign scorpios a scorpio rising at 0 degrees. All of the following houses would be 30 degrees exactly starting with the 0 degree of each sign on the cusp. It's a very generic type of chart that isn't highly accurate but fun to look at none the less. I've often found a good chunk of truth in those type of charts even though they are not very accurate. They will not be the same as your solar return chart. I hope that helps. Remember you don't have to figure all this stuff out immediately. L.

Tags
2007, forecast, scorpios