Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Chinese Astrology

Chinese Astrology 本板块使用英语讨论中国占星术。This forum will hold discussion on Chinese Astrology in English language.

Unread 02-16-2010, 04:17 PM

Re: Chinese New Year 2010 - Year of Tiger Chinese Astrology

According to your chart,you are the female metal in the day together with two metals in the month pillar so in all you have three metal out of 8 elements.

And the metal born in autumn is very strong, so you bear enough your peer in the natal chart. I'd suggest that first fire then water is your lucky element , they can control your metal element into a balanced quantity, which is still need to be confirmed by your transit luck.

Different sex have different route of transit, presuming you are a girl, then your transit year would be:

According to your chart,you are the female metal in the day together with two metals in the month pillar so in all you have three metal out of 8 elements.

And the metal born in autumn is very strong, so you bear enough your peer in the natal chart. I'd suggest that first fire then water is your lucky element , they can control your metal element into a balanced quantity, which is still need to be confirmed by your transit luck.

Different sex have different route of transit, presuming you are a girl, then your transit year would be:

0-10 years old yang water(express and show your talents)
10-20 yin water
20-30 yang wood(your money and resources)
30-40 yin wood(your money and resources)
40-50 yang fire(your husband and boss and career and fame)
50-60 yin fire(your husband and boss and career and fame)
60-70 yang mud(mud is something could look after you)
70-80 yin mud(mud is something could look after you)
80-90 yang metal

If any period is your best time in life, we could take that period element to be your lucky element. To make a guess according to your natal chart, your fire year is your best yesr in your life?

Ascendant (Capricorn)
Sun-Mercury-Venus (Aqua)
Moon (Scorpio)

N.Node in Taurus in 4th house
Sabian symbol -The Pot Of Gold At The End Of The Rainbow
Unread 02-16-2010, 05:29 PM

Dear Candiceaqua,
Thank you so much for this detailed analyse! I am impressed how you see all that "stuff" from this pic, yes I am female and born in autumn (7 oct 1953).
Quote:
I'd suggest that first fire then water is your lucky element , they can control your metal element into a balanced quantity
Oh, yes, I see your logic here, fire to controle and water to realise so much metal!

Quote:
To make a guess according to your natal chart, your fire year is your best yesr in your life?
Yes, 40-50 yang fire and 50-60 yin fire, but also 10-20 yin water!
Thanks for your kind explanation, now I understand how to look at Chinese 5 element chart!
Unread 02-17-2010, 01:44 AM

lt is my pleasure to offer you some information.

Ascendant (Capricorn)
Sun-Mercury-Venus (Aqua)
Moon (Scorpio)

Unread 02-18-2010, 12:38 AM

Fensi 88,

Your Day Master Metal is very strong. But it's not strong enough to become a special case birth chart. (Your birth chart is not an Extremely Strong Case)

So you can choose Water and Wood are your lucky elements. Wood represents your money. But you won't feel too much wealth increase, if only some Wood comes from cycle. For example, 2010 is a Metal Tiger year. Tiger contains Wood. Wood is money. But it has to share all the Metal in your birth chart and the Metal in 2010. So you don't have too much left . you still see the money .

Your money year needs a cycle coming with strong Wood. Water can protect Wood from Metal. There is no Water in your Branches (animals). Water Rat and Water Pig can help you to generate the income. If the Yearly Cycle and 10-Year Major Cycle come in with Wood and Water, then that will be a good year to you.

Any good luck or not for our life, the key is in the 10-year cycles, because that the luck lasts for 10 years.

So we have to find how many lucky 10-year cycles in our life.

Usually, people have two 10-year Major Cycles (20-year) good luck. Luckier people have 30-year good luck. Some people's luck years come after age 80 - they must be very unlucky.

Allen Tsai

Last edited by Master Tsai; 02-18-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Unread 02-18-2010, 05:35 AM

Dear Allen, thank you for your analyze and explanation especially for this :

Quote:
Any good luck or not for our life, the key is in the 10-year cycles, because that the luck lasts for 10 years.
I did not know that, thanks for pointing this out! Now I will generate 10-year cycles chart for me and analyze it! Thanks once more.
Unread 02-18-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Your Day Master Metal is very strong. But it's not strong enough to become a special case birth chart.
I have one more question. How much it has to be strong for special case chart? How do you look that? In percentages? Please explain!
Thanks.
Unread 02-18-2010, 04:28 PM

Dear Candice , wow, we really get some info from you!! Great! I dont know if I can understand it all, looks extremely complicated and I thought normal astrology was complicated! Thank you , I will have a good look at everything first before I will come with questions. It is nice to see this board come to life!

Starlink
Unread 02-18-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
you are the female metal in the day together with two metals in the month pillar
Candice, in Fensi's chart I cannot see two metals in the month pillar. Is the other one not the white chicken? Where do you find the 3rd metal?
Unread 02-19-2010, 04:40 AM

Smile Re: Chinese New Year 2010 - Year of Tiger Chinese Astrology

Hi Starlink,

The characteristics of the five elements , metal, wood, fire, water and Earth, impact the twelve animals of the Chinese Zodiac by assigning different characteristics to the animals . Since the twelve animals of the Chinese Zodiac actually represent a period of time, in this case a year (the 12 branches), assigning one of the five elements to each of the twelve years (12 branches) actually creates 60 different combinations. Rather than operating in 12-year cycles, the Chinese Zodiac is actually based on a system of 60-year cycles.

Each of the 12 animals are governed by an element plus a Yin Yang Direction.
  1. Rat (Yang, 1st Trine, Fixed Element Water).
  2. Ox (Yin, 2nd Trine, Fixed Element Water).
  3. Tiger (Yang, 3rd Trine, Fixed Element Wood).
  4. Rabbit (Yin, 4th Trine, Fixed Element Wood).
  5. Dragon (Yang, 1st Trine, Fixed Element Wood).
  6. Snake (Yin, 2nd Trine, Fixed Element Fire).
  7. Horse (Yang, 3rd Trine, Fixed Element Fire).
  8. Goat (Yin, 4th Trine, Fixed Element Fire).
  9. Monkey (Yang, 1st Trine, Fixed Element Metal).
  10. Chicken (Yin, 2nd Trine, Fixed Element Metal).
  11. Dog (Yang, 3rd Trine, Fixed Element Metal).
  12. Pig (Yin, 4th Trine, Fixed Element Water).
Zodiac Animal ---Western Zodiac

rat /子 --------------- Aquarius
ox / bull
------ Capricorn
tiger/ 寅 ----------- Sagi
hare / rabbit
--- Scorpio
dragon --------- Libra
snake ---------- Virgo
horse
------------ Leo
ram / sheep
--- Cancer
monkey ------- Gemini
rooster
-------- Taurus
dog
------------- Aries
boar / pig 亥 ------------
Pisces

Below is some pdf for your to download if you are interested:
http://www.heluo.nl/articles/Additio...ourPillars.pdf

How to determine your luck elements--useful god for you:
http://www.heluo.nl/articles/FourPillarsUsefulGod.pdf

Easy way to build four pillar chart yourself:
http://www.heluo.nl/articles/FourPil...syFormulas.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlink View Post
Candice, in Fensi's chart I cannot see two metals in the month pillar. Is the other one not the white chicken? Where do you find the 3rd metal?

Ascendant (Capricorn)
Sun-Mercury-Venus (Aqua)
Moon (Scorpio)

Last edited by candiceaqua; 02-19-2010 at 05:04 AM.
Unread 02-19-2010, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fensi88 View Post
I have one more question. How much it has to be strong for special case chart? How do you look that? In percentages? Please explain!
Thanks.
If a birth chart contains only the same kind of elements and mother elements, then we can say the Day Master of the birth chart is Extremely Strong.
Unread 02-19-2010, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Dear Allen, thank you for your analyze and explanation especially for this :

I did not know that, thanks for pointing this out! Now I will generate 10-year cycles chart for me and analyze it! Thanks once more.

People's luck determines mainly by the Stems and Branches of 10-Year Major Cycle and Yearly Cycle.

If both of Stem and Branch of Major Cycle contain the lucky element, and both of Stem and Branch of Yearly Cycle also contain the lucky element, then that will be a wonderful year.

If both of Stem and Branch of Major Cycle contain the lucky element, but both of Stem and Branch of Yearly Cycle contain the unlucky element, then the person has at least 50% luck in that year. But the next year, the luck will be better.

If both of Stem and Branch of Major Cycle contain the unlucky element, but both of Stem and Branch of Yearly Cycle contain the lucky element, then the person has 50% luck. But the next year, the luck might be worse - because the next year might not have lucky element in the Stem and Branch.

2010 is Tiger Wood cycle. 2011 is Rabbit Wood cycle. 2012 is Dragon Wood and Earth cycle. The Wood Cycle covers 2.5 years.

2013 is Snake Fire Year. 2014 is Horse Fire Year. 2015 is Sheep Fire and Earth Year. The Fire Cycle covers 2.5 year.

The luck of Major Cycles last for 10 year. If a persons lucky element is Wood and he has two lucky Wood Major Cycles, which is 20 years. Then he should have a very good 2.5 Wood years during those 20 years.

Therefore, we can see that a person has any chance in his life roughly by looking for Major Cycles.
Unread 02-19-2010, 09:38 AM

Good heavens, Candice, you really know a lot about this!! I am impressed. Together with Master Tsai, we now have a comprehensible guide put together. I think I must print everything out, make a special order for "Chinese Astrology", take a cup of coffee and retreat on my sofa, in order to study all this in detail. It is overwhelming! 60 year cycles!! Cant believe someone can keep this all in their memory.
Thank you very very much for your patient explanations.

Kind regards,
Starlink (also Moon in by the way!)
Unread 02-19-2010, 10:27 AM

Dear Starlink,

I learned a lot from your excellent understanding of horary, I love horary! I'd be glad to offer you information you are interested.

Kind regards,
Candiceaqua

Ascendant (Capricorn)
Sun-Mercury-Venus (Aqua)
Moon (Scorpio)

Unread 02-19-2010, 12:52 PM

Thanks Cadice! So far it looks to me as if Chinese astrology is as complex as the Chinese language itself, LOL! I am a Taurus with a Saturn-Mercury exact square, so I need some time to absorb all this as you can well imagine.

For instance, I seem to be a Green Monkey who is born in the year of the Red Pig. I always thought I WAS a Red Pig (Fire Pig) only. I have NO idea what a Green Monkey is all about. Now the person (me) is equivalent to Male Wood, but I am a female. Is it possible to see the "male" and "female" in a chinese chart? Like maybe the Hour (is here the birth hour meant?). My hour is Female Water.

Yes, I love horary astrology but still dont know half of what I should know I feel. I rely very much on my intuition which does play a big role in horary I have noticed.
Like with that horary you and I are busy with, the question Tikana posted. Not easy to see if the wife keeps the job or looses it. I am really curious to know the outcome.
If I am completely at loss for an answer, I use the "Yes or No" technique from Marc Edmund Jones which I find surprisingly reliable. I only use the very basic method, because his book goes into so much complex business, it is too much for me.
So then I looked at the house representing the job and the opposite house, and those planets also dont perfect. So answer is no (I think). We will have to see
Unread 02-19-2010, 02:39 PM

Master Tsai, thanks for this additional explanation!
Candiceaqua thank you so much for links you posted!
Unread 02-19-2010, 04:47 PM

Dear Starlink,

It is really a wonderful thing to absorb such delicate and beautiful art! Astrology, no matter occidental or oriental, both are very delicate art.

In 4 pillar astrology Chart, you will have 8 elements with different sex. If one has 8 male elements, it is not a very balanced one, it is called---Pure Yang Chart.(The person will be very strong-minded and stubborn,not good for his female relatives and wife.If he has good transit, then he could achieve success, but that is very rare.If a female have the Pure Yang Chart, then she will not have a good marriage, and also not good for her female relatives,and may not have a good relationship with her mother),vice versa for the pure Yin Chart(all 8 elements are female).

If your birth date is:
Male wood represents:Big trees, good talent, easy to get famous in society(all depends on how many woods in the chart), Integrity, generosity, calm, motivated
Female wood represents: flowers and grass, supple,stable.

Horary is very interesting! I will find some works of Marc Edmund Jones to read.The opposite house is really important.Thanks for your suggesstions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlink View Post
Thanks Cadice! So far it looks to me as if Chinese astrology is as complex as the Chinese language itself, LOL! I am a Taurus with a Saturn-Mercury exact square, so I need some time to absorb all this as you can well imagine.

For instance, I seem to be a Green Monkey who is born in the year of the Red Pig. I always thought I WAS a Red Pig (Fire Pig) only. I have NO idea what a Green Monkey is all about. Now the person (me) is equivalent to Male Wood, but I am a female. Is it possible to see the "male" and "female" in a chinese chart? Like maybe the Hour (is here the birth hour meant?). My hour is Female Water.

Yes, I love horary astrology but still dont know half of what I should know I feel. I rely very much on my intuition which does play a big role in horary I have noticed.
Like with that horary you and I are busy with, the question Tikana posted. Not easy to see if the wife keeps the job or looses it. I am really curious to know the outcome.
If I am completely at loss for an answer, I use the "Yes or No" technique from Marc Edmund Jones which I find surprisingly reliable. I only use the very basic method, because his book goes into so much complex business, it is too much for me.
So then I looked at the house representing the job and the opposite house, and those planets also dont perfect. So answer is no (I think). We will have to see

Ascendant (Capricorn)
Sun-Mercury-Venus (Aqua)
Moon (Scorpio)

Unread 02-19-2010, 04:57 PM

Dear Fensi88,

Very glad that I could be any help of you.

If you are interested in Chinese Astrology, I could find some information for you, I have a few Chinese friend who are very good at this.

Best wishes,
Candiceaqua

Ascendant (Capricorn)
Sun-Mercury-Venus (Aqua)
Moon (Scorpio)

Unread 02-19-2010, 04:59 PM

Dear Fensi88,

Very glad that I could be any help of you.

If you are interested in Chinese Astrology, I could find some information for you.

Best wishes,
Candiceaqua

Ascendant (Capricorn)
Sun-Mercury-Venus (Aqua)
Moon (Scorpio)

Unread 02-19-2010, 05:07 PM

Unfortunatelly, right now I have no such time to go detailed in Chinese astrology, hope I will have it in next life !
Unread 02-21-2010, 07:42 AM

It really needs time to consume all that, lucky that I know the exsitance of horary not too late and got time to study!

Quote:
Unfortunatelly, right now I have no such time to go detailed in Chinese astrology, hope I will have it in next life !

Ascendant (Capricorn)
Sun-Mercury-Venus (Aqua)
Moon (Scorpio)

Unread 05-27-2011, 05:34 AM

In China, the year of tiger will have many new born babies, because Chinese people believe that their tiger baby can be very smart and lucky.
Unread 05-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Account Closed

Hi Candice,

can you tell us the site you got the free reading at the top of the page? I've been to it a thousand times but not recently, and keep finding fake trash on the net when I search for it. Thanks.

How can we learn a little about how the Chinese ascendant affects the native? I'm really interested in this, and have a few books on it - but it does not talk about it much. (2011 year of the metal RABBIT)

----- Ascendant calculator...I was born in spring time - 1 hour AHEAD of normal GMT...GMT+1...do I remove one hour for calculation of the ascendant?-------I keep finding 'you are white tiger' so why in the world is the YEAR of our birth so popular today? Is this like the Sun signs in western astrology? So...I was born on the day of the metal tiger...should I really be paying attention to who and what the metal tiger is and not my year - the fire rabbit?

Year of the yin - fire rabbit (rabbit naturally - wood)
Month of yang +wood dragon (dragon naturally + earth)
day of yang +metal tiger (tiger naturally +wood)
hour of the yang +water hourse (hourse naturally -fire)

Try: http://www.feng-shui-institute.org/free4pillars.htm

Last edited by byjove; 05-27-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Unread 05-27-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byjove View Post
I keep finding 'you are white tiger' so why in the world is the YEAR of our birth so popular today? Is this like the Sun signs in western astrology? So...I was born on the day of the metal tiger...should I really be paying attention to who and what the metal tiger is and not my year - the fire rabbit?
Hi,

There are a lot of finer details to 4P astrology, but in big lines:
the year pillar dominates the early childhood
month pillar is very active in the youth
day pillar determines the adult period
and hour pillar governs the old age.

You are considered a Yang Metal person (because that's the day stem element), and the other elements in the chart are then interpreted according to the 5 elements.

Of course there is much more to it.

PS: that site is also using my free calculator without giving the link to my site as per the terms of use, they removed it. Not very fair.

Fourpillars.net
LunaticTrader Blog
Unread 05-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Account Closed

Hmm I'm not sure if this is only for learning or can we discuss things here, but what happens if when you marry a person, your two ruling animals at that time are perfectly compatible, and the next stage, totally incompatible. Oh dear...! I've got to look out for that.

Another thing...I could be going down the wrong track here, but in people's opinions...would you consider Chinese astrology, as represented in the West to be 'misleading' in the same way that western astrology 'sun signs' are only one part of your life story? Would people instead recommed focussing on the characters of the stage of life you are in?

Hmm food for though. And thank you for the reply above ^^^
Unread 09-25-2011, 01:19 AM

Me.

Me be Tiger!

Tags
2010, astrology, calendar, chinese, lunar, new year, tiger, year