Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Career-related Horary Questions

Career-related Horary Questions For horary questions related to career, jobs, vocational issues.

Unread 04-18-2020, 10:04 PM

Referral to popular tech company

Hi everyone,

I came across a role online and randomly messaged someone I've never met and managed to get an internal referral and he's going to reach out to the hiring manager to flag my application. I'm currently looking for a job so this is a positive. I have a couple concerns around the company, its a really popular online retailer and has been in the news quite often for treating their people poorly and its it's still in the same field that I'm in, which is annoying and its not public policy or social justice, or sustainability which I would much rather be working in.

On the positive side, this company looks amazing on your resume applying to grad school/ MBA because it's obviously one of the heavy hitters, they are moving at an insanely fast pace and so the learning will be amazing. but don't know the impact it will have on my public policy application.

Anyway i casted the chart, will I get the job?

I'm scorpio (mars + pluto for more modern horary), and the job is 10th house ruler (mercury).

- sun and moon have an approaching sextile so the overall energy is positive, I'm assuming because I have an internal reference.
- mercury and mars also have an approaching sextile which is positive
- I'm mars sitting in Aquarius where mercury is exalted, I'm assuming that either I receive the role well, or think highly of it.
- the thing i'm curious about is the 2nd house ruler is Jupiter and its in fall in cap, I'm wondering if that means that my money isn't good, but I'm assuming we have to reference the 2nd house of the job, so ruled by libra, and venus, which is making a trine to mars, which tells me they pay well.
- the other thing I found interesting is that Jupiter is in the same degree of the ascendent and descendent.

I didn't ask the question whether the job will be good for me or not. I figured it didn't make sense since it's so hard to get in, even with a referral and unexpected ally.

anyway, i'd be grateful for any additional insights, especially since I don't want to once again end up in a situation where I can't thrive.

Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 5.29.18 PM.png

Thanks, WJ

Unread 04-21-2020, 01:43 AM

Re: Referral to popular tech company

Yes, this does look very positive.
You mars will receive Venus, the employer, by trine, with mercury transferring light.
The 3rd house is very much involved, and this may be the contact you made who is helping you. Third ruler Saturn is conjunct Part of Fortune, and both are in the degree of the nodes, showing the decision is not in your hands.
Mercury, midheaven/career ruler will also sextile mars, after first aspecting Venus.
The 2nd is your income, and with south node there, and ruler Jupiter in its fall, you will not earn as much as you hoped, but with the sextile to ascendent it will be ok with you.
Good luck, keep us updated.
The Following User Says Thank You to ElenaJ For This Useful Post:
WisdomJoy (04-21-2020)
Unread 04-21-2020, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
You mars will receive Venus, the employer, by trine, with mercury transferring light.
The 3rd house is very much involved, and this may be the contact you made who is helping you. Third ruler Saturn is conjunct Part of Fortune, and both are in the degree of the nodes, showing the decision is not in your hands.
Mercury, midheaven/career ruler will also sextile mars, after first aspecting Venus.
The 2nd is your income, and with south node there, and ruler Jupiter in its fall, you will not earn as much as you hoped, but with the sextile to ascendent it will be ok with you.
Thanks so much Elena J, for the feedback. I'll definitely keep you posted! This guy I randomly reached out to is a program manager, I think that's a coveted position next to engineering there, so I'm thinking that he has some sway. He also went to Insead, one of the best schools- that makes me think they might have recruited him. He was super kind I'll keep you posted!
The Following User Says Thank You to WisdomJoy For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (04-21-2020)
Unread 04-21-2020, 03:30 AM

Quote:
I also have a question, are employers 10th house or 9th house? I always assumed that they were 10th for careers and 9th house is higher learning, like university of grad school.
Unread 04-21-2020, 08:22 AM

This is a good question, with not a good answer. It depends on who you agree with.
Some give the 10th to the employer, or the boss, while others assign the 6th.
The 6th rules servants, tenants, employees. The 10th is the king, the boss.
But the division isn't so clearcut.

This link is an interesting blogspot that discusses the topic from various viewpoints, including a fascinating historical context.
http://leephd.blogspot.com/2013/07/j...ributions.html

In the chart above I used the 6th, Venus, while the 10th is mercury, the profession.
The Following User Says Thank You to ElenaJ For This Useful Post:
WisdomJoy (04-21-2020)
Unread 04-21-2020, 05:12 PM

Quote:
This is a good question, with not a good answer. It depends on who you agree with.
Some give the 10th to the employer, or the boss, while others assign the 6th.
The 6th rules servants, tenants, employees. The 10th is the king, the boss.
But the division isn't so clearcut.

This link is an interesting blogspot that discusses the topic from various viewpoints, including a fascinating historical context.
http://leephd.blogspot.com/2013/07/j...ributions.html

In the chart above I used the 6th, Venus, while the 10th is mercury, the profession.

Thanks ElenaJ, so can someone use both then? Also, I have no idea how to read horary timing. Do you have any insight into when Mars will aspect Mercury (10th house) or Venus (6th house). I wanted to analyze if there was any delays with rona, but then I ended up being mars.
Unread 04-21-2020, 11:11 PM

employer/boss is the 10th house. Employee is the 6th. 9th is higher education.
I think your job start will be in June.
The Following User Says Thank You to kalinka For This Useful Post:
WisdomJoy (04-21-2020)
Unread 04-22-2020, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalinka View Post
employer/boss is the 10th house. Employee is the 6th. 9th is higher education.
I think your job start will be in June.
Thanks Kalinka, I appreciate your help on this.

I have an additional question, did I analyze it right to look at my 2nd house for income, or do I have to look at my 11th house, which is the employers 2nd to look at what their salary/ income would be? Also, what do I look at in the chart to determine if theres any 'regret' or issues that might come up.

I know that I asked specifically if I would get the job so it's not obligated to share more per say, but I have seen some analysis on other charts, I just am not sure how to apply it to mine.
Unread 04-22-2020, 09:11 AM

2nd house is your current income, that is why we look at the 2nd of the company. Venus is peregrine. Shows that the salary won't be really good. But you'll be ok with it because Moon is in Venus' term. Further look at receptions between your significators and the job. which are very good. So no regrets.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kalinka For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (04-22-2020), WisdomJoy (04-22-2020)
Unread 04-22-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalinka View Post
2nd house is your current income, that is why we look at the 2nd of the company. Venus is peregrine. Shows that the salary won't be really good. But you'll be ok with it because Moon is in Venus' term. Further look at receptions between your significators and the job. which are very good. So no regrets.
OH! this is what ElenaJ was referencing above, it just clicked for me the different ways you can look at it! Thanks so much!
kalinka (04-22-2020)
Unread 04-29-2020, 05:55 PM

Hey, just an update that I haven't heard anything from them. I sent a note to my contact two days ago as well and haven't heard back from him. I'm assuming he's doing some work internally and likely just doesn't have an update as of right now.
ElenaJ (04-29-2020)
Unread 05-05-2020, 10:05 PM

Hey- just wondering if anyone has any advice from the chart. I reached out to my contact last week but he's gone radio silent on me. I was thinking to send another note this week but really not trying to be a bother and turn off his help. Thanks a bunch.
Unread 05-06-2020, 01:33 AM

By instinct I wouldn't contact him again, he knows you are looking for an answer, he probably just doesn't have one for you.
Unread 05-06-2020, 02:10 AM

Okay thanks, I'll wait for him to connect back then.
ElenaJ (05-06-2020)
Unread 05-06-2020, 08:53 AM

It looks like Venus could be prohibiting the aspect? I didn't run the chart forward but it seems to intervene. Note that Venus rules house 7 here, your competitor. You guys already noticed Mercury receives Venus by house.

Aquarius is in the fall of Sun, so I think the sun/moon sextile holds some promise but I'd hesitate to say it will certainly deliver.
The Following User Says Thank You to ameliaastrology For This Useful Post:
WisdomJoy (05-15-2020)
Unread 05-06-2020, 09:01 AM

Mercury ruling the rest of house 7 where Venus is in doesn't look too good to me, either. It almost looks like the company houses your competitor. I hope I am wrong. Good luck, WJ!

Amelia
WisdomJoy (05-15-2020)
Unread 05-06-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliaastrology View Post
It looks like Venus could be prohibiting the aspect? I didn't run the chart forward but it seems to intervene. Note that Venus rules house 7 here, your competitor. You guys already noticed Mercury receives Venus by house.

Aquarius is in the fall of Sun, so I think the sun/moon sextile holds some promise but I'd hesitate to say it will certainly deliver.
this is no prohibition.It's a tol. Venus is also 6th house ruler for jobs.
Unread 05-06-2020, 09:08 AM

Also, if you use Venus as another competitor, look at the receptions. Mercury wants Mars not Venus.
Unread 05-06-2020, 09:11 AM

Thanks, Kalinka. I personally wouldn't assign house 6 to jobs. But it could perhaps be the referee WJ mentions.

Since I don't think Venus is the job, I won't say this is a case of ToL. I could be wrong, of course.

Amelia
Unread 05-06-2020, 09:12 AM

Mercury rules Venus. Perhaps you think that means Venus likes Mercury? I can understand; it's John Frawley's way. I personally would say it means Mercury likes Venus, receiving Venus into its territory and offers its protection.

Edit to add: I didn't mean Venus doesn't like Mercury. I think I will stick to Lilly's rule that the swifter planet being the more keen one. Reception determines how easy the aspect will perfect (or even whether it will, in some cases) but I find it limiting in determining motivation / feelings between the parties. Deb Houlding says aspects show motivation and incentive to come into contact, not reception.

Last edited by ameliaastrology; 05-06-2020 at 09:24 AM.
Unread 05-06-2020, 09:19 AM

In vedic astrology 10th and 6th are the houses for jobs. I think modern western astrologers established it. I know that traditional astrologers(like Frawley) won't use the 6th for jobs but in my experience it has always proven itself.
Unread 05-06-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Mercury rules Venus. Perhaps you think that means Venus likes Mercury? I can understand; it's John Frawley's way. I personally would say it means Mercury likes Venus.
Then it's Lilly's way when u think Mercury is receiving Venus but after all these years of horary researching I can say that Lilly's reception theory makes no sense.
Unread 05-06-2020, 09:25 AM

Thanks for sharing. I do hope it all works out for WJ.
WisdomJoy (05-06-2020)
Unread 05-06-2020, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Mercury rules Venus. Perhaps you think that means Venus likes Mercury? I can understand; it's John Frawley's way. I personally would say it means Mercury likes Venus, receiving Venus into its territory and offers its protection.

Edit to add: I didn't mean Venus doesn't like Mercury. I think I will stick to Lilly's rule that the swifter planet being the more keen one. Reception determines how easy the aspect will perfect (or even whether it will, in some cases) but I find it limiting in determining motivation / feelings between the parties. Deb Houlding says aspects show motivation and incentive to come into contact, not reception.
It's not only Houlding, also Frawley pursued a whole chapter for receptions. And he explained it very well. Receptions show intentions to act, aspects show chances to act.
Unread 05-06-2020, 10:08 AM

Yea I'm familiar with Frawley's theory and his books are the first horary books that I read. In the now-defunct Apprentice, he even said that reception sometimes is enough to perfect things without an aspect. (He quoted a chart of a woman asking if she'd sleep with a taken guy.)

Just saying I am aware of the theory. It doesn't sit right with me because neither Bonatti nor Lilly intended reception to solely reflect motivations and intentions. Their reception always operated within an aspect. Having said this, I'm quite sure you're much more experienced than I am. It's lovely to learn your views.
kalinka (05-06-2020)

Tags
company, popular, referral, tech