Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.

Unread 06-14-2008, 10:14 PM

Need some to interpret aspects (pretty please)

Im not sure what this means...I didn't ever learn about aspects. Im especially interested in what the sun aspects mean for my physical traits...btw im an Aries Ascendant
Attached Images
File Type: png 1.png (12.1 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by AquaScorpio; 06-14-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Unread 06-15-2008, 12:35 AM

Re: Need some to interpret aspects (pretty please)

Tim Wilson, a moderator on this discussion board, has a really great website on the elements of basic astrology. There are other primers on the Bob Marks website and on astrodienst.com.

But aspects are crucial for understanding astrology. Briefly, once you understand the core meanings of individual planets or angles (like your ascendant) in signs and houses, the aspects tell you how planetary pairs (or sometimes larger clusters) function. Thus they say a lot about key issues in your life.

trines (about 120 degrees) and sextiles (about 60 degrees between 2 planets) are harmonious These energies generally flow smoothly

squares (90 degrees) and oppositions (180) are challenging and can be experienced as difficult or stressful. For example, with your sun square moon, your sense of ego (sun) and emotional needs (moon) are probably at odds with one another.

conjunctions (close to the same placement in your chart) says that these energies are "joined at the hip" and are blended together. With your sun conjunct mercury, you probably identify (sun) with your intelligence (mercury)

quincunx (150) mildly stressful, require some adjustment

quintile (72, 144) show some kind of talent or creativity, often one that you will work very hard to manifest.
Unread 06-15-2008, 12:56 AM

Ahh, well I appreciate you shedding some light on this. For the most part I agree with all of those...especially my Sun square Moon since Aquarius and Scorpio are very different. I usually find it hard to choose between using my heart/emotions or my head/intellect when dealing with almost anything of importance. And its always a struggle. Example, if there's a relationship in which I know will be hard or even not worth pursuing, I'll be torn between letting it go for the greater good or following my heart and passion. Not fun lemme tell ya haha. But I will check that site out, thanks again
Unread 06-15-2008, 03:29 AM

I think that having a stellium of mercury sun and venus all together is interesting. There is a fusing of the types of energies that the planets embody. Some times playing with key words of the planets in peotry forms like haiku can bring some deeper understanding of how things are brought together in your particular circumstance. When you start to understand how the stellium is working for you, then look to expand your understanding in a few months to the square to Moon conj Pluto. Then you may get an idea of how some very different parts of yourself work with or against eachother.

Start small and work out to some of the wider implications in your chart. It is a process that easily takes a life time as you relate to the minutae and overall themes of your life.

Love Light Flea

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...m/322chart.gif
Unread 06-15-2008, 04:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to smilingsteph

I know you are inquiring about looks, but I notice you have sun square moon, as do I.
Tough aspect, as it is hard to know who you are as a person, maybe you might define yourself through the way others see you or how you look externally. Parents may not have been there for you, or maybe they did not accept your accomplishments, leaving you feeling like you could not gain their attention. Parental arguements and issues of that sorts maybe?
So you have this square between what you want, and then what you emotionally need, moon.
Sorry I just wanted to comment on that...
Unread 06-15-2008, 05:02 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

do it yourself aspects, to Aqua

Aqua,

If you want to "do it yourself" and learn the aspects, take a look through the six-step method in the website listed beneath this post. If you just need a written out list, take a look at the one at Astrology Weekly:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrological-aspects/

Linking,

Tim
Unread 06-17-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingsteph
I know you are inquiring about looks, but I notice you have sun square moon, as do I.
Tough aspect, as it is hard to know who you are as a person, maybe you might define yourself through the way others see you or how you look externally. Parents may not have been there for you, or maybe they did not accept your accomplishments, leaving you feeling like you could not gain their attention. Parental arguements and issues of that sorts maybe?
So you have this square between what you want, and then what you emotionally need, moon.
Sorry I just wanted to comment on that...
I didn't have any parental problems, aside from the fact my parents were divorced when I was like 2. But they really gave me all the praise I needed, seeing as I was an excellent student and artist in my young years. So in that sense, I got everything and more than I needed. However, due to the fact I was very shy, not talkative and somewhat secretive, emotions weren't ever really involved. All that's changed tho in my later years, almost becoming complete opposite

Tags
aspects, interpret, pretty