"Should I...?" horary questions

iwonder

If someone asks whether they should do something, what are we looking for in a horary?

My thought would be to look at the querent and the ruler of the question. If querent is in strong position and in good aspect/reception with the question ruler, then they should do what they are asking about.

If querent's ruler and/or ruler of the matter are weak, afflicted, in the 8th house, or in opposition to each other - then no, querent should not proceed.

Am I correct?

Anachiel

If querent's ruler and/or ruler of the matter are weak, afflicted, in the 8th house, or in opposition to each other - then no, querent should not proceed.

Am I correct?

From what you describe above, this might describe their situation in the present. The horary should describe the situation in order to be valid.

For "shoulds", you may want to look to future aspects, where are they going if they proceed in the matter.

iwonder

From what you describe above, this might describe their situation in the present. The horary should describe the situation in order to be valid.

For "shoulds", you may want to look to future aspects, where are they going if they proceed in the matter.

Sure, the developing aspects, I didn't make myself clear. But is my way of thinking correct: strong querent, positive connections with question ruler means yes, weak/afflicted rulers, no connection or opposition is no?

Anachiel

Sure, the developing aspects, I didn't make myself clear. But is my way of thinking correct: strong querent, positive connections with question ruler means yes, weak/afflicted rulers, no connection or opposition is no?

Eh, without seeing the chart, I would say a positive connection between the querent and quesited would indicate a good potential direction. The strength/dignity of the planets involved may just describe the actual state of being of the querent/quesited at this time.

The Moon would also have to be considered as well.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Typically in "should I" questions, I look at it from the angle that the qurent will do it. If the chart looks like it could be promising, then yes, I would encourage them to do whatever it is they're planning.