Hermetic Elemental Change and Astrology

HoldOrFold

Hello!

This is a question regarding the potential for change within astrology in terms of using hermetic meditation to develop elemental qualities within one's astral body, and the implications this has on astrology. I have a fair amount of experience with hermeticism from practicing Franz Bardon's 'Initiation into Hermetics'. If you are not familiar with it, just be aware that you can change your personality by meditating on absorbing qualities of the elements. Knowing that is mainly the requisite to understanding this question.

When you introduce an element into your astral body, your personality changes as a result. For instance, by introducing the sense of gravity and density into my astral body, I feel more grounded. My perceptions change as a result and my personality becomes more practical and organized and 'down to earth'. The more I introduce these qualities of the earth element into my astral body over time, the more my instinctual emotional reactions to my environment become what would be associated with those born under the earth signs of Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn. The Moon rules the astral body, and someone born with their Moon in Taurus, for instance, will naturally have these earthy perceptions and behaviors. The astral body is associated with the Moon sign, and is fluid and changeable. So I assume that if you can change anything it would be the moon sign.

I was born with my moon in Pisces, and I have regularly introduced a explosive fiery element into my astral body and over time I have automatically begun acting as an Aries moon would. The more I practice said meditations the more permanent the effect feels.

Now my question is the following: So what would it mean when a planet transits my natal Pisces Moon? If my astral body is no longer resonating with Pisces type energy then will contacts to Pisces even have an effect on me?

Also, since my astral body and emotions are now Aries like, will planetary transits to Aries influence my astral body more than those to Pisces? In my mind, they should do! Because for instance, given a certain cultural astrological climate, society might readily welcome moon in Aries energy and at other times reject it. So if you are expressing this energy then that means that you are indeed affected by the astrological climate involving Aries.

Not to mention relationship astrology. If you feel like an Aries moon, then you should be forming trines with Leos and Sags regardless of your natal moon position. I can testify that relationships with Leos and Sags while animating fire energy creates a relationship dynamic that was not there beforehand.

So if it's possible to effectively change your Moon sign by hermetically introducing elements into your astral body, then what implications does that have for the rest of astrology? If you have Aries on the 10th house but no planets in that house, then will introducing explosive fiery pressure into your astral body eventually give you a Moon in the 10th house and therefore the career and fame benefits associated with such a placement?

By the way, I use the Moon as an example due to the fluid and changeable nature and it's association with the astral body.

Thanks in advance for your replies!
Jajon

Last edited:

dr. farr

From my esoteric understanding, your sidereal ("astral") body natal astro-imprints can be changed by certain techniques under Will. The new status will then be operative (regarding transits, progressions, profections, solar returns) and the natal ones (which have been altered) will no longer be activated, at least not to any significant influential extent.

The energy field is not locked in forever by the natal astro-impressions upon it-it can be changed (but that "ain't easy"!)

HoldOrFold

That sounds like an enormous undertaking!

Personally, I've experiemented with intense meditation on the elements and can reproduce feelings which esoterically means I am absorbing the elemental quality in my astral body.

When I focus on the sensations of intense heat and convert that into a feeling my personality becomes much more dominant and dynamic for a couple of days. If I do the meditation too much I actually end up with heat rashes on my physical body.

This stuff is very real and very powerful. But God only knows how you would convert an elemental feeling into a degree of a sign. You would have to know how each degree of a sign is expressed in terms of a particular elemental feeling.

Fascinating though, perhaps this stuff will be known a couple of hundred years from now. A practice like this this seems a little too ahead of its time!

Last edited:

dr. farr

But God only knows how you would convert an elemental feeling into a degree of a sign. You would have to know how each degree of a sign is expressed in terms of a particular elemental feeling.

Actually the ancients (prior to about 600 AD) have provided us with exactly these possible indications for each degree of the zodiac...

Every single degree of the zodiacal circle had a planet (which = both a type of feeling and certainly an element) attributed to it; these were called "monomoiria", and a complete list of these can be found in the book, "Late Classical Astrology" (astro-america.com) by Paulus Alexandrianus (358 AD)

HoldOrFold

Every single degree of the zodiacal circle had a planet (which = both a type of feeling and certainly an element) attributed to it; these were called "monomoiria", and a complete list of these can be found in the book, "Late Classical Astrology" (astro-america.com) by Paulus Alexandrianus (358 AD)

Fantastic, I've never seen that before.

I found the following table of monomoiria online:
http://www.projecthindsight.com/images/TablesPDFs/Tb2-Monomoria.pdf

A planet will rule 4-5 different degrees per sign since it doesn't allow for two planets to rule the same degree.

Another way to find the feeling for a degree might be to look at Franz Bardon's book the "Practice of Magical Evocation". He attributes each degree of the Zodiac to a certain beings who govern various affairs of the world.

I have briefly looked into how this relates to people born under particular degrees. Set to be billionaire media mogul Simon Cowell's Libra Sun is at the degree of the only being in the Zodiac who is "the guardian of all singers of the world". And that's just what Simon Cowell is. I've seen plenty of patterns with this.

Last edited:

dr. farr

Bardon has a lot to say (for those of us with hermetic interests) I made an early study of Bardon when his writings were first translated into English (back in the late 1960's early 1970's as I remember) Practical esoteric connections involving the zodiac is an intriguing field of study and operations, for those with a sound grasp of hermetic and astrosophic principles.