Career question (Neptune and Uranus in 10th)

Nikola

Hello everyone,

I have recently taken interest for my future career, and would like to hear what it could look like from an astrological perspective. I have Neptune conjunct my MC in 10th, also Uranus in 10th, with Sun and Mars trine both the MC and Neptune. How could that play out? Any answers will be highly appreciated.

Thank you all very much in advance :D

My chart below

Last edited:
Are you only interested in the interpretation of your Uranus and Neptune in the 10th house?

Generally I wouldn’t call you a career person, sorry... From my (traditional) perspective, your 10th house is empty, but your 10th house is ruled by Saturn, which should be examined. Your Saturn, being an out-of-sect malefic, is naturally problematic, but the situation is made even more problematic because of your Saturn being in fall and in the 12th house. Generally that’s not a fortunate configuration but the fact that your Saturn has some dignity by being in its own terms and also rejoices in the 12th house makes the situation more mixed and not definitively bad. But still, I wouldn’t expect a smooth career path and luck in this area of your life... Venus is conjunct your Saturn which in theory should help, especially since it’s your in-sect benefic, but the fact that it’s cadent and in a malefic place significantly weakens it, so it’s very short of resources and can’t provide much help to the situation.

On a brighter note, Jupiter is quite strong in your case, being in its own sign and in the 11th house, one of the best houses of the zodiac (moreover, Jupiter rejoices here). It’s also in a tight conjunction to your in-sect luminary, Moon, which is significant. All this may point out to a good level of luck in terms of community work and in terms of finding helpful and loyal friends. It seems like you’ll always find help no matter how difficult life gets for you.

D-Rok

On a brighter note, Jupiter is quite strong in your case, being in its own sign and in the 11th house, one of the best houses of the zodiac (moreover, Jupiter rejoices here). It’s also in a tight conjunction to your in-sect luminary, Moon, which is significant./QUOTE]

This, OP.

In fact, I would argue that the 11th house is the best place for any planet to be -- even more so than the 10th (but I'm not sure anything beats the 1st). As one of the ancients says (I believe it is Morinus, though I might be mistaken) the 11th house is optimistic and has greatness to aspire to -- that is, the 10th -- whereas the 10th is at the zenith and has nothing else more to aspire to. Paraphrasing of course.

USE THAT JUPITER!!! Seriously. Get a talisman or something!!! Jupiter in Pisces in the 11th house -- seriously. That's Jupiter in his feminine domicile in his planetary house of joy ABOVE THE HORIZON. (Planets below the horizon aren't able to use their energy as effectively as those above -- or so I'm told).

Get a TALISMAN for Jupes. I'm not kidding. As far as I'm seeing it you'd be loved by him. Trust your friends. At this point you probably don't need a stupid job like the rest of us with that placement.

EDIT: bit more info -- while your south node is in the 11th (which corrupts and taints, ugh) it isn't conjunct Jupes, nor the Moon. Which is good. In addition, Jupiter rules the 8th. While normally I would say that might not be good -- ruling the house of death and other people's money -- it is ruled by the greater benefic. Which, obviously, may work out in your favor.

Just something to consider.

Last edited:

Nikola

Thank you very much for in-depth responses!

I am aware that I have a very strong Jupiter, it seems that I have relied on it a number of times, both consciously and unconsciously, surely a great placement. Now, I get that my regular career path won't be so bright, but that should only apply to conventional career paths and jobs, should it not? What I mean to say is, would it hinder any attempts of mine to establish myself in the world? Also, what would you say about my Sun-Mars conjunction in the 1st?
Sorry for being such a drag, but I just enjoy reading responses from people who actually know so much.

Sincere thanks again.

Nikola

On a brighter note, Jupiter is quite strong in your case, being in its own sign and in the 11th house, one of the best houses of the zodiac (moreover, Jupiter rejoices here). It’s also in a tight conjunction to your in-sect luminary, Moon, which is significant./QUOTE]

This, OP.

In fact, I would argue that the 11th house is the best place for any planet to be -- even more so than the 10th (but I'm not sure anything beats the 1st). As one of the ancients says (I believe it is Morinus, though I might be mistaken) the 11th house is optimistic and has greatness to aspire to -- that is, the 10th -- whereas the 10th is at the zenith and has nothing else more to aspire to. Paraphrasing of course.

USE THAT JUPITER!!! Seriously. Get a talisman or something!!! Jupiter in Pisces in the 11th house -- seriously. That's Jupiter in his feminine domicile in his planetary house of joy ABOVE THE HORIZON. (Planets below the horizon aren't able to use their energy as effectively as those above -- or so I'm told).

Get a TALISMAN for Jupes. I'm not kidding. As far as I'm seeing it you'd be loved by him. Trust your friends. At this point you probably don't need a stupid job like the rest of us with that placement.

EDIT: bit more info -- while your south node is in the 11th (which corrupts and taints, ugh) it isn't conjunct Jupes, nor the Moon. Which is good. In addition, Jupiter rules the 8th. While normally I would say that might not be good -- ruling the house of death and other people's money -- it is ruled by the greater benefic. Which, obviously, may work out in your favor.

Just something to consider.

Oh, and would you know where I could get such a talisman?

D-Rok

Get a job or at least try. But don't ever forget that they might end up causing trouble -- Saturn will see to that. Therefore, focus on Jupiter and what he can do for you (good friends, potentially gains from inheritances).

Your Sun is peregrine and super accidentally dignified in the first. Might cause trouble as your first house ruler is in 12 -- careful of secret women against you. It doesn't help that Mars is in detriment, combust from the Sun, and he is awfully close to Algol -- a pretty nasty fixed star.

Keep your head, especially around women.

Check out renaissance astrology for potential talismans.

Nikola

So, nothing good from that powerful conjunction in the 1st? Honestly thought it was one of my best placements alongside Jupiter-Moon conjunction in 11th. Thought I might use it to my advantage. Anyway, thank you a ton for your response. :D

D-Rok

So, nothing good from that powerful conjunction in the 1st? Honestly thought it was one of my best placements alongside Jupiter-Moon conjunction in 11th. Thought I might use it to my advantage. Anyway, thank you a ton for your response. :D

I wouldn't say it isn't powerful but nothing good will come of an angular detrimented combust Mars conjoined to a peregrine Sun.

If however they were conjoined in Aries in first and unafflicted, that would be a different story.

Thank you very much for in-depth responses!

I am aware that I have a very strong Jupiter, it seems that I have relied on it a number of times, both consciously and unconsciously, surely a great placement. Now, I get that my regular career path won't be so bright, but that should only apply to conventional career paths and jobs, should it not? What I mean to say is, would it hinder any attempts of mine to establish myself in the world? Also, what would you say about my Sun-Mars conjunction in the 1st?
Sorry for being such a drag, but I just enjoy reading responses from people who actually know so much.

Sincere thanks again.

Thanks for responding! It's always nice to see some reaction from the OP, because a lot of times people start a thread and immediately forget about it.

Well, actually your 1st house stellium (Sun, Mercury, Mars) is extremely beneficial and is a huge help. Your Sun is approaching your ascendant and is in the 1st house which should make the Sun and its themes very prominent in your life. The Sun is a planet of leaders, kings, rulers and overall prominent and famous people. However, since your chart is considered nocturnal (because the Sun is below the horizon) and your Sun is in a feminine sign (Taurus), you may not feel yourself very comfortable being assertive and ambitious all the time, preferring to be more introspective. So overall you can manage to get to a quite prominent position but not feel like it suits you well and prefer a more modest life.

Your Sun-Mars conjunction in itself isn't very nice because it means that your Mars is combust i.e. hidden by the Sun's light. This could often indicate troubles with the part of your nature that is aggressive and competitive so you can seem like a lovely amicable type of guy who wouldn't hurt a fly but who can sometimes have very extreme and destructive tantrums. So to put it differently, the effect of Mars isn't very noticeable in your life but can sometimes manifest in very extreme and sudden, yet hardly controllable, ways. However, your Mars is quite dignified by being in its own terms so it's pretty effective, despite being blocked by the Sun, but still its expression isn't pronounced and somewhat "hidden". What's more is that your Mars is in sect and in a feminine sign so generally the negative effects of your Mars are pretty tame and not detrimental. Your Mars is also prominent by approaching your ascendant but because of it being combust that's the kind of prominence that is hard to explain very well. So ultimately you can be confronted quite often in life and you can respond with aggression, but this aggression can be sudden and hard to control and you'll most definitely feel bad emotionally afterwards.

Overall seeing your 1st house stellium I'd recommend you to spend a lot of time achieving your own goals and not spend much time trying to please someone else. I can't say for sure that it will offer you a career boost but still you should spend time concentrating on your personality and this way you can achieve quite a lot. Also, as I said before (and as D-Rok confirmed), concentrate on your Moon-Jupiter conjunction in the 11th house. You can find plenty of influential helpful friends if you try and this can ultimately lead to you getting to a very good position. I'm sure that any good deed you do will come back to you in a double size.

fifteen

I think you can have a good career in the health business. Fitness, sports, teaching others. Also doing something creative is very good. Neptune in the 10th trining your Sun and Mars. That's excellent.

Saturn will demand that you work hard for it. Especially in Aries.

I would say, you would shine as a sports coach. Or manager at fitness center, or helping out others in sport. Chiropractor, physiologist, even becoming a trainer. Somehow personal instructor resonates with me. Personal health instructor. Does that ring a bell? maybe it resonates with you.

So that's my take on it. Good luck!

Nikola

Thanks for responding! It's always nice to see some reaction from the OP, because a lot of times people start a thread and immediately forget about it.

Well, actually your 1st house stellium (Sun, Mercury, Mars) is extremely beneficial and is a huge help. Your Sun is approaching your ascendant and is in the 1st house which should make the Sun and its themes very prominent in your life. The Sun is a planet of leaders, kings, rulers and overall prominent and famous people. However, since your chart is considered nocturnal (because the Sun is below the horizon) and your Sun is in a feminine sign (Taurus), you may not feel yourself very comfortable being assertive and ambitious all the time, preferring to be more introspective. So overall you can manage to get to a quite prominent position but not feel like it suits you well and prefer a more modest life.

Your Sun-Mars conjunction in itself isn't very nice because it means that your Mars is combust i.e. hidden by the Sun's light. This could often indicate troubles with the part of your nature that is aggressive and competitive so you can seem like a lovely amicable type of guy who wouldn't hurt a fly but who can sometimes have very extreme and destructive tantrums. So to put it differently, the effect of Mars isn't very noticeable in your life but can sometimes manifest in very extreme and sudden, yet hardly controllable, ways. However, your Mars is quite dignified by being in its own terms so it's pretty effective, despite being blocked by the Sun, but still its expression isn't pronounced and somewhat "hidden". What's more is that your Mars is in sect and in a feminine sign so generally the negative effects of your Mars are pretty tame and not detrimental. Your Mars is also prominent by approaching your ascendant but because of it being combust that's the kind of prominence that is hard to explain very well. So ultimately you can be confronted quite often in life and you can respond with aggression, but this aggression can be sudden and hard to control and you'll most definitely feel bad emotionally afterwards.

Overall seeing your 1st house stellium I'd recommend you to spend a lot of time achieving your own goals and not spend much time trying to please someone else. I can't say for sure that it will offer you a career boost but still you should spend time concentrating on your personality and this way you can achieve quite a lot. Also, as I said before (and as D-Rok confirmed), concentrate on your Moon-Jupiter conjunction in the 11th house. You can find plenty of influential helpful friends if you try and this can ultimately lead to you getting to a very good position. I'm sure that any good deed you do will come back to you in a double size.

Sir, I sincerely thank you for this response. I am glad I find people who are willing to explain things to me, makes everything much easier! And definitely, everything you said is correct. Although, because of the 1st house Sun-Mars conjunction, I am very prideful and egotistic, and I do not think of it being that bad. But yes, it has brought me a lot of trouble in regards to relationships. As you said, I am naturally very calm and harmonious, but when I burst, I get pretty violent and aggressive. Had people look at me with disbelief, since I get back to my laid-back attitude in matter of 2 minutes after the tantrum.

The primary reason I asked about my career is because I feel that no conventional career would suit me. What I would want the most is to establish my own company one day, will have a lot of things to fit into, but I believe it will fulfill the needs of many of aspects of mine. That's why I am trying to see what would be of help in regards to that. Surely will focus on Jupiter and Moon more.

Again, can't thank you both enough.

D-Rok

Sir, I sincerely thank you for this response. I am glad I find people who are willing to explain things to me, makes everything much easier! And definitely, everything you said is correct. Although, because of the 1st house Sun-Mars conjunction, I am very prideful and egotistic, and I do not think of it being that bad. But yes, it has brought me a lot of trouble in regards to relationships. As you said, I am naturally very calm and harmonious, but when I burst, I get pretty violent and aggressive. Had people look at me with disbelief, since I get back to my laid-back attitude in matter of 2 minutes after the tantrum.

The primary reason I asked about my career is because I feel that no conventional career would suit me. What I would want the most is to establish my own company one day, will have a lot of things to fit into, but I believe it will fulfill the needs of many of aspects of mine. That's why I am trying to see what would be of help in regards to that. Surely will focus on Jupiter and Moon more.

Again, can't thank you both enough.

If you're going to start a business, please be aware of the possible repercussions of secret enemies (looks like impulsive women as seen by Venus in Aries in 12, conjoined to your 10th house lord). I'm not sure if that would be your obstacle but it really seems like I would advise against entrepreneurial activity seeing as you have a benefic in the 12th and the greater benefic ruling the 12th.

Actually...

Jupiter rules 12th house stuff and Saturn rules career AND friends (but Jupiter is in the 11th house).

Maybe try making friends with older people. They might be in retirement homes or hospice or something (12th house stuff) seeing as Jupiter rules your hidden stuff (12) and Saturn is lord over your 10th and 11th house stuff (and 9th now that I'm looking at it again).

As a disclaimer I am not an expert but again this is just stuff I see. Jupiter still seems really good for you. Also look into 3rd and 4th house stuff (ruled by your moon) which may include family/hidden stuff and also writing or communicating. Uh...not really helpful probably but your moon is with Jupiter so maybe those are other outs.

D-Rok, the situation looks less scary if you use the whole signs cusps. :) From my perspective, Jupiter is ruled by the 11th house (the house of friends), but not 12th so I don't see Jupiter as something suspicious. Venus and Saturn (ruler of 10th) are in the 12th house in both perspectives which isn't nice but that's not the end of the world either.

Nikola, your 1st house planets (Mercury, Sun, Mars) are overcome by the Moon and Jupiter in the 11th house by sextiles. It means that the 11th house planets send a "message" to your 1st house planets (not the other way round) which is either helpful or unhelpful, depending upon which planets overcome. Jupiter is a benefic planet which spreads luck, happiness and generosity and moreover very strong in your case. The Moon is naturally rather neutral, but made benefic for you as well being in sect and in a good house. All this points out that the Moon and Jupiter will both be of huge help regarding the issues surrounding the 1st house matters, which is the house of self. Sextile is not as strong as trine though so don't always rely on your Moon and Jupiter for help but it will surely be present throughout your life. I view all this as a very good omen in terms of any entrepreneural activities so good luck in whatever you decide to do. However, be cautious about your Venus and Saturn in the house of secret enemies. Try not to cross dangerous people's roads or the final result can be unfortunate.

P.S. I forgot to mention your Mars being conjunct Algol. I'm not sure if I'm the right person to tell you what it means but I recommend you to look up some information about it. Generally that's an extremely dangerous star but who knows, maybe it's not that bad in your case. ;)

D-Rok

D-Rok, the situation looks less scary if you use the whole signs cusps. :) From my perspective, Jupiter is ruled by the 11th house (the house of friends), but not 12th so I don't see Jupiter as something suspicious. Venus and Saturn (ruler of 10th) are in the 12th house in both perspectives which isn't nice but that's not the end of the world either.

Nikola, your 1st house planets (Mercury, Sun, Mars) are overcome by the Moon and Jupiter in the 11th house by sextiles. It means that the 11th house planets send a "message" to your 1st house planets (not the other way round) which is either helpful or unhelpful, depending upon which planets overcome. Jupiter is a benefic planet which spreads luck, happiness and generosity and moreover very strong in your case. The Moon is naturally rather neutral, but made benefic for you as well being in sect and in a good house. All this points out that the Moon and Jupiter will both be of huge help regarding the issues surrounding the 1st house matters, which is the house of self. Sextile is not as strong as trine though so don't always rely on your Moon and Jupiter for help but it will surely be present throughout your life. I view all this as a very good omen in terms of any entrepreneural activities so good luck in whatever you decide to do. However, be cautious about your Venus and Saturn in the house of secret enemies. Try not to cross dangerous people's roads or the final result can be unfortunate.

P.S. I forgot to mention your Mars being conjunct Algol. I'm not sure if I'm the right person to tell you what it means but I recommend you to look up some information about it. Generally that's an extremely dangerous star but who knows, maybe it's not that bad in your case. ;)

True but, if you're going to do Natal delineations its best to do Placidus or Regio or Alcabitius. Whole signs have their place but not for natal. I use whole signs almost exclusively for lunar returns and some other stuff. In addition, whole signs doesn't make a lick of sense for my life so I don't use it. Even further so, my teacher's life doesn't make sense with whole signs and through that evidence I do not utilize whole signs.

"Every so often we get astrological fads. Retrograde Mercury,
void of course Moon, 13th sign and whole sign houses, all have had or
are having their 15 minutes of fame."

So...my point is...white WSH may be used for some things, natally they probably shouldn't be used.

Algol -- Al Ghoul, or "the head of medusa" -- I think is actually directly translated to be "the demon" -- is extremely notorious for being a bad fixed star. Conjunct detrimented and combust ANGULAR mars -- literally, watch your head. I wasn't kidding. It does not bode for good things. Sorry to be a miserable sounding person -- being prepared is better than kidding yourself. :(

Nikola

True but, if you're going to do Natal delineations its best to do Placidus or Regio or Alcabitius. Whole signs have their place but not for natal. I use whole signs almost exclusively for lunar returns and some other stuff. In addition, whole signs doesn't make a lick of sense for my life so I don't use it. Even further so, my teacher's life doesn't make sense with whole signs and through that evidence I do not utilize whole signs.

"Every so often we get astrological fads. Retrograde Mercury,
void of course Moon, 13th sign and whole sign houses, all have had or
are having their 15 minutes of fame."

So...my point is...white WSH may be used for some things, natally they probably shouldn't be used.

Algol -- Al Ghoul, or "the head of medusa" -- I think is actually directly translated to be "the demon" -- is extremely notorious for being a bad fixed star. Conjunct detrimented and combust ANGULAR mars -- literally, watch your head. I wasn't kidding. It does not bode for good things. Sorry to be a miserable sounding person -- being prepared is better than kidding yourself. :(

Wow, did not think this would turn out to be such a great discussion! I am truly glad it did though. As far as my understanding of Saturn goes, it sets our limitations, but only until we learn his lessons, since he is the Great Teacher. I personally do not believe it is something bad at all, we grow most exactly out of our comfort zones and out of our darkest places. Sure, I might switch gears and want to do or become something else, you never know what life brings your way, I am completely open to that. My motto is: see the future, but live for the moment. As to have plans, but live now and know that it might not turn out the way you wanted it. I believe in cosmic harmony and organization, everything is the way it should be after all. I never expected anything to be easy and effortless, especially a thing such as starting a business. I just think that it would suit my need to be my own boss, to be organized and efficient, while being creative and expressing myself, and making riches (Taurean thing, don't mind me). I truly love astrology, but also do not believe it is all set in stone and that we do not have free will, that is completely extremist if you ask me. As for the Algol, first time hearing it, gotta check it out, but what can be worse than potential depression? (12th house Saturn...)
Feel free to post any further insight please, I am truly enjoying myself.
And I have to say once again how grateful I am for your responses. :D

D-Rok

You get a small amount of free will here and there. Use astrology to steer into the good and avoid the bad.

Worse than depression? Getting your head cut off.

I know it sounds extreme, but really I'm trying to help. Saturn is only "The Great Teacher™" due to governance over discipline and patient drudgery in work, ad nauseum. Do not mess with him if you can help it. Even if you learn his "lessons", he will still cause trouble. A planet that governs excessive temperament that is not conducive to promoting life will not make things easy.

Please trust me on this.

Nikola

Regarding the Algol, is it only conjunct Mars or is Sun also affected? I couldn't find orbs for fixed star conjunctions. Since, by these descriptions, I should be a murderer who will die a violent death :'D

D-Rok

It LOOKS to be only Mars. Usually 1-2 degrees is fair for fixed bodies.

I would just recommend watching out for people that are represented by planets in your 12th. Don't kill anyone please.

Nikola

It LOOKS to be only Mars. Usually 1-2 degrees is fair for fixed bodies.

I would just recommend watching out for people that are represented by planets in your 12th. Don't kill anyone please.

I will do my best not to kill anyone :lol: Jk, these descriptions are way too fatalistic for my taste anyway. Thank you for your warnings, I do believe we should be prepared for anything. But I still keep my optimism and believe things not to be so black and white. We seem to disagree on the concept of free will though, while I believe that there are higher forces than ourselves governing our lives, I also believe that we chose each life of ours, that natal chart is a plan, which we do not necessarily have to follow. In the end, we never know if we are right or wrong, perhaps that does not even exist.

Nikola

I think you can have a good career in the health business. Fitness, sports, teaching others. Also doing something creative is very good. Neptune in the 10th trining your Sun and Mars. That's excellent.

Saturn will demand that you work hard for it. Especially in Aries.

I would say, you would shine as a sports coach. Or manager at fitness center, or helping out others in sport. Chiropractor, physiologist, even becoming a trainer. Somehow personal instructor resonates with me. Personal health instructor. Does that ring a bell? maybe it resonates with you.

So that's my take on it. Good luck!

I just saw your reply, I must have missed it somehow. Sorry for such a late response. I did actually think of training people in the gym as a hobby. Personal instructor you say, what about life coaching? Would that fit the description? Thank you for your response!