Mars in Leo in 12th house, RETROGRADE!! ..... Greaaaat...

Hello, I'm often concerned about my will, self-respect and assertiveness, like on a daily basis. This has been before I even got into Astrology. It takes a HELL of a lot to get me to actually stand up for myself, I metaphorically curl into fetal in a corner, rather than stand my ground smh. When I read this in my chart, it all made sense. However, would anybody be able to help me any further with this and how I can change it or challenge?
Here's my chart.

Attachments

• birth chart.jpg
    birth chart.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

blackbery

Hi there, chart is hard to read, can you go to astrodienst and post the chart from there with the aspects grid showing. thanks.

JUPITERASC

Hello, I'm often concerned about my will, self-respect and assertiveness, like on a daily basis.
This has been before I even got into Astrology.
It takes a HELL of a lot to get me to actually stand up for myself,
I metaphorically curl into fetal in a corner, rather than stand my ground smh.
When I read this in my chart, it all made sense.
However, would anybody be able to help me any further with this
and how I can change it or challenge?
Here's my chart.

The chart you posted is easy to read
you have a LEO ascendant and a natal LEO Mars
so
WHOLE SIGN HOUSES places your natal Mars in First House

i.e.
House location of a natal planet can change
dependent on the house system chosen :smile:

Most use Placidus because it is simply the default
easily verify that fact at astro.com's Extended Chart Selection Page
there, fourteen of the more popular house systems currently in use are available options
to view how that works in practice
compare your natal chart created using Whole Sign Houses option
with the same natal chart using the default Placidus option
notice that with WHOLE SIGN HOUSES
The ascendant sign becomes the whole first house
and the other houses follow.
The ASCENDANT POINT ITSELF can then fall anywhere in the first house
and
MIDHEAVEN POINT anywhere in the upper half of the chart

'...There are at least twenty or thirty different house systems
or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart" into twelve segments of life activity.
In astrology, houses, mansions, or domains
represent general areas of life activity
and are the grounding areas or arenas of expression for planets.
Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable.
A planet in the SIGN of Aries
was also a planet in the HOUSE of Aries
so that in effect houses as we know them today did not exist....'

'….Artificial divisions now known as houses
were attempts by early Greeks and Hindus to measure strength "points" in the horoscope
which during 7th and 8th centuries AD were construed
or confused
as means of dividing the birth chart.
The ascendant and midheaven degrees and their opposites were definite power points
or areas of intense focus
but not necessarily the beginnings of a house or quadrant.....'

'...The Whole Sign House system was used by the ancient Greeks and the Hindus (who still use it today).
It is the oldest and simplest house system in existence
and immediately eliminates the awful mess astrologers have made on the issue over the last 1300 years or so....'

house systems is a popular topic of discussion and below are two threads
that you are likely to find useful
WHOLE SIGNS
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42163
WHOLE SIGN OR PLACIDUS http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39669

blackbery

Hi there, thanks for posting chart with grid aspects. So there are three things in your chart that stand out to me. Firstly, the Mars RX h12 as you point out. Which makes an opposite to Mercury. So there is so much that you want to say to defend yourself, your anger is there but it is hidden. You are afraid to express yourself because of this inverted Mars energy so you act passive instead. But where does that anger go? I would suggest a physical exercise such as jogging, fencing, soccer. Because you are so young, it will take time for you to come into your own and have the self-respect and confidence you need. It's there but you are actually afraid to cause a scene and be noticed because of your Sun/Pluto square. With Pluto in your 4th, there was/is lots of family trauma, esp with the males of your family and this has caused you to retreat into yourself. Could be a sibling or father figure.
Sun/Pluto people can be extremely negative and self-destructive. Perhaps you curled into fetal positions when you were young because of the trauma and you are recreating this
same pattern growing up. I am a Sun/Pluto person too and grew up in a toxic house
with a rage-aholic and never knew when the next punch or slap was going to come from.
I taught myself at a very young age to not be noticed, to not be seen or heard as then
I couldn't be the focus of the physical or verbal abuse.I don't know if you were physically abused but you lived in fear and you learned to keep quiet about it.
You could even join a support group of some kind as your inner tension and anxitities
are not going to disappear without doing some inner work. You will recover and heal
but it's a long journey. Your Sun/Saturn aspect makes you reserved and cautious.
You do not trust life or people very easily. But it's a strong aspect in terms of being
able to overcome your difficulties through maturity and hard work. With that stellim
in 6th house, you need to untangle yourself from the family drama to avoid getting
sick. This stellium also brings out the Virgo qualities of being quiet, reserved and
suffering in silence. But it doesn't have to be that way. The rest of your chart does
indicate that you can lead a more balanced life emotionally and be happy with yourself.

All the best and hope this helps. Also, at some point, Mars will turn direct in your progressed chart. So at that point, you will learn to be more assertive and to stand
your ground!

BB

Hi there, thanks for posting chart with grid aspects. So there are three things in your chart that stand out to me. Firstly, the Mars RX h12 as you point out. Which makes an opposite to Mercury. So there is so much that you want to say to defend yourself, your anger is there but it is hidden. You are afraid to express yourself because of this inverted Mars energy so you act passive instead. But where does that anger go? I would suggest a physical exercise such as jogging, fencing, soccer. Because you are so young, it will take time for you to come into your own and have the self-respect and confidence you need. It's there but you are actually afraid to cause a scene and be noticed because of your Sun/Pluto square. With Pluto in your 4th, there was/is lots of family trauma, esp with the males of your family and this has caused you to retreat into yourself. Could be a sibling or father figure.
Sun/Pluto people can be extremely negative and self-destructive. Perhaps you curled into fetal positions when you were young because of the trauma and you are recreating this
same pattern growing up. I am a Sun/Pluto person too and grew up in a toxic house
with a rage-aholic and never knew when the next punch or slap was going to come from.
I taught myself at a very young age to not be noticed, to not be seen or heard as then
I couldn't be the focus of the physical or verbal abuse.I don't know if you were physically abused but you lived in fear and you learned to keep quiet about it.
You could even join a support group of some kind as your inner tension and anxitities
are not going to disappear without doing some inner work. You will recover and heal
but it's a long journey. Your Sun/Saturn aspect makes you reserved and cautious.
You do not trust life or people very easily. But it's a strong aspect in terms of being
able to overcome your difficulties through maturity and hard work. With that stellim
in 6th house, you need to untangle yourself from the family drama to avoid getting
sick. This stellium also brings out the Virgo qualities of being quiet, reserved and
suffering in silence. But it doesn't have to be that way. The rest of your chart does
indicate that you can lead a more balanced life emotionally and be happy with yourself.

All the best and hope this helps. Also, at some point, Mars will turn direct in your progressed chart. So at that point, you will learn to be more assertive and to stand
your ground!

BB

I appreciate your knowledge and input. Thank you for being open enough to relate to me.

fifteen

Are you psychic? medium? I can feel that you are. And a very subtle one I must admit. Even your chart point to it, very watery and in tune. You might want to explore that if you aren't aware of it (yet)

Are you psychic? medium? I can feel that you are. And a very subtle one I must admit. Even your chart point to it, very watery and in tune. You might want to explore that if you aren't aware of it (yet)

I mean, I stopped smoking weed because everytime I did, I would literally (physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally) feel my loved ones pain and i couldn't hold back any tears. I felt deep sadness for any hardship that anybody in my life was enduring. I guess my empathy is a bit on the extreme end. I definitely like to dream of having clearer psychic abilities though. The ease at which I manifest my thoughts (wanted and unwanted) is uncanny. Would you be able to clarify a bit more on why you have these thoughts?