Lesbian aspects

brookeashley

I've heard Uranus aspects have to do with gay sexuality. Maybe to venus and it has to do with house placements. My aunt is gay and what confuses me is she has her North node in the 5th trine Jupiter in 9th. I thought that would be good for kids but she never had any. Her moon is in Pisces in 4th opposite Venus in 10th. Why do you ask about these aspects?

Here is her chart if you want to check out her aspects. I'm still learning.

Attachments

• Kelley.jpg
    Kelley.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 169

DumasEXE

I know this isn't about lesbians but I know one person in my life who is gay. He has Mercury in Libra square Uranus in Capricorn. I've read that having Moon in Libra square Uranus can also mean that but I'm Heterosexual so I guess it doesn't count for me since I have that aspect.

So basically I think it might have something to do with a personal planet (Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars) in Libra square Uranus.

@brookashley

Interesting.. your aunt has Mars (which rules sexuality) square Uranus (the planet that represents anything out of the norm) so I guess it doesn't have to be in Libra. I'm guessing it has to be a personal planet (sign not mattering) square Uranus, whether the person is gay or not depends on how that aspect manifests.

Last edited:

brookeashley

I'm not sure how Mercury could manifest into that. I would see Venus/Uranus/Mars/Sun before Mercury. I haven't looked at the chart much but this post made me think of it. Her mars square Uranus like you pointed out could be it. I'm not sure what else in the chart points to it though. I wonder if her moon opposite her Venus makes her feel unattached to love and relationships. She's only had one serious relationship so she's never been relationship oriented. She actually likes being alone.

Placements that come to mind are an Aquarius 8th, Uranus in the 8th, Maybe mars in the 8th only if it is aspecting Uranus. Or ruler of the 8th being aspected by Uranus. Ellen DeGeneres has Uranus in Leo opposite her Venus and sun in Aquarius. So Uranus opposing its own sign.

Vista

I see Mars in aspect, mostly hard aspect to Ur or Pl in a lot of athletes charts. They can be bad tempered and vindictive too!! Moon in hard aspect to Uranus can make one very irritable and someone who experienced an unpredictable mother.

Your aunt has an unaspected Sun so it's not a surprise she likes to be alone. Unaspected Sun's beat to their own drummer so to speak. No aspects can also point to no marriage and in her case since she is gay, even more likelihood of that happening.

I have Venus(ruling my 7th no less) square Uranus and I am far from Gay. :tongue:

I've heard Uranus aspects have to do with gay sexuality. Maybe to venus and it has to do with house placements. My aunt is gay and what confuses me is she has her North node in the 5th trine Jupiter in 9th. I thought that would be good for kids but she never had any. Her moon is in Pisces in 4th opposite Venus in 10th. Why do you ask about these aspects?

Here is her chart if you want to check out her aspects. I'm still learning.

tianamkd

well here is my natal chart and do you think there is any aspect that can be on a sort of a way connected with my sexuallity? :smile:

Attachments

• astro_2gw_02_t_t.13096.8909.jpg
    astro_2gw_02_t_t.13096.8909.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 121

ashriia

well here is my natal chart and do you think there is any aspect that can be on a sort of a way connected with my sexuallity? :smile:

Hi,

the only pattern if there is one at all is uranus in hard aspect to personal planets or personal planets in mutable signs. but there is no definite conclusion. just the same way a chart can't show race it also doesn't show which gender you are attracted to. and there has been extensive research in this already and still no conclusive indicator.

Zarathu

Account Closed
There has been a great deal of discussion over this for years. I have never seen a definitive way to determine sexual preference in a chart, or even the actual gender. For every circumstance that people think indicates a gay type, we have been able to find numerous examples of someone who has the type and is not gay.

tikana

I would throw everything out and concentrate on aspects involving ASC/Desc

Linsday Lohan's xgf has a twin sister who is straight.

DumasEXE

I'm not sure how Mercury could manifest into that. I would see Venus/Uranus/Mars/Sun before Mercury..

Mercury rules the thought processes, right? Square Uranus (out of the norm) would be thought processes that are out of the norm. Gay people are born gay. There are articles out there that say how a gay person's brain is more like a woman's and a lesbian's is more like a man's so I guess it makes sense.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Sounds like aspects can be found if it's known but can't be determined if unknown.

This is called hindsight. Hindsight always works because you know what to look for. Of course, no one cares what you find in hind sight since everyone already knows---unless hindsight gives you hints for future sight.

It is also possible that with such a high charged subject, people really don't want to know, and other people who do want to know are obscured by the loud vociferous protestations of those who don't want to know.

VIVIAN ROBESON, in a little book published in 1963, entitled Astrology and Human Sex Life talked about identifying homosexuality. She talks about it in Chapter 8, right after Chapter 7 on Human Sexual Abnormalities.

But even here she simply takes some famous homosexuals and looks at their charts and then extrapolates. It might be possible to do this to a very great extent using Astrodynes and Asteroids, but even so, tendency and actuality are two different things. The reason is that human social mores come into play along with human will. If there was no human will, then tendencies would always bloom into actualities. But if people are prevented from doing something do to adverse consequences then they are using their own free will to subvert what might be a biological tendency.

I believe that the issue is just way way too complicated for the simplistic astrology that most people want to experience.

Over many years of study and chart analysis for people, the very vast number of people have a complex issue, and always want a simple answer to it. This is one where a simple answer is simply not possible.

wilsontc

Staff member
Warning

Moderator note: This subject is often the source of controversy and anger in discussions. To help lessen the likelihood of this thread going out of control and forcing strong moderation, please be especially careful to follow the Forum rules for behavior in all postings on this thread:
Your participation on this forum is allowed and welcomed as long as you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, harmful to young people, hateful, racist, deliberately offensive, homophobic, threatening, defamatory, damaging, or otherwise violative of any laws. Respect of other members is expected at all times. No talking down to, being rude, dismissing of people, trying to shut someone down if they don't agree, or passive aggressively drawing people out to respond negatively.

greybeard

Re: Warning

Vivian Robson was a guy.
You know how the English are, naming boys Vivian and Evelyn and stuff.

I will repeat myself until I'm blue in the face.

Everyone's sexual inclinations are shown in their chart.
It's there. And this includes inclinations which are inhibited or repressed; the repression is shown too.
But things are not found by seeing some single "signature" and saying "Aha!"
The sexuality (and whatever else is of interest regarding the native of any chart) is found by close examination of the whole chart.

Suppose a given chart features Aries on the Ascendant.
This person (dependent on the conditioning of Mars, of aspects and whatever else may affect this Ascendant) will in general be adventurous, direct and immediate, pioneering, impetuous, ego-centric and whatever else may be characteristic of Aries.

These qualities will be expressed in every facet of life. This includes sexuality.
The Ascendant supposedly has nothing to do with sexuality, but it does.

What if the Moon is square the Sun? This has nothing to do with sexuality. You will not likely find any reference to the aspect regarding sexuality. But in a man's chart, for example, it suggests difficulty (and possibly consequent aversion to, or disrespect for...) with women, beginning with the mother. Isn't this apt to affect develpment of sexuality?

How about Saturn in the Tenth? Liz Greene flatly says she finds this position correlates with homosexuality more often than would be expected. I agree with her, based on my own experience. (Saturn in the parental axis implies strong inhibition of some sort originating with the parents). Saturn is not a "sexual planet".

None of the above indications have anything to do with sexuality, supposedly. But they do. Our sexuality is far more psychological in nature than physical. And it is an expression of the whole self, and this is why we must examine the whole chart.

What if there are a couple of different indicators in the chart that the person has an urge to stand out by being different, even though the indicators seem to have no connection with sexual expression? My bet is that there will be something "different" in this person's sexuality.

If we wish to develop an effective astrology, it must be based on assessment of the chart as a whole, no matter what it is we wish to understand about a person through his or her chart. The person is a complex whole; it only makes sense that to see the person we must evaluate the complex whole of the chart.

As long as we continue to depend on the presence of some singular flag or signature to "see", our astrology will be crippled, our vision blurred.

Last edited:

kailaniatsea

I've heard Uranus aspects have to do with gay sexuality. Here is her chart if you want to check out her aspects. I'm still learning.

Uranus aspects can indicate alternative sexuality, but that planet in it of itself does not suggest that the person may be that way. One curious detail that I noticed in you aunt's chart is that Ceres is conjunct Uranus and Pluto in Virgo squaring Mars in Sagittarius. Ceres is the nurturing asteroid. Perhaps this may indicate that she does not nurture traditional feminine roles and attitudes (for biological, sociological or personal reasons), and in turn embraces the more masculine (Mars rising in a masculine sign) side to her self-expression. Don't forget that Virgo is a feminine sign and if it is squared, that could the missing piece to the puzzle.

Last edited:

mdinaz

Uranus aspects can indicate alternative sexuality, but that planet in it of itself does not suggest that the person may be that way. One curious detail that I noticed in you aunt's chart is that Ceres is conjunct Uranus and Pluto in Virgo squaring Mars in Sagittarius. Ceres is the nurturing asteroid. Perhaps this may indicate that she does not nurture traditional feminine roles and attitudes (for biological, sociological or personal reasons), and in turn embraces the more masculine (Mars rising in a masculine sign) side to her self-expression. Don't forget that Virgo is a feminine sign and if it is squared, that could the missing piece to the puzzle.

I think the key in the chart is the Saturn in Aries quincunx Venus closely in Virgo. Virgo is considered the "barren" sign and fertility is not well expressed there - and with the quincunx to Saturn in Aries (a poor position for Saturn), and in the 5th house too - the ultimate expression of fertility is suppressed. Her Mars is much stronger and thus she exhibits more of the male energy than the female, which she cannot relate to at all. Mars is in a male sign and the tension of the square with Pluto and Uranus find the male sexual energy much more enticing and appealing. This adds to your point about Ceres also being square Mars and in Virgo - nurturing as a mother and a woman is just not a viable expression of that energy. The Node is also quincunx Pluto/Ceres/Uranus so this is part of her life path.

Jesse Booth

I haven't seen anyone mention it so far on this thread, but I came across an arabic lot called the lot of homosexuality during some of my time looking for information on arabic parts. It isn't a topic I have time to focus on right now, as I'm preoccupied with several other tasks at the moment, but if you guys want to check it out, it might be worth your time. I'll try to find the website I saw it on, but it's been a while since I've looked it up. And believe me, you won't get many useful results if you look up "lot of homosexuality" on Google. Let's just say that none of the results will be about astrology, and leave it at that.

waybread

I have some trouble with this type of question: there is no fail-proof signature for anything in a horoscope. We can point to trends but that's about it.

Venus in hard aspect to Uranus is a signature that I have seen appear in charts of lesbian women (and one bi- woman); but then we don't know how many lesbians do not have this aspect, or how many straight people do.

While I might point to tianamkd's Venus conjunct Uranus, or the aunt's Ceres (another "girl" planetoid) conjunct Uranus, I wouldn't make to much of it.

Uranus involved with one of the sexy planets can indicate sexuality that is unusual in some way, meaning as the mainstream society defines it. Since this changes across cultures and time periods, it's probably best not to read too much into Uranus aspects.

dr. farr

In oldtime (ie Islamic transitional era) literature, Venus and its conditions, situations and configurations, was given as prime significator for lesbianism (that term exactly used in this connection by Abu Mashar, around 850 AD) Also mentioned in this connection by Thabit ibn Qurra (around that same period of time) When we add Uranus (from Modern astrology) to this, I think we have found the 2 primary generic significators for this state (state of being re to sexuality)...

kailaniatsea

For those who are interested in exploring philosophical viewpoints regarding alternative sexuality in astrology, the link below may be useful (that thread became heated at times):

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22295

By the way, the Arabic part of homosexuality is ASC + Mars - Uranus if curious. Personally, I have never used this part and can't speak on its veracity or lack thereof. For those who do believe that astrology may unlock the keys to an individual's potential to be gay as opposed to straight, it is important to distinguish sexual fetishes predilections and from orientation. I do not say this to offend any particular group of people, but this is what I was taught in abnormal psychology. I have known what I call "part-time" gays who only use "established" gays (meaning out and comfortable with themselves) for their own sexual pleasure and in their everyday life, they repudiate them. Needless to say, people who engage in these behaviors perpetuate negative attitudes against the LGBT community. This is part of the reason why sexuality is so complicated.

However, the OP's established that this is a distinct aspect of their identity as human beings. With that being said, good luck!