Am I pregnant? Yet another pregnancy horary..

vali

Goodmorning everybody! I could reaaally use your help here.. I casted this chart a few days ago asking the question "Am I or will I become pregnant after my recent intercourse with x" I know it sounds weird to be asking this just a few days after the incident, but what happened was that I wasn't trying to get pregnant and it was coitus interruptus, this was on Thursday night but then the question popped in my mind on Monday like I was compelled to do a horary about it. I should mention that I would of course keep the baby, though alone, as things aren't going well between me and my fiance.. Anyway, let's try to interpret the chart..

So I think the chart is radical, as it describes me (1st house) quite well. Asc is leo and in 1st house is Mars. I am Sagittarius natally, but i'm a very fire-y person, especially during this period of my life, I act like a real fighter (Mars). My natal 5th cusp is 24 gemini and i find in this horary chart Venus to be at 26 gemini in the 11th house which I've read to be another house to look at for children. Forgive me If i'm wrong, I'm still learning so many things I say may be wrong.. Please feel free to correct me..
The question is about a fifth house matter, so makes sense that true node is in fifth house (along with vertex, pluto and ceres).
Also if I take 8th house to be house of conception (i've read somewhere that in horary it is), I find in there Jupiter (ruler of 5th by the way) and uranus (unexpected, sudden) in conjunction.
The Asc is neither early nor late at 17 degrees Leo. (My fiance is Leo by the way). Saturn is in 2nd house in Virgo so ok.
BUT. Moon is V.O.C. but in Cancer so it can perform(according to Lilly). Also she is in 11th house which here is in Cancer so she is happy here. Am I right so far? Taking this into consideration I went on to read the chart.
Asc ruler Sun in 10nth house, and 5th ruler Jupiter in 8th house are in a very tight sextile of 0 degrees applying. Very good I think! :happy:
Jupiter is a fortune and is significator for the quesited and Lilly considers this to be hopeful!
My significator is sun in 10th house and Sun is the giver of life, he is in a good house but in Taurus (not so good).
Also, Mars in Leo in 1st house is not good either when it comes to matters of pregnancy, and I thought at the first look that maybe this is a clear no, but then what about the applying sextile between the significators?
Then I see that asteroid child is in 1st house so maybe this means the child is in me but will bring conflict (Mars)?
Jupiter is also in pisces, a fertile sign.
As to Pluto retrograde in 5th house I think it's not good, but have found no further explanations as to that..
Because the moon makes no applying aspects, (except for an opposition to the true node but that's not a planet for me to consider, is it?), I got very confused. I was inclined to say no i'm not pregnant but there are some things in this chart that say yes. I am prejudiced because it's my own chart, and would like the answer to be yes, so although I give my considerations, I would appreciate your thoughts on the chart, as more objective and because you have greater knowledge of the subject..
Please, anything you have to say is valuable..
Yours, Vali..

Attachments

• phph0pLTVAM.jpg
    phph0pLTVAM.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 97

vali

In case you can't see the chart well, here are the details:
Monday May 10th 2010
Time 12.02 pm (noon)
at Kalimnos Greece (26e59 36n57)
Thank you! :happy:

vali

Quick correction! May 17th was the day I asked the question not May 10th! If anybody would like to help me out please I would be grateful.. It's still too early to take a test, you see, and of course we can use this chart to learn more.. :happy:

fensi88

No, you are not.
You are Su and Moon. Su is on most unfortunate fixed star Algol.
Child is Ju.
We see Su goes to sextile Ju but before that happen Ve square Ju, so Su is frustrated and that is NO answer to your question.

dr. farr

vali:
in your original post of this question you mention "coitus interruptus"; may I ask if ejaculation occurred during the act? And may I further ask if you are aware of any strong reasons (for example, such as precautions taken, being on birth control pills, etc) why conception should NOT have occurred (because if you are aware of strong reasons why conception should not have occurred it would put the validity of the question vis-a-vis the Cosmos into doubt)

vali

Goodmorning Dr.Farr. To answer your questions, ejaculation did not occur, but as a doctor I've seen pregnancies happpen due to pre-ejaculation fluids which DO contain semen. In addition to that, the intercourse was right on my most fertile day. I am not taking oral contraceptives, nor did I take any other precaution (morning after pill etc).
What do you mean "put the Cosmos in doubt"?. Do you mean that the chart is not radical and I should not read it? :unsure:

dr. farr

I am not taking oral contraceptives, nor did I take any other precaution (morning after pill etc).
What do you mean "put the Cosmos in doubt"?. Do you mean that the chart is not radical and I should not read it? :unsure:

+Since you were not taking measures to prevent conception, then the chart IS radical (my point was that if you had been taking significant measures to prevent conception and then asked this question even after having every logical reason to assume that conception almost certainly had not taken place-this would have been "testing the Cosmos" and would have constituted a "stricture against judgement", at least according to the olden time rules regarding horary and other forms of divinatory endeavor)

(Note:following is not in accordance with standard horary practice)

+Although Goca (above) is a master horary practitioner, and (from what I've seen) is usually accurate in horary prognostications, there are many testimonies in your chart which make me uncertain whether a "no" answer is really indicated. I will say that, logically, it should most likely be a no answer (while of course conception has occurred without ejaculation, fact is-as you already know-that this is not a very common occurrence) But then the relations happened on the most fertile day of your cycle-so that does (somewhat) increase the chances. 5th house, under fiery (and mutable) Sagittarius, not very suggestive of fertility; but then again fertile Pisces is in 8th (conception), with Jupiter-ruler of the 5th (children)-posited therein, in its rulership! Taking, say, Jupiter as significator of children + conception (as Lord of 5th and 8th), and taking Sun as your specific significator (querent's significator), as Lord of the Leo ascendant; we find the Moon flees both (Moon ahead of both significators in the zodiac), a decidedly negative testimony (in the peculiar horary approach which I follow) Unfortunately in the attached chart I cannot enlarge it so as to actually see the degrees of the planets or the aspectarian table attached, which aspects could add positive testimonies which could counter-balance the Moon/significators negative testimony. Plus your delineation of this horary is quite good, and looks more positive toward a yes answer.

+Perhaps looking at the Part of Conception, its placement and its significator, might help to clarify the likely result.
At this point, however, I must admit that the conflicting testimonies prevent me from suggesting either a yes or no answer. It might be more enlightening to erect an event chart (for the time of the intercourse) and evaluate it more along natal delineative lines, to obtain a more certain determination of the more likely outcome.

Last edited:

vali

Hello again Dr. Farr! In the horary chart, Part of conception is in Scorpio 10 28 in the 4th house. In the event chart for the intercourse, it is in Pisces 24 33 in the 3rd house along with Jupiter and Uranus. I will post the intercourse chart in a while, I am trying to see which resolution is most readable for you! The specifics of the intercourse chart are as follows: Thursday May 13th 2010 11pm(23:00hours) at Kalimnos Greece (26e59, 36n57).
Perhaps you could go to astro.com and see the chart there? I know i'm asking for too much of you but these charts have me puzzled! Meanwhile, I will try to find the best resolution possible to upload here the chart!
May I ask what is the significance of a late asc in event charts? Because in the intercourse chart the asc is Sag 29degrees!! Does this mean there's nothing I can do to change what is about to happen? Or does it render the chart unfit to read? Thank you so much for your interest Dr Farr..
Yours, Vali..

dr. farr

From my understanding of the subject, the late asc in an event chart is interpreted the same as in a natal, ie, indicating a measure of influence relating to the next sign; unlike horary it is not a stricture against judgement (although in my approach to horary I do not take too early or too late asc into much account and for me they are not strictures vs judgement)
Part of Conception is in fertile signs both in the horary and the event charts! Mars is significator for POC in the horary and Jupiter for the POC in the event. The horary is looking more like a yes. I shall check the event chart from Astro.com and see what I might make of it.

(Quick look at event chart is, in my opinion, much less promising-will make more complete report soon)

Last edited:

AquariusT

From my understanding of the subject, the late asc in an event chart is interpreted the same as in a natal, ie, indicating a measure of influence relating to the next sign; unlike horary it is not a stricture against judgement (although in my approach to horary I do not take too early or too late asc into much account and for me they are not strictures vs judgement)
Part of Conception is in fertile signs both in the horary and the event charts! Mars is significator for POC in the horary and Jupiter for the POC in the event. The horary is looking more like a yes. I shall check the event chart from Astro.com and see what I might make of it.

Where do you find the Part of Conception? I don't see it here http://www.noendpress.com/pvachier/arabicparts/index.php. tia

dr. farr

Part of Conception

Ascendant + Mars - Sun (daylight formula)
Ascendant + Sun - Mars (hours of darkness formula)

Last edited:

dr. farr

Its not available on the calculator sites; the formula is from Paulus Alexandrianus and is found in Greenbaum's "Late Classical Astrology"

dr. farr

Regarding the event chart:
(Whole Sign house format applied)
-angles are mutable signs: shows changing conditions, rather than fixed or cardinal influences operative in chart as whole
-5th house (children) under barren Aries = - testimony for conception
-8th house (conception) under fertile Cancer: however:
...new life destructive Dragon's Tail posited in this house, which (in my opinion) largely negates otherwise + testimony here
...ruler of Cancer, Moon, is combust Sun; this further compromises the testimony of Cancer in the 8th regarding this matter
-Scorpio, affinitive to reproductive organs, posited in cadent 12th house, house of disappointments
-Ceres, posited in 2nd house, is disposited by the new life-inhibitive Saturn
-Jupiter and Part of Conception in fertile Pisces; Jupiter thus strong by domicile; both in 4th house, could be looked at as "roots" regarding conception; this woud be strong + testimony, except:
...Jupiter in close square to inhibiting Saturn, Saturn's ray coming in from the very sterile sign of Virgo
-both Jupiter and Part of Conception square to Venus (Venus always important in matters involving conception, new life and birth)
-Jupiter conjunct Uranus, not a really positive testimony regarding conception and new life
So at best the Jupiter/Part of Conception testimony is only slightly +
-Moon, ruler of 8th house sign Cancer, already afflicted by combustion, is also parallel of declination with Dragon's Tail, very - testimony

In my (hopefully incorrect) view, the event chart's weight of testimony is against the likelihood of conception having occurred.