Beginning to Study Astrology

Claire19

I'm probably putting my head on the chopping block here, yet I think the major problem with those who start 'to study' astrology is that most of them aren't actually interested in learning the craft and its techniques for itself, rather than fulfilling a Mercurial curiousity in a general knowledge of what it can tell them in the way of predicting/answering personal life events..... and then as quickly as possible.

According to the statistics, this forum boasts over 9000 members who have made themselves known at some time or another, of which less than 10% is ' currently active'. Of that total or percentage, how many are, or remain, questioners who are not really interested in offering insights to others as a result of their love for (Venus) and actively working (Mars) towards gaining knowledge(Jupiter) in mastering (Saturn) a subject beyond their personal self (Uranus)? IMHO there has to be more than plain interst and curiousity to study any subject in depth.....of which astrology is but one of many.

Sincerely,
A student of astrology.:joyful:
As a teacher and having many students pass through my classes I find that they just want a quick solution to their particular problems rather and not really prepared to study and put in the hours that it takes to become a proficient basic astrologer..To become really adept takes much practise and years...... But once in a while I have a student who is destined to be an astrologer and shows great promise. This compensates for the sense of frustration I often feel when so many drop out well before even the intermediate stage of learning. It is those that have half knowledge or their own theories that are a danger when they give prediction.

Although I am an everyday student of astrology and have been for over 40 years, I have not formally been a teacher. However, whenever I ventured into that area of teaching I took a very direct route. The first thing I did was give several keywords for two bodies as simplistic as for Mars and Moon and then gave several keywords for square and trine. Without priming them, I would then ask a question such as what would a stress relationship cause between Mars and Moon and then I would ask what would a cooperative aspect between Mars and Moon cause. It was pretty easy for me to see those who were willing to explore, check their self, and invest their self in the face of an immediate test. From this process, I would find out two things or more. Are they willing to think and once I asked them to elaborate beyond their first response, were they able to extrapolate and intuit. An added option in order to see if they could apply their integration process was to the ask them to apply this to two different people they knew, one with each aspect, who were well known celebrities or friends. With this process, within five minutes I had let them know what it was like to require to work with astrology, which also revealed whether they were interested in how the subject worked, other than for self searching. I was able to ascertain if they were willing to put their self on the line, looking inward and being willing to project their ideas where they might be judged and receive feedback. How they engaged in their first speculations, told me a lot about their possible aptitudes. Obviously this type of procedure cannot absolutely show all potential students initial aptitude, but it can often help the teacher get a handle on each prospective student in one way or another. Sometimes the student might immediately reveal the gift within them

Last edited:

selfless

Banned
hi, after having done so much research on LAL KITAB, VEDIC ASTROLOGY, NUMEROLOGY ,and after having given so many advices to people on their horoscope, i still think there are infinite things left to be known..it is a vast subject, first when u study u will find interest, then if u study more u may get confused, if u study further , u may feel content, But ur learning is not complete..it's a journey..ASTROLOGY is a DIVINE SCIENCE..ONE SHOULD HAVE THE GREAT GOD'S BLESSING TO KNOW THIS SUBJECT IN DEPTH.. then a person with good soul/heart (alongwith good understanding of ASTROLOGY) can predict most of the things correctly..
hope u got the point...
if u wanna know about your horoscope/chart , just
GIVE here
DATE OF BIRTH, TIME OF BIRTH, (if possible)
then u may be surprisingly pleased after getting good result..

rahul_rastogy

Hii.. Frank!!!
It's good to see your knowledge about astrology. but, Sometimes it become wrong for someone, so what should be done in this situation, I am asking this question because I also don't know what is going wrong with the predictions.

Claire19

Hii.. Frank!!!
It's good to see your knowledge about astrology. but, Sometimes it become wrong for someone, so what should be done in this situation, I am asking this question because I also don't know what is going wrong with the predictions.

Astrology takes time and a lot of study to get to the prediction stage. Many dont interpret the transits and progressions accurately and without foreknowledge of a person's background, stage in life, environment, it is hard to predict accurately and really we should be giving guidance only to specific issues addressed.

Frank

Astrology takes time and a lot of study to get to the prediction stage. Many dont interpret the transits and progressions accurately and without foreknowledge of a person's background, stage in life, environment, it is hard to predict accurately and really we should be giving guidance only to specific issues addressed.

Precisely. Also, it's not that astrology is wrong, it's that astrologers are wrong.

Claire19

If you are prepared for hours and hours of study,doing countless charts, taking years to perfect the art and science that is astrology, just for cricket scores??? :smile: I am not prepared to spend my time on that, but others may.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Hi guys I want to learn astrology to predict for cricket please teach me from basic

I developed a method that would allow me to predict the losers in a presidential contest...

And allow you to get more numbers in a lottery. Never won though, since i was competeing with my best luck against everyone's best luck in the whole state.

What kind of cricket scores were you talking abooot?

Coffee

Banned
Great post OP. I agree that too many go off and study aspect patterns, asteroids and such like before getting to grips with the basics of astrology.

jackierose

I'm probably putting my head on the chopping block here, yet I think the major problem with those who start 'to study' astrology is that most of them aren't actually interested in learning the craft and its techniques for itself, rather than fulfilling a Mercurial curiousity in a general knowledge of what it can tell them in the way of predicting/answering personal life events..... and then as quickly as possible.

According to the statistics, this forum boasts over 9000 members who have made themselves known at some time or another, of which less than 10% is ' currently active'. Of that total or percentage, how many are, or remain, questioners who are not really interested in offering insights to others as a result of their love for (Venus) and actively working (Mars) towards gaining knowledge(Jupiter) in mastering (Saturn) a subject beyond their personal self (Uranus)? IMHO there has to be more than plain interst and curiousity to study any subject in depth.....of which astrology is but one of many.

Sincerely,
A student of astrology.:joyful:
I think that is a definite "yes"! I am in a sense a student because I am interested in learning...have always been fascinated with astrology. I do have questions about life/love and relationships and am interested in learning more about myself, what I need to work on to be my best and happiest. For me that was the real desire I felt to look into my natal chart (which I do not even pretend to understand) and relationship charts because if we live, we have positive and negative relationships so to me it is natural to question or open my mind to what I contribute to these relationships. I am hungry for interpretations and comments and try to learn more about what they are talking about and seeing how it really fits into what is happening with my life. This is fascinating to me.

So I am trying to go back and look at the basics, it is and probably will continue to be confusing and overwhelming, but I want to learn so I am reading and trying to read and absorb. I appreciate and enjoy all the advice and references on this site and it has been the most helpful in knowing where to focus-the basics

Sebastien Cheritte

obviously astrology takes time to study, and depending on the depth one is willing to dig, there can't be any set rules for growth, we will all study as and when we feel it's necessary, sure there are plenty of people that are simply observing, not necessarily contributing since their knowledge of x, y & z are limited in their experience with those factors. Learn, but learn blindly, my mother said, who was a full sign/house Gemini. Something fascinating about the art of study, is the 'necessity for return' as well, like many interesting materials, we find ourselves, 'returning' because the second time donates a new understanding. :)

"while moist soil nourishes a richer trunk, thicker branches & fatter, more wholesome leaves, it doesn't encourage hight, let them wallow into willow"
- an Arborist

Hey Frank,
Great post as well excellent teaching methodology for beginners.I liked it.Basics are the mandatory thing to get started in every field even if it is astrology, technology, biology or any other study. I would love to read more about astrology from your side.
Regards,
Shivanand

I had a "crisis of faith," too, only mine centered on prayers not being answered the way I wanted life to go. -- I also suffer continually from lack of confidence. My astrologer said I'd make a good astrologer. I've had some minor success (good success) in reading charts, but I'm still a beginner and still lack passion for much of anything, except for brief moments. Would you guys look at my chart, please, and tell me... kinda looking for a 2nd opinion on career. It may just be a [lunar] phase, but I'm asking anyway. Thank you in advance.
showgif.cgi

ukdesifem

Just for fun/by accident. lol..

Well, I'm a keen student of humanity/the human condition. I'm a big politics/economics/philosophy buff, and I work in marketing, so those all figure.

Astrology is just an extension of that for me...

And by perusing people's charts, initial thoughts of "who or what is normal?" are reinforced. We're all different, and everybody is special. It also humanises all of us, as even "bad" people such as Stalin or Hitler can be noted as being bad by seeing their natal chart aspects. Hitler for instance, whist not at ALL excusing his actions, was a Scorpio Rising, which at least would describe some of his persona.

JUPITERASC

Just for fun/by accident. lol..

Well, I'm a keen student of humanity/the human condition. I'm a big politics/economics/philosophy buff, and I work in marketing, so those all figure.

Astrology is just an extension of that for me...

And by perusing people's charts, initial thoughts of "who or what is normal?" are reinforced. We're all different, and everybody is special. It also humanises all of us, as even "bad" people such as Stalin or Hitler can be noted as being bad by seeing their natal chart aspects. Hitler for instance, whist not at ALL excusing his actions, was a Scorpio Rising, which at least would describe some of his persona.
There are differences of astrological opinion
regarding Hitler's ascendant
:smile:

ukdesifem

There are differences of astrological opinion
regarding Hitler's ascendant

I read somewhere he was a Scorpio Asc., I stand corrected if not true lol..

Even still, it's clear to see why a person is as they are, from celebrities, infamous people as Hitler to the average Joe.

JUPITERASC

I read somewhere he was a Scorpio Asc., I stand corrected if not true lol..

Even still, it's clear to see why a person is as they are, from celebrities, infamous people as Hitler to the average Joe.
It's the usual astrological difference of opinion
each to their own