Help to Understand the Aspects Please

SongBird

Hello,

I am new to chart interpretation and do fine except when it comes to the aspects. Appreciate any feedback and thanks for your time.

SongBird
:biggrin:

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_SB.28348.61045.gif
    astro_2gw_01_SB.28348.61045.gif
    50.2 KB · Views: 35

haidee

https://cafeastrology.com/articles/aspectsinastrology.html
Edit: A lot of people in here look on skyscript which might be better... http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects2.html

^^^

If you use Astro.com,
the blue lines = harmonious (sextiles, trines)
the red lines = stressful (conjunction, square, opposition)
the dotted green lines = stressful (inconjunction/quincunx)
And then there are other minor aspects like, quintiles and such that you can look up later.

Look at the triangle chart underneath the circle chart instead of the lines though (I did that in the beginning :pinched: ).
Also, even if you have stressful aspects, they can still be used in a positive way~

Last edited:

kimbermoon

Aspects serve to modify the natural energy expression of the planetary bodies. Before defining the nature of a planetary influence through a given sign, you must first determine how it is aspected, either positively or negatively. Don't be fooled by the various interpretations given for each planet in a sign, for that will be moderated by the aspects. Hard aspects [red lines] show tension, difficulty, frustration and antagonism, while blue lines represent more harmonious influences that can be expressed more naturally and easily.

Ex; Venus in Scorpio is afflicted in a t-square aspect with both Jupiter and Uranus in opposition. Venus represents your values, ideals [expectations], love and socialization, and also your sense of self-esteem. An afflicted Venus can suggest a poor sense of self-esteem, or faulty sense of self in the way you perceive yourself, or others. Venus/Jupiter relates to social and educational growth and expansion and can be an indicator of potential luck, or lack thereof.

Jupiter also represents truth, generosity, sincerity, trust and honour. Afflictions therefore can represent a lacking in such things. Jupiter in opposition with Uranus can represent the unexpected and the unusual, often bringing sudden changes that can be perceived as crises.

At the same time however, Venus is also trine Mars for you, which can bode well for love and romance.
The trine engages the 6th and 10th Houses, thus the benefits may prove positive for employment and career, or public standing / popularity.

Next, one must consider the ruler-ships of the planets involved: Mars rules the dynamic between the 3rd and 9th Houses [communications, the differentiation between the lower and the higher mind, travel, spirituality,etc] while Venus rules the 4th and 10th dynamic [family, the past and the dynamic between the home and public life].

Of course there is much more involved in delineating how the aspects will play out for the individual, and much will depend on the ongoing cycles, transits and progressions that will occur throughout the life. :smile:

ukdesifem

Hello,

I am new to chart interpretation and do fine except when it comes to the aspects. Appreciate any feedback and thanks for your time.

SongBird
:biggrin:

Your Grand Trine stands out in Water, in 5th, 1st, and 9th. Your core persona, creativity/fun, and higher learning/travel are linked.

SongBird

Kimbermoon,

Sincere thanks for taking time to point out and explain some of the aspects in my natal chart. All very interesting points to consider and help me understand. Thank you,

SongBird

Thank you, Haidee - especially for the links and general explanation which was especially helpful. I was actually too shy about asking what the difference between the two colored lines were. I had an idea, but appreciate the confirmation.

SB

katydid

Read about 'Saturn in Aquarius'
Read about 'Saturn trine Mercury'
Read about 'Mercury in Libra'

Read about 'Saturn conjunct the Ascendant'

That ought to help you get a good start on your chart. . :innocent: