Solar Return 2008 - Love and business???

Girl_from_Jupiter

I've done my solar return chart for the very first time this year and I don't really have a clue how to interpret it :confused:. So, I was hopping that some of you could help me out here and help me with the interpretation. I am particularly interested in two things:
  • What can I expect in the next year in terms of love and relationships???
    Background info: I'm kinda seeing someone since 4 years, but we're on and off. We live in different countries and I'm planning on moving to his country in order to be closer to him and to give our relationship a real chance)
  • Will I find a job abroad next year?
    Background info: I will finish my university degree in a couple of weeks. Like I mentioned in the above point I am planning to move abroad and I want to apply for a job there.
My solar return chart and my natal chart:

Any help would be highly appreciated!!!!!!! :69:

Talibr_sagi

I've done my solar return chart for the very first time this year and I don't really have a clue how to interpret it :confused:.

Girl from Jupiter I am having trouble to interpret it also ;)! I wish I could give you some help with your questions...but I am not so advanced....I am still trying to figure out my charts :).

I don't know if this will help, but Starlink gave a really good & detailed explanation for River's Solar Return Chart...I was amazed by the way she combined the natal with the solar return chart and in addition with the progressed and the solar arc chart...
I am just coping a piece from one of Starlink's posts, because I think it can be very helpful for someone reading for the first time his/her solar return chart:

...you HAVE to compare it with the natal chart. The Solar Return Ascendant is important. Look in which house it falls in your natal. If it is very close to a housecusp (within 5°)take the next house. Issues of that house will dominate the year. If the Ascendant happens to be the same as the birth Ascendant, then a MAJOR year is ahead for you. If the Descendant of your Natal chart happens to be the Ascendant of your Solar Return, a difficult year can be expected (have seen that over and over again)...

Here's the link to River's post just to give a look: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7458

BTW I was amazed when I looked at your solar return chart, because our birthday is sooo close...mine is on the 24th....different year though :D...and my solar return chart has pretty much the same aspects and planet positions! In my chart Jupiter is placed in the 12th, Uranus in the 3rd, Moon in the 5th, but the rest is the same :eek:!
OK it sort of happens since we have near birthdays...but still I was a bit in awe :eek: hehe!
Fingers crossed that it will be a good solar return for people born on the 24th and the 25th :D, even with different natal charts!

Edited because I realized I have done some really silly typing mistakes :)!!

Last edited:

Talibr_sagi

Girl_from_Jupiter

Thank you Talibr_sagi for your help!!! I really appreciate it!!!:39:

I know the interpretations from cafeastrology but I will look at the others as well. Maybe they will help me interpreting my chart ... like I said, I've only just begun studying predictive astrology and right now it is all very new to me.

PS: I'm always pleased to meet a fellow November born Sag ... :)

Talibr_sagi

You're welcome :)!!!

I am in the studing progress as well...trying to learn anything I can about solar return. I'll try finding more links...and I will post them.

Girl from Jupiter we will solve the puzzle in the end ;)!! Even if it takes us a whole solar return hehe :D !!!

wilsontc

Staff member
overall pattern, to Girl

Girl,

The Solar Return chart by itself gives you an overall impression of the issues coming up in your birthday year (I disagree with Star and think you CAN interpret the Solar Return chart by itself). So in your chart, with Libra (relationships) modifying Venus (relationships) conjunct (energy is combined with) Midheaven (outer world) indicates that relationships in the outer world are very important this year. With Sagittarius (expansion, also travel) modifying Ascendant (self) conjunct Jupiter (expansion, also travel) you have a strong personal need to travel this birthday year.

All this confirms what you said about the important issues coming up this birthday year. In order to see what are the energies around you right now and what you can do with them, you need to create and interpret a transit chart.

Charting,

Tim

Girl_from_Jupiter

Thank you Tim for your reply!!! :39:

OK, so to make sure I got this right ... The solar return chart shows the areas of my life that will be especially important during the next year and the transits show what is going to happen in those areas ... am I correct???

So, in my solar return chart I have Sagittarius rising with Jupiter conjunct the Ascendant and Pluto in the 1st house. My solar Ascendant falls in my natal 9th house. If I got this right this should mean that all things foreign will be of high importance in my life next year. Next year I will have Jupiter and Pluto transiting my natal 10th house and transiting Uranus will be square my natal Jupiter (ruler of my natal MC) ... so I can expect some major changes (I will be graduating from college, so this would make sense, I guess) and also some good fortune in the professional world next year. So chances that I will find a job abroad are looking good ... right???

My SR Venus is conjunct my SR midheaven in Libra which means that relationships will be very important during the next 12 months. This is even more so because SR Venus/SR MC fall in my natal 7th house and conjunct my natal Venus. Transitwise Uranus will be square my Mercury (ruler of my natal 7th house) and later on also will conjunct my natal Ascendant ... so I can expect some surprising changes in relationships. Transiting Chiron will trine my natal Venus so this indicates some kind of healing (???). Transiting Jupiter will be trine my natal Descendant, so this is a good sign, I guess.

Am I on the right track here???

Girl_from_Jupiter

I've got another question ... Is it also possible to look at transits to the solar return chart??? I would immagine that those transit could be an indicator of when certain events will take place... or am I confusing things here???