Vedic vs. Western

beginner

what u will consider jupiter in gemini Rx in 6th house?

it will considered as strong or weak?(as being in 6th House)

Dear Preeshu,
Namaste
Treat exalted retrograde planet as debilitated and debilitated retrograde planet as exalted and apply the principle.

Dear Beginner,
Astrology is not about prediction. Its a tool to cleanse your karma and help other to cleanse their karma.

Moog

so that means that it has no effect on Jupiter whatsoever?

I believe that in western astrology the word is used differently.

Jupiter is generally 'weak' or not behaving at its best for being in a sign of Mercury, but not technically 'debilitated', that only occurs in Capricorn. Also known as its 'fall' sign in western astrology.

I'm trying to clear up confusion, but am probably making things worse :lol:

Complicated stuff, astrology

http://www.futurepointindia.com/art...y/exaltation-and-debilitation-of-planets.aspx

rajat-astrologer

Do you mean that the matters of the house are weakened? Does it affect the ruler?

It's an interesting idea.

I have Mercury exalted and Venus debilitated in Virgo. Would you say then that the energy loss was balanced or cancelled out?
Dear Moog,
Excellent!! U got it very much right. The energy loss will be balanced out.

rajat-astrologer

So if I have Jupiter in 11th house in Virgo (it's ruler is Mercury which is the enemy planet) does it mean that Jupiter is debilitated?
Dear Tammy,
Namaste
Yes Jupiter in Virgo will behave as debilitated. Reason is to take in this way:

Jupiter gets debilitated in Capricorn. Capricorn is Prithvi Tattva. So in all the Prithvi tattva sign (Taurus and Virgo), Jupiter will behave as debilitated. This principle can be understood much better when applied in the chart analysis.

rajat-astrologer

I believe that in western astrology the word is used differently.

Jupiter is generally 'weak' or not behaving at its best for being in a sign of Mercury, but not technically 'debilitated', that only occurs in Capricorn. Also known as its 'fall' sign in western astrology.

I'm trying to clear up confusion, but am probably making things worse :lol:

Complicated stuff, astrology

http://www.futurepointindia.com/art...y/exaltation-and-debilitation-of-planets.aspx
Dear Moog,
Astrology is not complex at all. The only point is that you need to give time to it. I will suggest you and tammy both to join my course. You both have passion for astrology and you both will just excel.

You are right that normally it is treated weak as per Western and Vedic both in Mercury's sign. But what is the criteria to judge the weakness.

There is Gemini and Virgo both lorded by Mercury. What you will say whether Jupiter is more weak in Gemini or Virgo or same!!

Moog

Dear Moog,
Astrology is not complex at all. The only point is that you need to give time to it.

I have to disagree, astrology has so many moving parts!

Of course, with enough time, effort, a working brain, and dedication, it begins to feel a lot simpler, just like I do not feel the complexity in creating these sentences.

I will suggest you and tammy both to join my course. You both have passion for astrology and you both will just excel.

Thank you for the kind offer. Sadly I am in the depths of impoverishment for now, but perhaps in the future.

You are right that normally it is treated weak as per Western and Vedic both in Mercury's sign. But what is the criteria to judge the weakness.

There is Gemini and Virgo both lorded by Mercury. What you will say whether Jupiter is more weak in Gemini or Virgo or same!!

I'm sure that there are fine differences that my beginner's mind has yet to perceive. How do you see it?

rajat-astrologer

Dear Moog,
I agree that astrology has so many moving parts! Its always better to concentrate on one first, master it and then look for second. In this way if one approaches, the complexity can be reduced to a large extent.

Sorry if i gave any impression about being money minded. I am very clear that the Karma assigned to me is spreading the knowledge of Vedic Astrology. Your depth of impoverishment is not going to come in between your learning of astrology.
I request the moderators to grant me permission on this platform to ask the people who are financially stable to provide donations so that such people who need this knowledge on a big way should not refrain from it just on the financial grounds. Please contact me privately for joining the course without any fees.

The criteria is that Virgo is Prithvi Tattva sign whereas Gemini is Vayu tattva sign. Hence Jupiter will be much weaker in Prithvi tattva sign and better than Prithvi Tattva in Vayu tattva sign.

This is the way we check the strength:

Jupiter is best in Jala tattva sign (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces)

Next best is Agni Tattva sign (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius)

Next one is Vayu Tattva sign (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius)

The worst is Prithvi Tattva sign (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn)

Moog

I did not mean to cause offence by suggesting you were 'money minded', I simply noticed the fees on your page.

That is a most generous offer, and I'll probably be in touch later.

These tattvas must be the 4 elements, yes? Interesting.

Thank you :smile:

Libra tends to be outgoing, social, sweet, cheerful, can make friends wherever they go <---major difference.

Libra is balanced--> another big difference.

I am a Libra (Oct. 18th) and I certainly do not match any of the traditional values nor characteristics of the Libra, particularly none of which you've announced here. Though I do fit the part of fulfilling equality for all other's, including animals.

I am also not very balanced, haha- I always say I am "an Unbalanced Libra". Nonetheless, the balance doesn't necessarily have to do with me nor you as a person-- the balance can mean you're very good at seeing both sides in most any given situation. It can mean you won't stand for injustice of any kind.

I really don't like the typical interpretations for Libra because they make Libran people seem like snotty, arrogant schemer's or something. Thank God our Sun sign does not depict who we think we are on top of who other people think we are-- the Ascending Sign is who you project to other's as well as yourself.

Simha

Rajat Ji,

This is the first time I am hearing that Jupiter will get debilitated all earthy sign. This way all planets will have four signs of exaltation and four signs for debilitation. Can you please refer to the scripture/book in which it so mentioned. I have never seen unanimity on effect of retrogression. Retrogression is astronomical phenomenon because our frame of reference for viewing planets is earth and not sun. If we were to observe planets from Sun, there will not be any retrogression observed. Eaxaltation, debilitation are indicators of strength of the planets and have nothing to do with functional results to be determined due to placement of planets in the signs. According to some, retrogression increases the strength of the planet with no impact on functional results. This can be valid for inner planets because inner planets go into retrogression when they are closest to the earth. But what about the outer planets. Same logic cannot be applied to the outer planets. In my experience the only real impact of retrogression i have seen in many charts is that the planet in direct motion, gives a confirmed result. Whereas a planet, in retrogression will produce a result which will fail when it takes direct motion. In my experience the real functional result of planets really depend on the nakshatra placement of Planets.

Simha

Honey_white and Tammy,

If you wish please share your birth details. Let us do anlayse your charts for specifics rather than generalities.

Mist Knacker

Dear Preeshu,
Namaste
Treat exalted retrograde planet as debilitated and debilitated retrograde planet as exalted and apply the principle.
A planet becomes debilitated if it resides in the sign opposite its Exaltation, not if it becomes retrograde in certain signs (e.g. exaltation).

The Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, born on May 1984, has a Retrograde Exalted Saturn in Libra, and from observing his life, this Saturn still functions as exalted.

So, if anything, I think Retrogradation would actually help even exalted planets perform better.

According to the Magi Society branch of astrology, which is based on statistically valid scientific research, retrograde planets are beneficial the majority of the time.